Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Exactly what is "sideline interference"?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Exactly what is "sideline interference"?

Jan 4, 2014, 3:04 PM

We got flagged for it twice last night.1st was for 5yds, 2nd for 15.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: Exactly what is "sideline interference"?

Jan 4, 2014, 3:05 PM

I believe it is leaving the defined "coaching" box on your sideline.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2014, 3:23 PM

Funy thing is I noticed Urban left the coaching box at least twice during the game.
Guess the refs didn't see those.

Didn't we get called for it 3 times? The first when Vick

Jan 4, 2014, 3:06 PM

did his non-existent throat slash, the third when the players gave Dabo a Gatorade bath, and the second was some time in the middle, can't remember.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think Venables was on the field at one time during a

Jan 4, 2014, 3:09 PM

play. One of the OSU players had a big chunk of his arm bitten.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

BV wasn't biting, he was nut cuttin'

Jan 4, 2014, 3:11 PM

Big difference

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Step away from The Venables.***

Jan 4, 2014, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Pretty sure the third was for a player being on the field with no helmet during the Gatorade bath.***

Jan 4, 2014, 3:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 4, 2014, 3:11 PM

T/V showed the second one but I did not see any problem!! IMHO that was ALMOST as bad a call as that BS one on Beasley
on his first sack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe Venables got in the way of an official running

Jan 4, 2014, 3:12 PM

down the sideline. If an official so much as touching a coach/player, it is a flag. First offense is 5 yrds but a warning is usually given. Second time is 15 yrds I believe.

They never showed a clear shot of the sideline interference but at the top of the screen you can see Venables practically on the field...which, knowing him, isn't hard to believe...

If the ref flagged BV, that zebra is lucky he didn't

Jan 4, 2014, 3:13 PM

get choke slammed

Venables would have been picking his teeth with ref bones...

Jan 4, 2014, 3:19 PM

It's an obscure rule the refs dig out

Jan 4, 2014, 3:25 PM

When the team they bet on needs a first down

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

actually its used more

Jan 4, 2014, 3:50 PM

when the official isnt quite getting along with the coaches on their sideline and wants to send a message to them. its about the only power move they can use on them. Very rare to call it, much less twice. I only call it if I have warned the coaches and they actually physically impede me during a play. I understand it at the high school level for safety concerns for players, officials, and coaches, but the college level is silly to call it at all. That official must have really disliked our coaches.

IMHO we had a coach or two giving the refs an earful and

Jan 4, 2014, 3:26 PM

they got tired of it and found a way to penalize the Tigers for being in the way on the sideline. This ref crew was horrible!

i think the refs said something about their

Jan 4, 2014, 3:27 PM

va jay jays painin'

The timing also was terrible

Jan 4, 2014, 3:30 PM

The refs can probably call that on almost any play as I'm sure someone is in the do not step zone all game long. Calling it after a big stop is essentially giving one team an unearned turnover. We had three that one, the Beasley call and the call on roughing the OSU QB. All were questionable and caused a possession change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The timing also was terrible

Jan 4, 2014, 3:47 PM

The only time I have seen this called in football is after a warning has been given and the official runs into someone in the reserved area. I didn't see any replay showing this but feel confident a flag wasn't dropped for stepping over the line there must have been contact. The game was called tight but most replays showed the correct call was made. Need to be glad they didn't review the last interception. I don't think it would have been overturned but it was closer than I thought when seeing it live.

It's the former Big East getting revenge on the ACC!

Jan 4, 2014, 3:33 PM

Awful officiating!!! And clearly one sided.

reserved for cheerleading coaches evidently ....

Jan 4, 2014, 3:33 PM

you know, the ones who actually voice some encouragment to their players instead of slamming clipboards, getting negative, and drinking heavily...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic