Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The total and unequivocal lack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

The total and unequivocal lack

Dec 12, 2015, 9:43 PM

Of respect shown for Clemson is the only logical explanation for Deshaun Watson not only not winning but finishing in a distant 3rd. I stated in an earlier post that all three were deserving young men and I still believe that but facts are facts. Simply put, if Deshaun wore Alabama Crimson and not Clemson orange he'd be bringing home the trophy. Laugh, scoff and hurl insults my way but I am appalled at how much CFB hates Clemson. We could win 10 NC and it still wouldn't matter, we are the preverbial turd in the punch bowl and nothing we can do to change that ever! I'm sad for this fine young man, he certianly deserved this award. As far as I am concerned the Heisman is only about money and influence peddling, ther isn't anything outstanding about this award, it's a sham! Flame away, I'm to sad to care.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The total and unequivocal lack

Dec 12, 2015, 9:49 PM

I have been saying for weeks if Watson played for Alabama or most any other SEC school he would have won going away.
If you look at the regional voting, it is obvious that school name recognition played a big part in the vote.

My Friend, I'll take being the proverbial turd in the

Dec 12, 2015, 10:16 PM

punchbowl any day of the week as long as National Champion is our primary moniker.

However, Clemson has been ranked Numero Uno for several weeks, not only by the CFP Committee, but also by both the AP and Coaches' Polls. Someone somewhere must not consider us too harshly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. It's about winning, not being liked.***

Dec 13, 2015, 9:16 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2015, 10:21 PM

we've been #1 in the polls EVERY week the committee has voted, have a Heisman trophy candidate, Davey O'Brien winner, and National Coach of the Year.

So I ask, what are you talking about?

This will work itself out in 5 weeks

"...but I want it NOW !!!"***

Dec 13, 2015, 1:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "...but I want it NOW !!!"***

Dec 13, 2015, 1:49 AM

you, me and veruca salt.

Dec 13, 2015, 1:10 AM

Stop whining.

You can't make us! Na na na na boo boo.....

Dec 13, 2015, 1:37 AM

stick your head..... ;) Sorry, that was too easy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 2:18 AM

CBS Sports is the main reason for the Heisman. They pretty much televised every Alabama game (except the money games). The announcers completing kissed Henry's ### even when he literally jogged through a hole that you could drive a truck through. CBS has been saying "The Soon to be Heisman" winner for Henry.

I bet Gallman would have ran for around the same amount of yardage if he played for Alabama and got the same carries with that OL (which apparently they don't call holding on).

The Heisman just to be given to the best player in the country. In recent years it has been given to the best player (well at a skill position) on one of the best teams.

The thing is that Watson means more to our offense than any other player on any other team. He was averaging over 100 yards rushing and 300 yards passing during the final stretch of the season;

If we did not have Watson, we probably would have lost at least 2 games and probably not even make it to the ACC Championship game.

If Alabama doesn't have Henry, they probably plug in the next back and does not have that much of a drop off.

Watson just needs to play his best for 2 games in a row and then he will take home the best reward in college football and be on the only 15-0 team in the history 9of college football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 2:29 AM

Serious question, how much do yall think this effects our recruiting of RBs? If you go to Bama, get yards, play in the system, you win a Heisman. If you go to Clemson, you're going to be a role player on a team where the QB is a 1000 yard rusher. Do yall think that effects us?

Obviously we got CJ and Davis but I wonder.

Apparently not. We have the #1RB recruit for next year.***

Dec 13, 2015, 4:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently not. We have the #1RB recruit for next year.***

Dec 13, 2015, 5:28 AM

He didn't deserve to win. If Clemson wasn't undefeated he wouldn't have been invited. Henry broke the single season rushing record in the sec. That deserves the trophy. Not a 79 pct completion rate throwing bubble screens and having 10 interceptions.

First off, my reply was to the post above. Secondly, F off.***

Dec 13, 2015, 6:36 AM

Dec 13, 2015, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Apparently not. We have the #1RB recruit for next year.*** ]

Coot , shouldn't you be helping the MostChump land this cycles remaining 2? recoots ?
Isn't that more important than spending your lunchbreak interhatin' on big brother's site ?

DB23

Dec 13, 2015, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Apparently not. We have the #1RB recruit for next year.*** ]

What a dumba$$ response. Sometimes, its better to be THOUGHT an idiot than open your mouth and prove it. Henry got the best RB in the nation award. It should have ended right there. Watson is by FAR the better player. He was asked to do a LOT more than Henry. Henry? Here, take the ball and run. Run till they knock you down. Its amazing the bias shown towards the $ec and its not even funny. NO ONE was more deserving than Watson. Thats my view and Im sticking to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 2:45 AM [ in reply to Re: The total and unequivocal lack ]

You could see the hurt in his eyes when they gave those polling stats. It's like a slap in the face and i hope Dabo drills that home to the rest of the players about the lack of respect they gave Clemson and Deshaun.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Raycom could have countered CBS & ESPN by pumping

Dec 13, 2015, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: The total and unequivocal lack ]

Watson, but they let us down. I wonder how much Swofford Jr's pockets got greased by ESPN just to keep Raycom quiet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 13, 2015, 5:33 AM

I don't think many people hate Clemson . Most people have a sort of malaise when it comes to the Tigers .
I bet a lot of the voters couldn't even tell you what state the university calls home .
It just seems that we are one of those programs that needs the long , sustained success like we saw under Ford and that we are currently experiencing under Dabo Swinney to make certain that the brand is respectively received by those who have a say .

DB23

Hey bro

Dec 13, 2015, 8:48 AM

We are #1 in the nation. Have been since the poll came out. #4 is a great player but so is Henry. Clemson is not Ohio State or Alabama or Notre Dame or Michigan. Those are big state schools with limitless money and hundreds of thousands of alumni. The fact that we are a University of 22,000 and we are competing with the big boys in this sport is nothing short of amazing. ESPN caters to their audience and there are a lot more of them then there are of us. I can sit in my living room and watch every single Clemson game if I want to and most of them are on ESPN. Lets get a little perspective here and quit playing the victim. We have nothing to complain about. Go win a Natty.

Dec 13, 2015, 9:43 AM

Haha. Wow! This coming from the same person who said pollack spewed venom and hate towards Clemson because he picked UNC to win.

Facepalm!

Oh, it's you lexicoot

Dec 13, 2015, 10:25 AM

What are you reading my post and not out celebrating your newly hired football coach? I bet not only do you have a mancrush on David Pollack but on your new guy, Will Muschamp! Enjoy your Sunday and celebrate your new Heisman winner, Derrick Henry.

Agree with you on Heisman until somebody wins I like***

Dec 13, 2015, 9:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 10:04 AM

You 'lack of respect' people crack me up. I don't care which team board you visit, there are a group of folks saying the same things. There's even a conspiracy crowd on the Bama board. It really is comical. Just relax and quit worrying about these things...you'll be a lot happier.

Dec 13, 2015, 10:20 AM

I will say this ,. I don't think many voters paid any thought to Nick Saban running Henry 46 carries .,

If that had been Mark Richt running Chubb 46 times and blew out a knee ,. they would be
calling for his head ,.,

Remember when the Coots ran Lattimore right in to the hospital .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 11:00 AM

Nick Saban never met a player he couldn't exploit for his own gain. I don't care for the guy at all.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic