Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The students need their due
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

The students need their due

Oct 29, 2017, 8:28 PM

After all the negative ink about the students not being in attendance for the Wake Forest game the weekend before midterm exams, the ink should be nothing but sterling for the high student number for the Georgia Tech game last night. Many were literally pouring rain water from their boots but were there in support. All goes to show the fact that only the right reason, academics, can keep them from the sidelines. GO STUDENT TIGERS!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Kudos to the Clemson students.

Oct 29, 2017, 9:26 PM

Strong showing !

are you blind?

Oct 29, 2017, 9:29 PM

The hill and lower corners were empty the entire 2nd half.

That was pathetic.

Re: are you blind?

Oct 29, 2017, 9:41 PM

I agree. The hill looked bare & I was praying the camera man would quit showing it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Hill problem needs to be fixed!***

Oct 30, 2017, 8:59 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Did you look at the rest of the stadium after halftime?

Oct 31, 2017, 7:08 AM [ in reply to are you blind? ]

A huge number of fans, including some I tailgated with, chose not to come back after half. My kids upgraded their seats to ones that put a roof over their heads.

How can you fault the students on this one? Nasty weather, game well at hand...

We’re you at the game? Did you stay until the Alma mater?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were, not we're

Oct 31, 2017, 8:03 AM

Autocorrect got me again!

Not even close. Their section of tds was empty***

Oct 30, 2017, 8:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Not even close. Their section of tds was empty***

Oct 31, 2017, 7:15 AM

Probably because many of them were huddled so closely together up there. There was a giant oval sized group of students over there packed in tightly from what I could see from the other side of the stadium.

Those students who showed up and stayed are heros

Oct 30, 2017, 9:17 AM

and should be commended however there were far too few of them. Today at work I heard of people with tickets who decided to just stay at home because of the weather. I was in shock given I knew other fans who would have loved to go if they had the budget.

Re: The students need their due

Oct 30, 2017, 9:23 AM

What game were you watching?

The student section was barely half full and the whole north side of the hill was empty. It was awful.

Also, Fire DRad.

Hopefully Fire DRad was meant as a JOKE!***

Oct 30, 2017, 9:48 AM

Oct 30, 2017, 4:22 PM

It amazes me that the mind set is that the students should be all about the football team when the reverse is the truth. The students are up there to get a good education and prepare for life ahead and not to just fill the stands for a football game. They should not be contrarily judged for not wanting to stay in a soaking rain when the game was actually over at half. The second half was boring. I enjoy the success as much as anybody but hope it never becomes more important than those things that are truly important. Clemson has a very high academic rating right now. It was evidenced by those smart enough to get out of the rain.

Oct 30, 2017, 4:25 PM

The students have plenty of time to worry about academics the other 6 days of the week. Not to mention that most students will be tailgating all day even if they don't go into the game, so don't act like they're out studying while there is a game being played.

Oct 30, 2017, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The students need their due ]

Because all the students were in their dorm studying on Saturday instead of at the game cheering the team? Really? That's your argument?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2017, 12:36 AM

My argument is that football is a distraction not a requirement for students who have been unjustifiably criticized for either missing a game to study for midterms or leaving a game at halftime when it has been pretty much decided and a cold, soaking rain is making for a miserable time. I lettered in five sports in high school meaning there is nobody who loves athletics more, but it ain't life or death. Where is all the support and concern for soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis, etc.?

Oct 31, 2017, 1:55 AM

I will say this then hush to make all happy. When I attended Clemson, they were 2-9 and 3-6-2 the first two years I was on campus. The significant number of students attending the games were a very large percentage of the crowd which was sparse since they weren't winning. I do not remember once any student criticizing and judging the general tiger population for not coming to the games. We enjoyed the victories but did not get overly depressed by the losses. Things change when the winning begins and the summer time fans jump on the wagon. My blood runs a bright shade of orange, but I am responsible for two students who better be getting ready for midterms and smart enough to get out of a soaking rain before they get sick. With the best academic scholarship, Clemson will pay the majority but not all of the tuition. I am responsible for the balance and all of the housing and meals not too mention transportation, books, medical needs, etc. I have to admit it gets under my skin when students such as mine are criticized for having their priorities in proper order and getting me pretty good bang for my bucks for which I worked hard. I will continue to follow and support all the athletics at Clemson but my top interest and priority is the welfare of my two. Their top priority is succeeding in getting a diploma in their chosen majors. Otherwise, what is the point?

You have no idea what college world your kids are in

Oct 31, 2017, 7:46 AM

if you think the students skip out on the game to study and get ready for class.

Oct 31, 2017, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The students need their due ]

Just a quick note here, FOOTBALL pays the BILLS for the non revenue sporte!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That woosh sound was the point going over your head

Oct 31, 2017, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: The students need their due ]

T h e point was that clemson students were complaining about not getting free tickets to the games.

The counter point is who cares, they only show for big games and then disapear.

The football team is composed of students..who are there to get an education also.

As you say, if the students are there to get an education and prepare for life, why then do they need free football tickets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I’ll give them credit here. I got there at 7:15 and

Oct 31, 2017, 7:18 AM

looked to see that the student section was already packed, while the rest of the fans were hiding under the portals, at concessions, or were still having a grand ole time at their tailgates. This may be b cause they had to in order to get and keep their seats, but they still stood out there in that weather to do so.

And there weren’t many there to see it other than the students, but

Oct 31, 2017, 7:22 AM

The GT players were over at the student section basically taunting them. It was then that I knew the game wouldn’t go well for them.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic