Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that

Jun 26, 2017, 7:39 AM

Still grinds my gears is they are out winning/competing for championships annually. This would be like dabo telling usuc to hang on to holtz. He is a hall of famer. I really just hate all things gator, otherwise I might be happy for OSullivan. Their ace pitcher comes off as a little whiny girl too. Go LSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that

Jun 26, 2017, 7:56 AM

We have not had a team since 2010 that had any chance of winning a NC.
Jack could get the players but the game changed and he refused to .
It's going to take a few more years but Lee will get us back to Omaha.

Jun 26, 2017, 8:49 AM

O'Sullivan will be the next coot coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2017, 8:52 AM

That would be a bigger shock than Zeus committing to the Tigers tomorrow.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2017, 12:21 PM

Not really. I hope he won't even consider it, but Scar has alot to offer as far as baseball goes. Money, facilties, recruiting, and fans even come to the games. I dont know if its true, but I read somewhere that O'Sullivan and his wife are going through a divorce and she is the one with the Clemson ties. I got a feeling the cooters are going to make a run at him as soon as Florida's year is over

Jun 27, 2017, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that ]

1.25 mil and a 100 million dollar stadium renovation at Florida. Plus he is loaded for the future.

Message removed by Author

Jun 26, 2017, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monte's been here 2 seasons and has

Jun 26, 2017, 9:41 AM

won an ACC Championship...but the jury's still out on him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jun 26, 2017, 9:47 AM

Has won an ACC Championship in 50% of his seasons here***

Jun 26, 2017, 10:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

For those who say we lost regional 2 years in a row

Jun 26, 2017, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

You do forget 1st year we weren't even suppose to host a region and the team that beat us just happen to go all the way to the national title game so that was just bad luck! This year if a lot of you didn't notice but once Williams got hurt it was a whole different team! He was our best hitter at that point and seemed to be the heart of the team plus it messed up batting order and stuff losing Williams hurt us a lot more than people realize!

I certainly hope so. If our expectations are merely

Jun 26, 2017, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Monte's been here 2 seasons and has ]

making it to regionals, then why on Earth did we make a coaching change? We did that every year already. Conference championships are not as important as the national tournament. And we experienced the biggest collapse I can remember this year. Monte Lee has good at winning midweek games and getting us ranked early on, but we have been a clearly inferior team in our own regional two years running. OSU and Vandy.

Clemson has only not won it's own regional 3 times in our history. Twice have happened under Monte Lee. I thought from the beginning that he was a good hire, and I still think there is a good possibility of that, but if we don't make a super-regional next year then it will be a disappointment and NOT a step forward.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I certainly hope so. If our expectations are merely

Jun 26, 2017, 10:22 AM

Yea we got Ok St our first region which made it all the way to the national title series and we lost a 3 game series with vandy with a hurt team, and all sec title game shows that sec was a little better than ppl thought so vandy was prob better than anyone thought! He would have got us to a super amd acc title his first season if we didn't happen to pull the team that went all the way but lost in the national title.

So it's ok that we were blown out at home two years in a row

Jun 26, 2017, 12:16 PM

in the regionals?

And you consider it a point of pride that we took the 2nd seed to a final game at home, despite the fact we were blown out the other two games?

Making it to regionals is not an improvement over previous seasons.

if we don't make Omaha in the next 3 years

Jun 26, 2017, 7:11 PM

the 2011-2020 will be the first decade we don't make it to Omaha since the 60s

Re: Monte's been here 2 seasons and has

Jun 26, 2017, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Monte's been here 2 seasons and has ]

He won an ACC championship with the previous coaches players

Jun 26, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

It's crazy how now we got stuck with Monte Lee when we were 35-4 this year all o heard was how good monte was and he is going to get us back now that we got beat and a coach we possibly could have went after is in natty now we had to settle for monte! I swear some ppl on these boards amaze me!! Monte Lee is a great hire for us and there's more than just a coaching change, we fell massively behind in facilities compared to LSU Florida and those guys and that stuff helps just look at football program we are just now getting back to Having above average facilities. It's going to take monte Lee more than 2 seasons to get us back to Omaha! Monte Lee is a great hire sorry for those who feel other wise but give the man time and he will get us back he's a very good coach!! And it's not like Legget left him with a team stack full of all Americans, he's doing better than legget was.

Jun 26, 2017, 10:00 AM

CONGRATS IF YOU EVER THOUGHT SULLY WAS GOING TO COME HERE AND TAKE JACKS JOB.

Jun 26, 2017, 10:13 AM

It is Clemson's job. Jack occupied it for awhile. There was someone before and there is and will be others after.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2017, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that ]

Should have eaten pressure like candy!

10-20 afterward or something like that .

Time will tell

This is ironic. Jack Leggett was a Hall of Famer who

Jun 26, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that ]

had us finish in the top-15, 14 out of his 23 seasons here, and had us finish in the top 5, 6 different times. But he was treated terribly by a lot of people on this board at the end of his tenure.

Monte Lee hasn't even scratched the surface of what Jack Leggett accomplished for Clemson but people are more likely to stick up for Lee. Talk about a screwed up situation.

And Legget left him with Seth Beer, which is a huge reason for our success last year. And we had Cal Raleigh (Fresh All-American) committed to us but went to FSU when Jack was fired. So this whole "cupboard was bare" thing is ridiculous.

Re: This is ironic. Jack Leggett was a Hall of Famer who

Jun 26, 2017, 12:30 PM

Man, I wish I could give you 1000 TU's.

I was ready for change with both Bowden and Leggett, and both had things that frustrated me to no end. But ####, give some credit where credit is due.

The changes were good, and timed well. But if people want to make revisionist history about those two coaches...they're insane.

BOTH helped their respective programs immensely.

I do wish they'd stop asking Bowden questions about Clemson though. It's been long enough. His opinion is invalid at this point.

Re: This is ironic. Jack Leggett was a Hall of Famer who

Jun 26, 2017, 12:40 PM [ in reply to This is ironic. Jack Leggett was a Hall of Famer who ]

I stuck up for legget and never threw him under the bus like other tnetters and Im sticking up for Lee like I stuck up for Legget! I didn't say he left it bare but some people on here act like if we hired o Sullivan we would be in Omaha or something. Legget left Lee with talent but some ppl act like we had an all American team set in place for Lee. Yea he got Beer and some other players but I just think it's going to take few seasons to get talent back up at all posistions. Like I said too Williams really helped the team by being a great hitter and taking the pressure off Beer in the line up. When he got hurt I think it hurt us more than we knew! I truly believe we would have done better and might have won the region if he had been healthy.

we were really going downhill toward the end of his tenure

Jun 26, 2017, 7:13 PM [ in reply to This is ironic. Jack Leggett was a Hall of Famer who ]

we were not even getting close to hosting regionals and losing 18-1 to Oregon in the regionals.

Jun 26, 2017, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that ]

The current coach may have inherited a pretty talented team. Considering 9 Tigers were drafted in the MLB draft. Tied for the most in the ACC, fourth most in the nation, most at Clemson since 2009 and third most in school history.

All 9 of those weren't drafted before Clemson either

Jun 27, 2017, 7:44 AM

So someone developed them

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Jun 26, 2017, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: The thing about Corbin and OSullivan that ]

Please explain - "Jack could get players but the game changed and he refused to"

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic