Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all of Bobby Bowden's hard work to give some character
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,133

For all of Bobby Bowden's hard work to give some character

May 20, 2015, 1:02 PM

to FSU , then in comes Jimbo Fisher with his cast of clowns. Famous James among them as well as many others have reduced FSU to a win at any cost school. And JF seems to relish in the fact his stars are common thugs. I wonder if character even comes up during recruiting. It's like dancing with the devil as long as you can until you get caught

I was always told to be careful on how you get to the top because the fall is that much harder when you hit bottom. IMO FSU will be on NCAA probation within the next 5 years.

I would rather take more time to reach the top doing things Dabo's way! Go Tigers! CU where character matters!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for that post!!!!!

May 20, 2015, 1:05 PM

Well said points....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all of Bobby Bowden's hard work to give some character

I dont think Booby gave them any character. He spoke at FCA alot and tried to act like he was saintly but he was as dirty and scummy as Jimbo. Peter Warrick, lavernius Coles, and a long list of miscreants. Almsot never kicked anyone other than coles off even after many offenses

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed***

May 20, 2015, 1:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: For all of Bobby Bowden's hard work to give some character

Bobby Bowden Character?????????????????? WOW

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probation ain't what it use to be so

May 20, 2015, 1:07 PM

getting caught is not a big deal to some programs

huh? Bowden's teams had arguably LESS character

May 20, 2015, 1:10 PM

Than Jimbo's teams if you take Winston out of the equation. All through the late 80's into the early 2000's Bowden's teams were loaded with off the field crap year after year. He was the biggest snake oil salesman of them all in terms of his image and what was really going down inside a program. FSU has been a garbage program in terms of character since Bowden and remains one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The trick is to find both. A good athlete without character

May 20, 2015, 1:15 PM

may put your team/program in trouble. A person with good character but little athletic ability could cost your team/program wins and and any traction.

What you are looking for is a balance between the 2-must be a good athlete with a good character.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Re: The trick is to find both. A good athlete without character

May 20, 2015, 1:54 PM

which one were you athomas when you were playing!!!!!!!!! lmao!!!!

regardless of how AThomas was when he was

May 20, 2015, 2:05 PM

playing, it had to have been several galaxies better than that parade of miscreants, thugs and criminals at usuck

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't care what anyone else says

May 20, 2015, 1:18 PM

I'll always have more respect for Saint Bobby' s "Ah shucks boys will be boys, we'll punish them internally,not gonna punish myself,staff and team because other boys don't know how to behave" attitude over Jimbo's "these are upstanding young men and the whole world's against(wrong) because we're successful" BS. 2 different worlds right there.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,133
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic