Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time

Dec 28, 2016, 2:15 PM

another team talks smack or provideds bulletin board material, the majority of posters are saying "look what happened to Miami when they talked smack," or "look what happened when Brian Kelly dissed us," or "look what happened to SCAR when they ran that mouth."

But then one of our players does it and suddenly the majority here try to spin it like it won't matter. Lol...my guess is it does matter or coaches wouldn't advise against it and more of them would probably talk trash too. Most coaches go out of their way to not provide material for the other team, so spin it how you like, but it wasn't a good idea.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time

Dec 28, 2016, 2:17 PM

He didn't smack talk him. He didn't say he wasn't good. He said we have played better Qbs. That's a fact

Dec 28, 2016, 2:24 PM

And there you have it....spin, spin, spin. Good job proving my point brother. Perception is all that matters...even facts can be perceived as disrespectful depending on how they are presented. To OSU, it was disrespectful. Smack talk.

LOL, reading comprehension?***

Dec 28, 2016, 10:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2016, 2:19 PM

I completely agree

Dec 28, 2016, 2:20 PM

You would. Hahahahaha

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2016, 2:25 PM

And you're one of the ones that would be crying all day if they said something like that about us, starting thread after thread boo hooing.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:19 PM

Frankly scarlet. Smack talk means nothing once the whistle blows. It's for fans. Players who like to make a big deal of it are usually the ones that are butt hurt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2016, 2:28 PM

If that's true, then explain why coaches somstrongly advise against it and coach players not to do it?

I personally don't like the Smack Talk

Dec 28, 2016, 2:22 PM

BUT, in this case it really doesn't matter.This is not Oklahoma whining about a Tombstone, ND thinking they were above us,or anything else. It's a guy that knows that his team was built for this moment opening his mouth, when he shouldn't. Won't effect the outcome at all.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:22 PM

Not only that but this board would be going nuts if one of their players said something like that about one of our players. People would say how trashy it is of them, but since our guy said it it's just a "true statement, get over it". Pretty funny actually.

Their RB did diss Clemson LB's & DB's.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time ]

If he said they have played a better punter than Teasdal I wouldn't be upset. It's true just like we've played better QBs

Jackson, Evans and Francois all better

Dec 28, 2016, 2:33 PM

Nine of them made the playoff...OSU's QB did. Maybe it doesn't matter as far as he is concerned, but the rest of his team take the field too.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time ]

I don't see how you get that....OU complained about a road game tradition. ..a tombstone. Said clemson disrespected them directly for it and that they'd"get even"....ND's Kelly insisted that Clemson couldn't hold their jock straps and that our stadium doesn't know what loud is (though it at one time held the DB record nationally ). Johnson just said our D has faced a better QB....and well, you look at Barrett's passing numbers, compare to say Deshun who they face in practice daily, or Lamar Jackson, who not only won the Heisman, but also could or has broke Deshaun's last year stats, I'd say the comment was not necessarily a dig at Barrett, as much as a testament to who they've played.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:36 PM

I never brought up OU and the tombstone. You did. I brought up Miami and SCAR standing in the end one jawing off. Everyone here said that mattered. And everyone said it mattered when Syracuse did it too.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time ]

Yeah and this board went nuts when those people said those things get about Clemson. There were countless threads about how classless they were, whiner after whiner.

That's all I'm saying. I don't think it's a big deal. I wouldn't have said it or I wouldn't want one of my players saying stuff like that, but I will never have to make that call. I'm just pointing out how hypocritical this board is.

I sincerely hope Barrett tries to prove us wrong and beat us with his arm.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this guy knows a thing or two about

Dec 28, 2016, 2:25 PM

beating things with his arm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

yup

Dec 28, 2016, 2:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

having a difficult time concentrating on osu

Dec 28, 2016, 2:35 PM

with your selfies

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Maybe he will, but...

Dec 28, 2016, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time ]

look what happened to SCAR when they ran that mouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Remember Ulric Jones lol

Dec 28, 2016, 2:31 PM

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/05/gamecock-signee-to-clemson-qb-ill-bust-his-ass/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember. I also remember Notre Dame, and...

Dec 28, 2016, 2:36 PM

look what happened when Brian Kelly dissed us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

don't forget dave doereen - although anonymous

Dec 28, 2016, 2:38 PM

we even toyed with them at the end

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

And who could forget The U?

Dec 28, 2016, 2:49 PM

...look what happened to Miami when they talked smack

Re: And who could forget The U?

Dec 28, 2016, 2:51 PM

dumb ol' coots lol

I've still got Ulric's words marked***

Dec 28, 2016, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Remember Ulric Jones lol ]

Re: Maybe he will, but...

Dec 28, 2016, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Maybe he will, but... ]

Loo...56-7...forever to thee.

If there's a better response, I'd like to hear it.***

Dec 29, 2016, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Re: The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Pretty sure you said the same thing about Hillary

Dec 29, 2016, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: The spin game on TNET is strong. It kills me how every time ]

wait, wut?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Hate to break it to ya.... but Santa really isn't real

Dec 28, 2016, 2:35 PM

and this isn't going to make us or break us

Get A Dog

Dec 28, 2016, 2:40 PM

You sound scared.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Get A Dog

Dec 28, 2016, 2:48 PM

Are you spayed? If so, I've got a nice home for ya.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:51 PM

Since you can't afford to pay a membership here, I doubt you could afford to pay my stud fee.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Link for you and TigersTeeth...

Dec 28, 2016, 2:53 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=104

Dec 28, 2016, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Get A Dog ]

Oh yeah, well...yo mama! Dude, what are you, 12? I don't pay because the benefits aren't worth it. Also because simply posting an opinion on here brings smart ### comments from posters like you instead of intelligent conversation. Why would I pay for that? Besides, I love seeing 12 year old girls like you getting all riled up over a trademark symbol after their name.

Dec 28, 2016, 3:10 PM

well, just being honest, you are never gonna "hook up" with that attitude

Dec 28, 2016, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Get A Dog ]

lol dont accuse him of being 12 when you just made a post calling him a dog.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dec 28, 2016, 6:24 PM

But, he started it! ??

"Whining about the whiners"....

Dec 28, 2016, 2:42 PM

Forget where I read that, but it seems appropriate.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Whining about the whiners"....

Dec 28, 2016, 2:47 PM

Just stating the facts...that's acceptable according to everyone here and you have no right to whine about me whining about the whiners. Genius.

Merely stating the obvious

Dec 28, 2016, 3:11 PM

maroon

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Merely stating the obvious

Dec 28, 2016, 3:28 PM

I never liked that color.

Re: Merely stating the obvious

Dec 28, 2016, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Merely stating the obvious ]

Not sure what your problem is, but to think I actually tried to defend your position on here the other day. Thanks for showing your true colors...won't make that mistake again!

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20715557#20715557

No prob...

Dec 28, 2016, 3:43 PM

but, like that other poster, you're having difficulty differentiating between casual comments and true pointed criticism. Need a bit thicker skin to post opinions on Tnet.....Sometimes an innocent post is just an innocent post

Re: No prob...

Dec 28, 2016, 6:25 PM

Whatev bro.

Dec 28, 2016, 3:31 PM

Yep! Keep your mouth closed and show it on the field!

just to be clear

Dec 28, 2016, 3:36 PM

you want johnson to show "it" on the field?? not sure how that helps us win?

Dec 28, 2016, 3:43 PM

Some love trash talk....and some hate it.

Some think it makes a difference....and some don't.

Some think that it motivates.....and some think that it gets in their heads.

I don't really care.....I happen to love what JJ has to say. He is open and is not a politician.

Dec 28, 2016, 6:29 PM

That's cool, but he'll get blasted on here if we lose. For the record, I don't think we lose regardless, but I just don't like our players doing it. If we do lose, I hope he is man enough to address his comments after the game, especially if Barrett puts on a show.

Dec 28, 2016, 6:36 PM

Jadar is also the one who said he would body slam Lamar if he tried to hurtle him.

And I can't even consider a loss at this time. ??

Go Tigers!!

Dec 28, 2016, 6:44 PM

Your spell-check changed fact-talk to smack-talk. Just saying

But, Johnson didn't talk smack. So there's that point.***

Dec 28, 2016, 6:45 PM

Dec 29, 2016, 12:08 AM

100% agree. People that don't get this have probably never played sports. You can guarantee that OSU will use this as motivation.

NEVER say anything critical of your opponent. Praise their strengths and ignore their weaknesses when you're speaking publicly.

What he said was accurate but it shouldn't have been said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2016, 1:45 AM

Any fan that doesn't think that the other team sees it as smack talk is delusional. I felt the same way when Deshaun said that he's the best player in college football. Granted, a game of this magnitude shouldn't require bulletin board material to get motivated. Shut up, line up and spot the ball.

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic