Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables says there were too many negatives for him to be happy with scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables says there were too many negatives for him to be happy with scrimmage

Apr 2, 2015, 7:01 AM

Venables says there were too many negatives for him to be happy with scrimmage

Every spring practice brings out the good and the bad in a football team, and that’s exactly what happened with Brent Venables’ defense during Wednesday’s stadium scrimmage as Venables told the media there were too many negatives for him to be happy. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Priceless!

Apr 2, 2015, 7:32 AM

Will this defensive line be as good and aggressive as last years?

BV: "I think they're capable of it. Hopefully they will. If they will we'll be just fine. If they decide not to - that's the beauty of it, it's a choice - then we'll have a substantial drop off.”

Exactly! It is a matter of choice to work hard to be the best because the talent is not a question. Work ethic is the difference maker.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there's also the experience factor and that's only

Apr 2, 2015, 7:55 AM

gonna come with time. Hopefully it doesn't take them too long.

The talent and ability is there.

Apr 2, 2015, 12:31 PM

We all knew the experience level would drop off a little, it was the talent and natural ability that concerned us.

If anyone is concerned with the effort it sure as helll isn't Venables. He can squeeze air out of a rock.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The talent and ability is there.

Apr 4, 2015, 9:04 AM

Agreed! BV is what a real coach is supposed to be about. He knows how to coach players up, and get get them to want to give every ounce they have on every play. We will be just fine of the D side of the ball this year, IMO. Also, I like how our Offense is shaping up now that there has been new focus on the OL. I think we will be very special for a good while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables says there were too many negatives for him to be happy with scrimmage

Apr 2, 2015, 8:29 AM

I really like how Venables isn't all unicorns and rainbows. His honest and clear assessments and high standards have really helped us out!

Re: New Story: Venables says there were too many negatives for him to be happy with scrimmage

Apr 2, 2015, 1:12 PM

I couldn't agree more! As much as people want to claim CDS blows air up our skirts, BV is as straight forward as you can get. Sometimes brutally honest to a fault. That's exactly what we needed in a DC. It's obvious the players respond to his style. Its straight forward, honest, and hard; but it creates #1 ranked defenses.

Apr 2, 2015, 11:33 AM

Coach Venables calls it like he see's it. I think the day that he doesn't find something wrong in practice, scrimmage or a.game, we'll all fall over. He is Top Shelf as a Co-ordinator, and expects.things.to be done right, and done his way. 110% every play or have a seat. Keep up the good work and there.will be no fall off from last season. GO TIGERS!!!

Apr 2, 2015, 10:58 PM

I personally expect some drop off at the beginning of the season after the two give me games. But I also expect that with the talent we have, the drop off will be short lived and everything will start to click. That is when we will see close to the same type and style of defense we witnessed last season from about game 6 to the end will be a lights out defense. Our season will be determined on how well ND will be on the offensive side of the ball. I won't have a problem though with us just having to out score ND, because with a healthy strong Watson, I believe our offense will be the best we've seen at Clemson in a while with playmakers across the board with a much stronger running game than we've had for the past few years. Goooo Tigers, make it happen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2015, 9:06 AM

Yep! Me too! I do expect us to be very good when it's all said and done, though. Very good!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic