Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The story, per Herbie, is how Louisville is not out of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

The story, per Herbie, is how Louisville is not out of

Oct 2, 2016, 12:17 AM

the playoff picture, and how they really fought hard, and how amazing Jackson played. If you hadn't watched the game, you wouldn't have any idea that Clemson kicked their a$$ and Deshaun Watson won the QB battle handily. Nope, the story tonight was Louisville.

Good Lord.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The story, per Herbie, is how Louisville is not out of

Oct 2, 2016, 12:19 AM

Caught that as well

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 12:21 AM

Me too. Not sure what that was all about. If we had lost he wouldn't have been saying that about us.

Oct 2, 2016, 12:25 AM

yep I sure feel that way too. usually he likes us but it was kind of backhanded tonight

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't really argue against Herbie's point. Louisville lost

Oct 2, 2016, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: The story, per Herbie, is how Louisville is not out of ]

a very close game on the road and will probably have a chance to beat a top ten Houston in November. If we had lost, it would have been a home loss and we won't be playing another top ten team in the regular season.

So yeah, Louisville can overcome the lost better than us. So stop the Herbie bashing, he is not a Clemson hater.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, I don't think Herbie is a Clemson hater at all. I do

Oct 2, 2016, 1:07 AM

have a problem with the slant of his game ending summary. CLEMSON won the game. Clemson was the underdog and WON the game. It was a HUGE victory for Clemson. Yes, Louisville deserves credit for a very hard fought game, but them losing is only part of the story. How often, in a battle between two top 5 teams, is it all about the team that lost? I can understand if there is some sort of controversial or miraculous play at the end, but there was none of that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 2, 2016, 12:19 AM

Herbie sucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 12:20 AM

Does that mean the ACC is now SEC worthy...

In the words of "Seinfeld"...that would be "sponge worthy"***

Oct 2, 2016, 12:57 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Oct 2, 2016, 12:22 AM

And per Herbie, tackling Lamar Jackson = "choke hold."

Yah, that bothered me. It appeared to me like he was holding

Oct 2, 2016, 12:26 AM

on to him so that he wouldn't get away. Then, UL player pushes CU player into BB (while holding LJ) and they fall sideways. Yah, that probably surprised them both. But we could see that on replay and all that was made out of it was the choke hold under the pile.

Re: Yah, that bothered me. It appeared to me like he was holding

Oct 2, 2016, 12:35 AM

Ben absolutely was in the wrong there, no way Jackson gets that mad if Ben didn't do something bad. He was clearly choking him. Classless move by Ben.

Ah he was mad cause they were losing and lost his composure.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:04 AM

Ben holding him like that in the pile was just an excuse for him to be a clown.

Did anyone check him out beating his helmet with his fist

Oct 2, 2016, 1:08 AM

and cursing while walking to the locjer room after the game. Someone's classless and it ain't Ben.

Re: Yah, that bothered me. It appeared to me like he was holding

Oct 2, 2016, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Yah, that bothered me. It appeared to me like he was holding ]

Boulware was squeezing... If you don't like it, don't let your QB run the ball and fight for extra yards... I'd say the same thing if the exact thing had happened to Deshaun.

^^^^^^^^^^***

Oct 2, 2016, 1:05 AM

yea, that made no sense to me***

Oct 2, 2016, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: The story, per Herbie, is how Louisville is not out of ]

who cares?

Oct 2, 2016, 12:22 AM

clemson is undefeated.

louisville is not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Thought the same thing***

Oct 2, 2016, 12:27 AM

Re: Thought the same thing***

Oct 2, 2016, 12:53 AM

Jackson kinda did outplay Deshaun though. Had more rushing yards and 2 less picks.

Not really but keep your orange glasses on

Oct 2, 2016, 12:30 AM

What a clueless fan. We were lucky to win. But continue to blind yourself stupidity.

And you are an internet cancer***

Oct 2, 2016, 12:32 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

And loving rent free in you head

Oct 2, 2016, 12:34 AM

Jeremy.

Enjoying the win....like a fan. You are not even rent-free

Oct 2, 2016, 12:38 AM

in your own head. Go ahead and keep moaning though.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Keep trying, you may be the first Tiger I've reported for...

Oct 2, 2016, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Not really but keep your orange glasses on ]

personal attacks. You really shouldn't post when you're drunk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting take. Herbie has us winning natl title.

Oct 2, 2016, 12:33 AM

Team collapsed in 3rd Qtr. And BYOG'd in 4th Qtr. I thought we were done. And we won by one yard in the end.

But to your point, if Clemson had lost, the season was over and playoff opportunity was over.

We had the best players and our Offense almost bumbled their way to a loss. Thank God Venables and hung in there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why it was so amazingly irritating. He picked us to

Oct 2, 2016, 12:50 AM

win tonight too, I believe. Herbie has been very complimentary of Clemson and Dabo. That's exactly why it was so baffling. It was almost as if he felt his main obligation in the end, rather than praise Clemson for a hard fought, huge win over a top 5 team, was to make sure everyone knew just how good Louisville is in spite of losing, as if the losing didn't really mean that much, and how great Jackson still is in spite of not winning the QB battle.

- H. L. Mencken

Need to finish the game.

Oct 2, 2016, 12:55 AM [ in reply to Interesting take. Herbie has us winning natl title. ]

It all started with McCloud lost concentration just one second. Then, the ball went their way. That quickly turned it and almost cost us the game.

Then there came the turnover from the hands of Leggett.

We can't keep doing this.

Oct 2, 2016, 12:34 AM

I wouldn't say we kicked anyone's butt tonight, and saying that Watson won the QB battle handily is a big stretch. He threw 3 INTs and there were a few passes that should have been picks. We won the game so we should be happy about it and not worry about what ESPN says.

Oct 2, 2016, 12:40 AM

I think Watson was the better QB tonight...hellz he was even at a disadvantage if you compare play calling. If that scumbag coach of Louisville was our OC we would have probably hung 70 on them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 12:43 AM

I agree he was better, but not "handily" as OP said. Jackson was pretty freaking good too, especially in the 2nd half.

Oct 2, 2016, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: The story, per Herbie, is how Louisville is not out of ]

Watson may have thrown 3 interceptions but 2 were not on him at all.

True, DW had 3 ints, but one was clearly not his fault,

Oct 2, 2016, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: The story, per Herbie, is how Louisville is not out of ]

bouncing off Ray Ray's chest and the intercept over Deon, looked like Deon didn't even try to make a play on the ball and gave up position to the DB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right!***

Oct 2, 2016, 12:54 AM

- H. L. Mencken

He was gift wrapping the heisman for him in the 4th

Oct 2, 2016, 12:41 AM

quarter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely***

Oct 2, 2016, 12:52 AM

- H. L. Mencken

That's no shot at Clemson

Oct 2, 2016, 12:42 AM

He did pick us to win it all. Give respect to a hell of a team that brought us to the wire

I DO have respect for them, but the story tonight was not

Oct 2, 2016, 12:57 AM

about Loisville losing and what that means to them, it should be about Clemson winning and what that means for us.

- H. L. Mencken

Oct 2, 2016, 12:44 AM

Crazy isn't it...politics keeps rearing its ugly, nasty, corrupt head.

Doesn't the ACC, and thus Clemson, make more

Oct 2, 2016, 12:51 AM

Money if we have two playoff teams?

Doesn't it make it that much easier to take recruits away from SEC teams if they are not considered any better than the ACC?

Louisville running the table, smacking Houston and taking the second playoff spot suits me just fine. If we can handle them when we turn the ball over five times, we can handle them in the playoffs.

null

I don't disagree with that - just the focus of Herbie's

Oct 2, 2016, 1:00 AM

game ending summary.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic