Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson LHP to sign with pro team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson LHP to sign with pro team

Jun 7, 2018, 9:28 AM

Clemson LHP to sign with pro team

Clemson redshirt sophomore left-hander Jake Higginbotham will sign with the Atlanta Braves, Clemson coach Monte Lee said in a press conference this morning. Hig Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The young man has to do with he thinks is best, but...

Jun 7, 2018, 9:34 AM

the 11th round and the 322nd overall pick which may equate to a $5,000 signing bonus?

Apparently he doesn't think another year playing at the collegiate level will improve that very much, if any.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The young man has to do with he thinks is best, but...

Jun 7, 2018, 9:53 AM

He will get much more than that. The 11th round, after teams have the night to regroup and talk bonuses with their first 10 picks, is where you usually can offer a guy more money. You can offer up to $100,000 without it counting against your bonus pool. You can offer a guy after round 10 more but it counts against your total number. Higgy, with the leverage he has in coming back to school, likely received a 6 digit bonus.

Jun 7, 2018, 9:55 AM

They raised it from 100 to 125 this year.

Jun 7, 2018, 1:05 PM

Still seems a paltry sum to leave college early for, unless he just doesn't think he will improve next year.

Jun 7, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to The young man has to do with he thinks is best, but... ]

This is a misunderstanding of the MLB draft. The slot for the 304th pick is $138,400. He can get up to $125,000 (and will probably get close to that) for being picked 322nd. If he stays he may get less even if he gets drafted higher because he loses leverage and teams see him as "sign cheap, spread bonus pool money" type player.

Jun 7, 2018, 10:50 AM

This is the biggest reason that for me, college sports is the best of sports in the world for me. Pro teams is all about getting the best players for as little as they can. But when a player proves without a doubt they were a steal for the team, the contracts stay the same for as long as the pros can keep them. Pro sports is without a doubt, I want all you have, and I want it for cheap cheap cheap regardless of what you maybe worth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic