Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris takes responsibility for play of offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris takes responsibility for play of offense

Nov 20, 2011, 10:51 AM

Morris takes responsibility for play of offense

The high-flying offense of first-year coordinator Chad Morris has hit a turnover roadblock over the past three weeks and failed to find endzone until late this past Saturday and Morris said he takes full responsibility. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris = captain obvious, offensive genius my ####***

Nov 20, 2011, 11:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Morris = captain obvious, offensive genius my ####***

Nov 20, 2011, 11:02 AM

Where were you the first 8 games?

He was unhappy....we were winning.

Nov 20, 2011, 11:16 AM

Can't ##### about coaches when they are winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Re: Morris = captain obvious, offensive genius my ####***

Nov 20, 2011, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Morris = captain obvious, offensive genius my ####*** ]

FU T-COCK/COOK!!! Get that cootcock out your mouth so we can understand you!!! You were ok though, when it was in your #### as you call it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so tired of hearing it was my fault or I will fix it

Nov 20, 2011, 11:00 AM

from Clemson coaches. Just do it and we will know it's been corrected. Talk is cheap whether you are excusing why you lost or promising to make corrections. Just do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...he has to say something...

Nov 20, 2011, 11:15 AM

He can't just say, "No comment".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Saying "no comment"

Nov 20, 2011, 11:21 AM

would turn into a big #### storm.

Of course he has to say something but

Nov 20, 2011, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Well...he has to say something... ]

there are some coaches that have been saying the same thing for years. How about, "There is nothing that I can say that will change the fact we were embarrassed or lead our fans to believe things will be better next outing. All I can say is our actions on the field need to do the talking and that is what we are committed to doing."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right

Nov 20, 2011, 12:04 PM

he should have something drafted and thought out ahead of time so that it is ready to go 5 minutes after the game

LOL That would go over well. NOT***

Nov 20, 2011, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Of course he has to say something but ]

Re: Well...he has to say something...

Nov 20, 2011, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Well...he has to say something... ]

How bout something like, "The biggest reason we lost is our o-line and backs simply got manhandled because 1). We played soft, 2). We missed assignments all night." The next sentence should be something like, "To correct those mistakes, we will be doing the following things in practice next week; (list of corrective actions) ...". "And we won't allow them to board the bus to Columbia unless we're certain they won't be making those same mistakes again."

Steele's statement would be very similar, simply replace o-line w/ d-line.

Bottom line is we want to know what's being done to fix it.

Yeah list what we will be doing in practice next week.

Nov 20, 2011, 7:25 PM

That's quality advice right there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's only sunday

Nov 20, 2011, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I'm so tired of hearing it was my fault or I will fix it ]

What else is he supposed to do? Schedule a game tomorrow & see if we're better?

Would you prefer "We got who we got" like Reggie Herring?***

Nov 20, 2011, 12:43 PM [ in reply to I'm so tired of hearing it was my fault or I will fix it ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm so tired of hearing it was my fault or I will fix it

Nov 20, 2011, 8:20 PM [ in reply to I'm so tired of hearing it was my fault or I will fix it ]

Do you expect them to cancel the media interviews? What do you want them to say? That's rhetorical and an honest question? So, what do you want him to say?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would certainly hope so***

Nov 20, 2011, 11:09 AM

nm

Then FIX it.....this week would be a good time........***

Nov 20, 2011, 11:15 AM

Re: Then FIX it.....this week would be a good time........***

Nov 20, 2011, 12:02 PM

I agree. I dont mind if they say "I'll fix it" if they actually do "fix it" but some coaches (namely Kevin Steele) have been saying that for weeks and it's the same thing on the field week after week..

Talk is cheap

Re: Then FIX it.....this week would be a good time........***

Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM

Of course we have on tigernet the best coaches in the world who have all the answers; but seriously, how many of you would like to have your career determined by the actions of 85 18-22 year olds???

It just looks like GT, WF, and State knew what was coming...

Nov 20, 2011, 12:07 PM

they were jumping routes, reading the runs and always in position to make plays. Kinda seems that these teams have had a pretty good idea of what was coming. Maybe the "O" had been figured out.

And then the "D"....laughable. GT looked awful before they played us and once the tigers came to town GT looked like world beaters and the same with State...their "O" has looked awful all season...until...the tigers came to town. Good luck coaches...yall have a lot of work to do before this weekend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It just looks like GT, WF, and State knew what was coming...

Nov 20, 2011, 12:49 PM

great post!!! my thoughts exactly! hopefully some of the coaches will read this and get a clue to change things up.....this is coming from a former player and graduate of CU.......fed up right now with the talent we have but the lack of coaching the last few weeks....umm coaches, don't you think after the GT and wake game other teams we gotta play will get game film and do same things/reads on dfense.....do your jobs!!

While I do agree, I also recall Morris saying early on that

Nov 20, 2011, 2:11 PM [ in reply to It just looks like GT, WF, and State knew what was coming... ]

he wanted us to do what we do VERY well, even if it's just 3 plays. He said the other team may know what we're about to do, but we need to do it better than they can defend.

So, I guess there's some truth in both things: Execute perfectly...AND play chess as much as possible.

Re: While I do agree, I also recall Morris saying early on that

Nov 20, 2011, 2:44 PM

Morris better start believing this is major BCS football.....no more we run 3 plays very well..bs. This is not Tulsa or highschool football in Texas. Coaches actually study film nowadays. Also, maybe the coaches and players need less interviews telling our entire scheme of offense. I mean we have Boyd and Watkins each weak telling reporters who our #1 checkdown reciever is, #2 guy, etc...... every DB in the nation knows where Boyds eyes are now....

Re: While I do agree, I also recall Morris saying early on that

Nov 20, 2011, 11:56 PM

Shut tha FK up coot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teams watch film figure us out. Need to change it up I guess***

Nov 20, 2011, 4:03 PM [ in reply to It just looks like GT, WF, and State knew what was coming... ]

Re: Front Page Story: Morris takes responsibility for play of offense

Nov 20, 2011, 12:59 PM

Maybe we should change up the hurry up offense to regrouping in the huddle and making sure everyone knows where to be? Just a thought!

Nov 20, 2011, 1:07 PM

especially when Bellamy comes in on his 3 promised plays by Dabo each game.

Nov 20, 2011, 1:08 PM

you people are ridiculous the players and coaches want to win you want them to say something but when they do it's not what you want them to say what we as fans have to do and can only do is to support this team in good times and bad time i am sure the 9 teams we have beat can't believe we beat them after the way we look yesterday but go tigers is all i have to say and i hate losing but that is life we win and lose each day

Mostly attitudinal, but loss of Price hurt more than Watkins

Nov 20, 2011, 1:10 PM

The attitude of the whole team seemed lackadaisical.

But as Tommy Bowden never seemed to figure out, all the skill players in the world don't mean dip if you don't have an offensive line to run-block and pass-block. Coming into this season I think we all knew that Clemson's OL was marginal and thin, and that even one injury on the OL could be devastating-- especially if it came at left tackle. It did. (That's why I was so relieved that Cloy changed his mind and decided to come back this season.) Agaisnt NCSU, the run blocking was marginal, as it has been most of the season. Tajh got sacked and harassed all afternoon. He seldom had the time that a QB of his caliber needs.

The bad news is that the OL isn't likely to get better before SCar or the ACCCG. And with OTs Price, Walker, & Smith graduating, It's unlikely that the OL will be better next season (at least early on) unless some of the younger guys really step it up.

It all starts with the guys up front. That's one of the key things always separates Clemson from the top tier in the nation.

Re: OL recruiting

Nov 20, 2011, 1:18 PM

Should we put OL as half of the schollies for a couple of years??

Re: OL recruiting

Nov 20, 2011, 1:44 PM

What we are bringing in this year aint gonna cut it...destaf__o- overrated, Le--on prep school, Big Oliver major knee injury and IS not what he was, ....we let a couple we were recruiting go elsewhere when we got these...I have little faith in the short term on OL...next year with thomas, webster, and timothy and only one has ANY experience????????????????????

Quality & quantity. Look at our OL recruits vs. LSU's.

Nov 20, 2011, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: OL recruiting ]

As an example, go to Rivals.com and look at Clemson's OL recruits and LSU's since 2008. Clemson has a few 4-star OL recruits playing now (almost all about to graduate). The rest are 2-star & 3-star recruits. LSU has year after year of 4-star OL recruits (and even a 5-star recruit).

Yes, I know. That's LSU-- one of the most talented teams in the land with one of the best OLs. I'm just saying that Clemson won't be in that tier of football unless Clemson recruits that tier of OL.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/football/recruiting/commitments/2008/louisianastate-76

Re: I remember the days...

Nov 20, 2011, 2:36 PM

When Danny would go into NJ, and the North East and get the OL. Remember sitting in DV watching them rotate in and out all game long.

Ford emphasized line, toughness. Bowden/Dabo skill, finesse***

Nov 20, 2011, 3:54 PM

Re: Quality & quantity. Look at our OL recruits vs. LSU's.

Nov 20, 2011, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Quality & quantity. Look at our OL recruits vs. LSU's. ]

i think this is the only post you have ever made (and i've seen your posts on the charlotte observer,also) that i totally agree with.fortunately,we have some heralded OL recruits committed,and hopefully, we can change that glaring weakness.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well we attempted to run...

Nov 20, 2011, 1:22 PM

Teams are dropping 8 and our OL still can't block. Tajh's jersey was green by halftime. Not sure its line coaching or just the fact our line isn't that good. That's where the problems start.

Re: Well we attempted to run...

Nov 20, 2011, 1:36 PM

Could not agree more. I believe the entire loss lies with the OL. The D had their backs to the wall and simply got worn out. We all know we have to win with O this yr, and if they can't get it done, we are toast.

The OL didn't just fail to establish a running game, but could not even protect Boyd. And have our RBs forgotten that you are allowed to run North/South occasionally? Although with the OL performing as they did, South would have been the safest option.

Re: Well we attempted to run...

Nov 20, 2011, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Well we attempted to run... ]

We are one of the biggest, if not the biggest O-Lines in the ACC alone. One of the more veteran groups in the ACC on the O-Line...offensive linemen should love to do more run block schemes but our team is just way too soft. Plus not having Price in there hurt alot, but we can't be a one dimensional team...

To me, it reads like he's just blaming the players.

Nov 20, 2011, 2:17 PM

- He points out that turnovers are killing us, yet says they haven't changed anything in practice when it comes to ball security. So he hasn't changed anything to address the problem, but he says it's a big problem. So he's either blaming the players or admitting that he's not a good coach.

- He then goes on to say that we're not executing. It's not possible that our playcalling is crap, no, no, the players just aren't executing. You know, calling an inside reverse where a freshman WR hands the ball to a freshman RB while both are running at full speed, that's not a problem at all, they just should have executed it..... ugh

- In the beginning of the article, he says there is a confidence problem, but at the end he said that he is confident. So here again, it must be the players that have the problem, not the coaches.

Whether or not Morris' points are valid is a different issue. The issue here is that clearly Morris is still putting the blame on the players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good observation...

Nov 20, 2011, 2:21 PM

I did'nt catch that on the first read. What a subtle, between the lines deflection of blame.

Re: To me, it reads like he's just blaming the players.

Nov 21, 2011, 10:50 AM [ in reply to To me, it reads like he's just blaming the players. ]

Wasn't Morris the best O coach in the country just a few weeks ago. Time toget out the check book and all that crap. I don't really think any of us really see the coaching as a problem. Morris still as good as advertized. Personally, I honestly think all these mistakes fall directly on our players. The same ones that believed they couldn't get beat up to the 9th game. GT hurt their pride. NOW, they are tring to hard to be better than they really are. Actions have always spoken much louder than words. They just need to get back to those first 5 games mentality along with, we can show you better than we can tell attitude... Nothing is broken, nothing needs fixing. The guys just need to get back to playing the way they were the first 5/6 games. All will be fine if they stop tring to fix what isn't broken.

Nov 20, 2011, 3:22 PM

Do something about it, saying your going to change or work on it is getting lame, going is almost gone

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he gonna take responsibility for the loss to USuC?

Nov 20, 2011, 6:25 PM

Cause it's gonna get ugly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Has anyone besides me noticed that

Nov 20, 2011, 7:00 PM

Tahj doesn't look at more than one receiver on 90% of our pass plays over the last three games? I realize that he doesn't have much time to look at anyone given our OL performance but there have been some open receivers not spotted because they weren't even looked at.

Re: Here's the way to fix it.

Nov 20, 2011, 7:26 PM

Here's what you do Morris. It's not that they played harder than us, even though they did. It's not that were hurting on the O-line, even though we are. It's that the foundation of our offense is gone. We are predicated on misdirection and forcing people out of position by making them stay honest. 6 inch steps can put a linebacker completely out of position. Here's the fix. Jet sweep fake/gives. When you have 4.3 speed running across the field at full go, it forces linebackers and/or safetys/and or DE's to either 1. Stay put, or 2. Cheat. Either one spells doom. Last 3 games = 0 jet sweep, serious misdirection plays. (at least every play that I've seen) Last 3 games = Crap. Solved.

Re: Here's the way to fix it.

Nov 20, 2011, 10:54 PM

Everything you said with one major addition. Although Dabo said the culture is changing (Toughness), it really has not changed! These guys are soft (especially the Offensive Guards. In fact, the entire Offensive Line plays consistently high. To show considerable improvement, they must play with a lower pad level. If you watch them consistently, they stand straight up and attempt to play "Paddy Cake" with the DL. Additionally, the tackling on Defense has been, and is, HORRENDOUS! Awful fundamentals with poor angles taken!

Clemson needs to be a cut throat offense!!!

Nov 20, 2011, 10:09 PM

Ok, what I've been seeing lately, basically all season long, is that we play WAAAAY too conservative on the offensive side of the ball. I'm getting very sick of being the "come from behind" team...why cant we put 24+ points on the board in the first half...IN THE ACC???? We need to come out of the first offensive huddle with fire. I love Morris and the whole staff but I mean really? We need to be cut throat in all aspects of the game, we cannot let up and play conservative until the 3rd quarter, that's just not gonna work. I was highly disappointed. BUT at the same time, i didnt see us winning 9+ games this season (just like the majority of Tiger Nation) but yet and still, that was an embarassing loss. We need to be relentless and nasty on offense. We have no reason why we shouldn't be on that level.

Re: For a moment, I thought I was reading a quote from Tommy

Nov 20, 2011, 11:08 PM

West. "I thought we had a great week of practice". TW used to always say that in his postgame comments after losing by 28-35 pts!

Nov 21, 2011, 5:53 AM

Sometimes I long for the days of the true triple option. None of this razzle dazzle stuff. Just beat em with solid reliable man up football. 3.5 yards a carry is unstoppable.

Nov 21, 2011, 6:42 AM

Turnovers hurt bad.... I notice that Boyd locks on his receivers big time. That head needs to move. I know I might get blasted, but put deal at left tackle. He is tough and strong. Let him block!! He can pick it up and I bet he would do a good job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic