Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The thought of #28 entering portal is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

The thought of #28 entering portal is

May 10, 2019, 11:58 AM

Ridiculous. Be loyal, you were bestowed an honor with that jersey.

I like and root for Feaster. But, c’mon man!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The thought of #28 entering portal is

May 10, 2019, 12:02 PM

4 days later

May 10, 2019, 12:06 PM

Hard to imagine what Feaster hopes to gain from transferring from Clemson. He stays here in the RB rotation, he's a lock for the NFL.

I don't find it hard to imagine

May 10, 2019, 12:12 PM

He wants playing time and to be a featured back in the hopes of bolstering his NFL stock.

Maybe he gets it, maybe he doesn't, but it's not hard to understand the reasoning behind it.

And he'll be a graduate of Clemson who came here and helped us to two NC's in 3 consecutive playoff births... I find it odd we wouldn't just shake his hand and wish him well wherever he may land.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re giving this troll way too much credit***

May 10, 2019, 12:16 PM

Re: I don't find it hard to imagine

May 10, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I don't find it hard to imagine ]

I don't get it either. It's not like he is cutting bait and running after his first year not getting playing time. He has played here for 3 years and is a 2x national champion. Gotta be happy for him! Hopefully he makes the decision that is best for him!

Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigerclaw1819 = u5c loser

May 10, 2019, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: The thought of #28 entering portal is ]

May 10, 2019, 12:58 PM

My first thought was....man our depth and recruiting has gotten so good we're forcing other 5 star players to transfer now. It's just crazy in that aspect to me. Hunter Johnson and Feaster were going to be the staple in a dynamic offense, only to be forced into backup rolls by younger talent. Feaster still provided a lot here and wish him nothing but the best, he deserves the chance to be a featured back.

May 10, 2019, 1:05 PM

While it’s not a politically correct way of looking at the situation(according to the t-net intelligentsia) but I feel the same way. Seems his ego is bruised. Wish him well but this stings.

May 10, 2019, 1:34 PM

The purpose of bringing in top flight talent every year is to force every athlete to compete at a high level every day and earn a starting spot. This has worked very well for the Tigers in recent years. ETN will compete with Dixon and the new kids every practice in hopes of keeping his starting job. When one of the competitors leaves the program, As several have done, someone steps up. C. Brice is a great example of this. Feaster will be a good running back in another program but he likely would have benefitted more competing against ETN etal every day. Clemson moves on to greater things with excellent leadership.

At risk of being considered...

May 10, 2019, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: The thought of #28 entering portal is ]

...a politically correct member of the t-net intelligentsia, might I suggest perhaps you are projecting a good bit onto him to assume this has to do with ego rather than opportunity?

He came here, has done everything that was asked of him, has been part of 3 consecutive playoff teams, has helped lead the team to 2 national championships, is graduating from Clemson, and now is looking for the chance to be a featured back in order to bolster his potential NFL status.

And somehow we as fans should be mad at him, or think less of him, or make it about us?

Nope, luck to him in his future endeavors (barring, of course, any of those coming against Clemson).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At risk of being considered...

May 10, 2019, 5:45 PM

The reason I surmise it’s ego related are those cryptic tweets sent out after spring camp. They showed, in my opinion, some bitterness and resentment.

We were blessed to have him until graduation.

May 10, 2019, 1:32 PM

I want all our players to do what's best for them. It's more likely that Dabo told him what Clemson's RB future would look like and that Dabo agrees with me about it.

Imo, he'll always be part of our family, so will you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d love for Feaster to stay, but he has been a good and

May 10, 2019, 5:56 PM

loyal teammate and he did earn his degree. I don’t think CJ is going to be upset about Feaster trying to better himself in the way he thinks is best.

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic