Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Expect Watson's running ability to be major part of offensive plan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Expect Watson's running ability to be major part of offensive plan

Sep 25, 2015, 10:12 PM

Expect Watson's running ability to be major part of offensive plan

Clemson fans either gasp or hold their breath when quarterback Deshaun Watson runs the football or takes a hit, and Death Valley even grew silent when Watson fell to the grass during the win over Appalachian St. However, both Watson and the coaches say Watson's running ability will be a big part of the offensive plan going forward. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Expect Watson's running ability to be major part of offensive plan

Sep 25, 2015, 10:42 PM

BS

Let ND think?

yup***

Sep 26, 2015, 8:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is our opportunity....

Sep 26, 2015, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Expect Watson's running ability to be major part of offensive plan ]

We have to do whatever is necessary to win the game, so yes, Watson will probably run the ball a few times to try and get the downfield passing open.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Expect Watson's running ability to be major part of offensive plan

Sep 25, 2015, 10:46 PM

Sounds like an excellent plan for a team with questionable QB depth....

Sep 25, 2015, 11:15 PM

Love the calmness and confidence this kid has!!!

Then expect Watson to get hurt.***

Sep 25, 2015, 11:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Then expect Watson to get hurt.***

Sep 26, 2015, 1:23 AM

QBs that stay in the pocket get hurt too...... We have a great talented QB... got to let the man use his talent. Almost everyone who plays football will get hurt at some point.
I would rather get hurt using my talents than get hurt for being afraid to use all my talents.

Re: Then expect Watson to get hurt.***

Sep 26, 2015, 1:52 AM

+1

He seems to play best when he can play loose and do his own thing.

If he has a clear field and room to slide if necessary,

Sep 26, 2015, 12:51 AM

I can see that happening and it should. But to put in a lot of running plays for DW is asking for trouble - and trouble will come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't stAnd the empty backfield designed run that

Sep 26, 2015, 9:17 AM

Takes forever to pick a running lane. Using Rbs in Zone read is a little less stressful to watch. At least he has room to avoid some hits.

I wouldn't trade Deshaun for another QB, we have the Best.

Sep 26, 2015, 12:59 AM

I look forward to seeing the growth this team will have. I believe we will be very competitive against ND and GT. We will know a lot about how much our rookies have grown the next three weeks. I know any college team could beat another on any given day, but I like the talent we have.

If we do the right thing at the right time most of the time I believe our talent will win out the rest of the season. Turnovers or special team errors would kill us.

I like the way the schedule has allowed this young team to grow each of the first three weeks. Having a matchup against Buy at home this week allows this team to work on errors and prepare for ND and GT.

I would not be surprised if we come out strong against ND in Death Valley.. I think we will shock and awe ND. Our stadium is ss loud as their stadium. The excitement will fill the air on Saturday night Week.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Please stop trying to be like Chad Morris

Sep 26, 2015, 2:08 AM

Watson is not Boyd plus we have a crapload of RB's who should be carrying the rock. They will find out how dumb this idea is when Watson gets hurt again and our only viable back-up is lighting it up for Ole Miss.

Ax's Michael Vick how the Running plan worked out ie broke

Sep 26, 2015, 5:39 AM

ribs etc.

Big difference

Sep 26, 2015, 8:14 AM

Vick had to run at pro level cause he could not be effective just standing in the pocket. DeShaun is a pass first QB who just happens to be able to run.

Deon Cain and Trevion Thompson

Sep 26, 2015, 7:58 AM

would love to see Thompson and Cain become more involved in the offense as well.

Re: Deon Cain and Trevion Thompson

Sep 26, 2015, 8:03 AM

I think you have to give Thompson, Cain, Renfro, and Mccloud the touches moving forward out of necessity. All have play making ability.How many wideouts will wr take this cycle?

Charone Peake

Sep 26, 2015, 9:22 PM

Not sure why...
But I was really disappointed at how Peake was literally non-existent
against Louisville.

Is he still modivated?

Agree

Sep 26, 2015, 10:02 AM

Somethings missing with Peake and we need someone to stretch a D. Hoping Freshmen can grow up fast.

Re: Charone Peake

Sep 28, 2015, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Charone Peake ]

Is he healthy?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 26, 2015, 8:12 AM

Me knee felt great. Me little pot of gold***

Sep 26, 2015, 8:17 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Just love all of the coaches that come in here...

Sep 26, 2015, 8:56 AM

smh.

Re: Just love all of the coaches that come in here...

Sep 26, 2015, 9:17 AM

Yeah, me too. Dw4 is a running and passing qb. That's what he does. That's why he was recruited. You can't play this game scared. A qb that can run adds a whole different dimension to the offense. You have an extra blocker on designed qb run plays. For our offense to be 100% effective, you have to have the qb run game in it. People love to say "we have plenty of rbs to run the ball", but no matter how many we have or how good our rbs are, if you don't have a qb run game the defense has less to defend. Thus making it easier to defend our offense.

^^^ Gets it ^^^

Sep 26, 2015, 9:33 AM

:)

This guy gets it.

Sep 27, 2015, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Just love all of the coaches that come in here... ]

Point.

Re: Just love all of the coaches that come in here...

Sep 28, 2015, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Just love all of the coaches that come in here... ]

I agree with you. Perhaps we should stop throwing the ball because our wide receivers might get hurt. Or stop blocking because our offensive linemen might tweak a knee. I've got an idea. Let's ask the NCAA if we can play touch football. But you know, I remember seeing guys get hurt playing touch. Pain and hurt just come with the game. So does losing if you don't go all out. Go Tigers!

How dare they have opinions that might not be in total

Sep 26, 2015, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Just love all of the coaches that come in here... ]

agreement with all the decisions made by Clemson coaches!

How To Get Hurt

Sep 26, 2015, 9:35 AM

One big way to get hurt in a hurry is to get a guy thinking too much about it. You play football wide open. If you let up, wince up, or try to ease up you increase your injury chances exponentially. I'm not saying call a ton of designed runs up the middle, but don't tell the kid to get down or slide all the time. He needs to let it rip and play with confidence. Watson has put his time in the weight room. It's his time to shine!

Re: How To Get Hurt

Sep 26, 2015, 10:48 AM

Nothing keeps a defense more on it's heels than a qb who can tuck the ball and run. Do it a few times, and it will open up all sorts of opportunities as defenders pull off receivers to try to crush dw4 and get burned when he floats it over a defender to a wide open receiver.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic