Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spectrum ACC Streaming Issue- On vacation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 51

Spectrum ACC Streaming Issue- On vacation

Oct 25, 2019, 8:28 PM

So we get the ACC network at home but it appears that it’s not going to work through our Spectrum apps on our apple devices at the place we’re staying in Banner Elk. The place we’re staying doesn’t subscribe to the sports package. We’ve been able to watch it on on the ESPN app but when we try and mirror it on our apple tv it’s blacked out. Anyone know of a way of getting around these blackouts? I pay for this package at home. Anyone ever used a hdmi adaptor for this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The spectrum app won’t work. Screen mirroring using your

Oct 25, 2019, 9:33 PM

Appletv should. With spectrum, you need to be on your homes WiFi to work for a lot of the channels, especially ESPN and local stations. If you have your appletv with you and it’s connected to your television, the screen mirroring just shows what’s on your phone on the television, so blackout rules don’t apply there. You do still need to use your spectrum login through the ESPN app to work. You can also try to use AirPlay instead of screen mirroring to avoid any texts or phone calls or annoying notifications showing up on the tv.

I’ve done this a couple of times taking my appletv to my grandads house so he can watch the accn games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The spectrum app won’t work. Screen mirroring using your

Oct 25, 2019, 9:56 PM

The spectrum app and espn mirroring appears to be blocked because our vacation spot doesn’t have a spectrum package associated with the ACC Network.

The good news is the Airplay works! Also, I just figured out I could do a free trail of hulu or youtube tv.

Thanks!

Re: The spectrum app won’t work. Screen mirroring using your

Oct 26, 2019, 6:42 AM

I am not familiar with AppleTV, but I am “assuming” it is similar to a Roku. When I have been on vacations with rental houses, my spectrum app has not worked either. I believe the issue is more a limit on these provider based applications. It’s not a “black-out”. In general, you can’t use a spectrum app on a different service providers internet stream. I believe there is an exception to phones for some reason. I am guessing that in the mountains they are using a direct TV/AT&T system for cable and internet. I ran into this issue last year in the Boone, NC area when renting a cabin. I could not use the spectrum app/ channel.

That said, I could use the ESPN application/ channel. This is a different “Application” that you would have to down load on to your device that hooks to your TV. It is free, you just have to download it. You then select that ESPN application instead of the spectrum TV application. You use your service provider info to login. My experience is that you then get everything that you pay for through your service provider subscription. And you can watch it on the TV that you are hooked to in the cabin. This same approach would also work for watching HBO, Stars, etc.?? It just stinks for quick channel surfing... FYI. Something I learned 2 weeks ago while at the beach is to pay attention to when games are on local channels. Local channels don’t always have there own Applications so that can add a wrinkle depending on your vacation/ location spot.

If this sounds like I am talking down to you, that is not my intent, just trying to share my experience from the past. Hope this works out and you can watch the game! Go Tigers!

Here's a free stream if nothing else works out

Oct 26, 2019, 4:53 AM

http://grandmastreams.live/espnaccnetwork.html

It isn't up 24/7 and when I checked just now it was showing a different channel, but that'll be fixed before the games get started.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic