Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ultimate doomsday scenario for SEC homers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

The ultimate doomsday scenario for SEC homers

Nov 10, 2019, 9:17 PM

Clemson wins the ACC - (13-0)
Minnesota wins the Big 10 - (13-0)
Utah wins the Pac 12 - (12-1)
Baylor wins the big 10 - (13-0)
Georgia wins the SEC - (12-1 or 11-2)

If Georgia were a 2 loss team, it would leave the SEC empty handed and the SEC homer's would die in droves. Thats if the committee does value the conference championship as they stated. A one loss Georgia would beat out a one loss Utah.

This isn't likely to happen, but it's amusing to talk about. Though I do feel that Minnesota could run the table and they could upset Ohio St.

I'm not high on Oklahoma, but I'm not high on Baylor either. I would love to see this scenario play out. This would be hilarious imo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ultimate doomsday scenario for SEC homers

Nov 10, 2019, 9:19 PM

Would be fun to see, but I think Minnesota comes crashing down to earth this week at Iowa.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 9:27 PM

That's the most concerning game left on Minnesota's regular season schedule. If they can get past Iowa with a win, then I think they roll through Wisconsin and get OSU in the championship game. This weekend will be huge for Minnesota.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:21 PM

The ULTIMATE would be A&M to upset LSU, Auburn take out Bama and UGa, UGa still would go to SEC and then Dawgs beat LSU. All with two losses. The SEC may disband.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:23 PM

This scenario would leave SEC lovers in the fetal position until next season. I could really get behind this scenario.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:33 PM

"Fetal position" kind of like what 44-16 did to'em??

ST

And they will argue forever, their 2 loss champ should still

Nov 10, 2019, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The ultimate doomsday scenario for SEC homers ]

get in the CFP, even over an undefeated team!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The ultimate doomsday scenario for SEC homers ]

That probably would require a rethinking of the way the the committee chooses who plays. After all, it wouldn't be right if they didn't have a team in the mix. That would require a "do-over".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 9:27 PM

This scenario would lead to 1 CLEMSON, and then MINNESOTA, BAYLOR, and LSU (if UGA 2-loss)/UGA (if they run the table)

Nov 10, 2019, 9:34 PM

The scenario is really dependent on the CFP committee sticking to their preset standards. They have a list that they are supposedly going by this year in order to make sure the top 4 teams are right. A team winning their conference championship game is on that list.

In that scenario, LSU would be 12-1 without an SEC championship. They would be left out if the committee sticks to their guns. But, it's the SEC....so...you might be right.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:40 PM

Actually he said that LSU would lose to both TAMU and UGA. So the SEC wouldn’t have a team with 1 loss. All Bama, LEU, And Georgia would have 2 losses with Georgia winning the conference. Left out. ??????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That situation almost happened in 2015 if you remember

Nov 10, 2019, 9:41 PM

Late in the regular season, Alabama was the only SEC
team with less than 2 losses but had lost to Ole Miss
and would not have made the SECCG if Arkansas had not
converted a 4th and 25 and beaten Ole Miss in OT. So
Arkansas ruined the SEC doomsday scenario that year,
but the committee might have put Bama in the playoffs
anyway like they did a couple years later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That situation almost happened in 2015 if you remember

Nov 10, 2019, 9:53 PM

It's almost like they are afraid they will be punished by someone if they don't have a team in the mix.

The ultimate doomsday scenario...

Nov 10, 2019, 9:43 PM

...is LSU having to face Clemson in the first round in Atlanta.

History repeats itself.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:51 PM

Any scenario that leaves an secheat team out, as much favoritism as has been shown them, would be poetic justice. Doubt they would leave out one of the "favorite sons", but it would be fun to watch, especially in the biased area where I live.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic