Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting take on Trump and Rona reaction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 557

Interesting take on Trump and Rona reaction

Sep 10, 2020, 10:00 PM

The bombshell about him downplaying the virus to not cause a panic is impressive right?

Maybe, just maybe based on his travel ban from China on 2/2/20 he didn’t expect it to be much of a threat?

Great whites are deadly, but if you live in Arizona you are pretty safe.

It’s just a theory. At that point in time everything was pretty unknown.

Not claiming anything as wrong or right, it was just something I thought about today while wandering the grocery store in a mask.

So it’s known to be worse than the flu, but you don’t know where it goes from there. You can cause an unnecessary panic over something that could go away and look irresponsible or you make a big deal about it and everyone changes their habits early and often and you look like a hero.

Just throwing it out there as a different way to think about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It reminds me of all the criticism

Sep 10, 2020, 10:04 PM

that Bush took when reading to the Elementary kids on the morning of 9/11.

If you read his book and memoirs, his first thought was not to panic anyone or the kids. So he continued to read and then promptly left and announced the attacks. I have great respect for anyone put in these positions and put caution over panic.

But you will always have the ones that will scream about anything and that is what we are seeing. Revisionist history is alive and well

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to TD every "where were you 19 years ago"?

Sep 10, 2020, 10:09 PM

posts tomorrow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where were you 19 years ago?

Sep 11, 2020, 6:36 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that's what happened

Sep 11, 2020, 7:47 AM [ in reply to It reminds me of all the criticism ]

because after admitting to the Watergate guy that he knew the virus was airborne he then held 6 indoor rallys

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Not the same.

Sep 11, 2020, 8:05 AM [ in reply to It reminds me of all the criticism ]

Bush was given shocking information in the middle of his activity with kids. It's hard to say how any of us would have reacted at that given moment.

Trump's information didn't come as a sudden shock in front of a crowd. He had time to make his decision. He chose poorly.

Other nations didn't lie to their people. Their presidents didn't stir up their idiot, blindly loyal fanbases to spread the lies (oh yeah... you did it, too). There was no panic. And they beat the virus.

We could have done the same thing. Americans as a whole are not a panicky people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Not the same.

Sep 11, 2020, 8:21 AM

sure, but investors and the markets can be panicky, when he said keeping people from panicking, that is what he is talking about.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo

Sep 11, 2020, 8:23 AM

he didn't give a #### about his supporters because he held indoor cult meetings during that time knowing full well the virus would rapidly spread.

He didn't want to panic the stock market

Re: Interesting take on Trump and Rona reaction

Sep 10, 2020, 10:54 PM

I was waiting for you guys to try and rationalise this, because you can't.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa whoa whoa

Sep 11, 2020, 6:15 AM

I’m not saying I buy into this.

Just thought it was an interesting perspective

Could it be grasping at straws to rationalize it? Maybe

Is it plausible? Maybe

Aside from calling

Sep 11, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting take on Trump and Rona reaction ]

You guys are so full of chit. There were so many reports about COVID, what it was and what it was not, that was all wrong (and probably still is) that anyone can find 1,000 incorrect statements said by Trump, Biden, and the rest of the world leaders.

No one gives a chit with you trying to prove who knew what when because we still do not know ground truth, and I do not trust (nor should you) any of the data on which you base most of your conclusions.

To infer Biden would have made one or a dozen exactly correct decisions at exactly the right time is STUPID. Plain stupid and shows you stupid you must be to think such a thing. No one knew what was going on - no one could make 100% correct decisions as judged in hindsight.

Pathetic.

You guys are playing a little word game to try to make yourselves feel good. Move on.

I don't know if Biden would have been better

Sep 11, 2020, 9:07 AM

but he wouldn't have told a reporter he knew full well the virus spreads through the air, then go on national TV and tell his cult the exact opposite, then hold multiple indoor cult meetings.

Just saying.

Sep 10, 2020, 11:08 PM

It’s pretty simple, anyone that tries to rationalize / justify these statements by trump is severely gullible and has been conned by the orange wanna be dictator. Absolutely hilarious.

Riddle me this

Sep 11, 2020, 6:20 AM

Say, around March 20, did you expect we’d still be going through this mess in September?

I did not, my friends and I thought it was kind of a 3 week vacation and treated it as such.

I bought into the "flatten the curve" argument

Sep 11, 2020, 6:39 AM

but clearly it was not about flattening the curve to a lot of people. The scared sheep are still trying to impose their will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 6:31 AM

All he had to do was tell people to wear masks, wash hands often, and not call it a hoax. Pretty simple things. Nothing that would freak anyone out.

There has been a false choice presented in this situation.

Sep 11, 2020, 6:41 AM

It is being presented as if the President had two options: downplay the virus, or cause a panic.

The correct thing to do would be to be forthright about the virus, while ensuring not to cause a panic. A good leader should be able to do that.

It's as if people are saying the President only had the choice to say "It will disappear" or "We're all going to die!!!!"

There is a very large in between there, where lies the best response. How about "This virus is very dangerous, much worse than the flu. This serious situation requires serious action, and Americans are up to the challenge, as they always are. We have a plan in place that we are confident will keep you safe, as follows:..."

Can’t argue with that

Sep 11, 2020, 6:55 AM

Interesting thing is “Americans are up for the challenge” would have united us all

Instead, now we are extremely divided

And you know, I remember some of those kinds of words

Sep 11, 2020, 6:57 AM

being said, because I complimented them. But the message was often confused and contradicted by other non-teleprompted statements, including on Twitter.

The Twitter gets him every time***

Sep 11, 2020, 7:02 AM

To me, the most direct contradiction he presented

Sep 11, 2020, 7:12 AM

was about the comparison to the flu:

He said to Woodward, in February: "more deadly than even your strenuous flu"

Then he said in a public briefing, on Feb. 26th: "This is a flu. This is like a flu,"

Then, by March 31st, he said publicly: "But it's not the flu. It's vicious".

Re: There has been a false choice presented in this situation.

Sep 11, 2020, 7:20 AM [ in reply to There has been a false choice presented in this situation. ]

User Logo
TheProdigal
Hall of Famer [21540]
TigerPulse: 94%
There has been a false choice presented in this situation. [3]
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 6:41 AM

It is being presented as if the President had two options: downplay the virus, or cause a panic.

The correct thing to do would be to be forthright about the virus, while ensuring not to cause a panic. A good leader should be able to do that.

It's as if people are saying the President only had the choice to say "It will disappear" or "We're all going to die!!!!"

There is a very large in between there, where lies the best response. How about "This virus is very dangerous, much worse than the flu. This serious situation requires serious action, and Americans are up to the challenge, as they always are. We have a plan in place that we are confident will keep you safe, as follows:..."

gosh if only you were president everything would be a ok

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be a terrible President.

Sep 11, 2020, 7:23 AM

I'd never be able to make a decision about anything. But I like to think I'm fairly decent at, when given time, composing thoughts that are kind and encouraging to people. But I'd never be able to do it well under pressure.

Why do you...

Sep 11, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: There has been a false choice presented in this situation. ]

Copy and paste the person's profile and entire post just to respond with one line of text?

You should go back to using all caps.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

WHY NOT BOTH???

Sep 11, 2020, 9:20 AM

CATAHOULA

WHY DO YOU...
POSTED: SEP 11, 2020 8:52 AM

COPY AND PASTE THE PERSON'S PROFILE AND ENTIRE POST JUST TO RESPOND WITH ONE LINE OF TEXT?

YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO USING ALL CAPS.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: WHY NOT BOTH???

Sep 11, 2020, 9:26 AM

Replies: 25
| visibility 557
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic