Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The truth: KB has reached his ceiling. TL has only started
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

The truth: KB has reached his ceiling. TL has only started

Sep 1, 2018, 6:08 PM

and it's glaringly obvious that his ceiling is going to be higher than KB's. It is what it is.

Sorry, JHop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: The truth: KB has reached his ceiling. TL has only started

Sep 1, 2018, 6:12 PM

Agreed, some of the throws TL made today made me say "now that's a quarterback". But, this was against Furman, and while I have no doubt Lawrence could perform well next week Kelly will be seeing the field a lot for his leadership and running.

It is just plays like on the first drive where Kelly threw it at the receivers feet on an easy first down, and the amount of float on some of his screen passes that make me realize Lawrence will be taking over his spot at some point this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 6:15 PM

It's not just that. Defenses load the box and dare KB to throw. They won't do that against TL--we saw that today. Furman safeties dropped into coverage when TL was in the game and the running game magically came alive. Also, KB was still slow to make reads today and he was flat out slow on screen plays--which killed us against Bama---I was a little surprised as I was under the impression he'd improved in this area in the offseason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 1, 2018, 6:14 PM

Yep. It was obvious in the spring game. A lot more goes into starting and being a leader than talent though. Leadership and having the respect of your peers is the most important factor here and if TL continues to run the offense better he will have it. Right now I have to trust the coaches’ decision.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 6:16 PM

KB will start at TAMU and staff will ease TL into the game. Will be interesting to watch how it unfolds.

Screw Calford.

One has went into a hostile enviroment

Sep 1, 2018, 6:17 PM

like we'll be in Saturday Night and WON,the other has played against Furman LOL

TL's ceiling is high indeed,this is KB's team for the time being. Might change next week or any week after that.

Meanwhile KB2 is now 13-2.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One has went into a hostile enviroment

Sep 1, 2018, 6:19 PM

I always say play the best team you can. If we go off the fact that TL has never played in a hostile environment he should just sit all 4 years, gotta start somewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic