Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The single most impressive display of athleticism I've ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

The single most impressive display of athleticism I've ever

Jul 10, 2017, 6:56 PM

witnessed in person, and still makes my jaw drop no matter how many times I've seen it.

https://youtu.be/rFIT-3gcAR8

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lightning strikes again!***

Jul 10, 2017, 6:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

How sick could we be . . .

Jul 10, 2017, 7:00 PM

I enjoyed showing his clips to some fellow office workers who love cfb. Some acc guys some big 10 and PAC 12 guys. The acc guys remembered, but the others didn't. Their jaws dropped. Amazing feller that CJ Spiller!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will NEVER forget that play.***

Jul 10, 2017, 7:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The single most impressive display of athleticism I've ever

Jul 10, 2017, 7:04 PM

When I think of his greatness, this play always comes to mind. Btw, comparing incoming recruits to him is ridiculously ridiculous.

Hall for GT is immortalized as the bent over Tech dude in DV***

Jul 10, 2017, 7:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

The all purple looked great under the lights for Gameday.

Jul 10, 2017, 7:21 PM

What a great night. If only we could've kept the momentum going, Tommy might still....um, disregard. I'm in Munich this week drinking heavily.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The all purple looked great under the lights for Gameday.

Jul 10, 2017, 7:22 PM

I miss those seats. They were great. Stay safe in Germany.

Jul 10, 2017, 7:23 PM [ in reply to The all purple looked great under the lights for Gameday. ]

Enjoy the laderhos

Jul 10, 2017, 8:40 PM [ in reply to The all purple looked great under the lights for Gameday. ]

That was the only game I was able to get up to from Florida that year...such a great night!

Jul 10, 2017, 7:23 PM

That play was incredible.:)

Jul 10, 2017, 7:28 PM

Also not sure I've seen a player take over a game like he did against GT in Tampa...

Jul 10, 2017, 7:31 PM

Yeah, a bittersweet memory. If any player deserved to bring the ACC crown back to Clemson after our wandering in the wilderness, it was CJ. Still pissed about those phantom holding calls...don't even get me started.

Jul 10, 2017, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: The single most impressive display of athleticism I've ever ]

I was at the Clemson v BC game in Boston his freshman year, he had a heck of a punt return/or maybe it was a swing pass where he cut all the way across the field for about 70 or 80 yards. Why Bowden didn't run him wide side of the field inside the 5 to win the game still shocks me. Instead he ran Davis weak side and he got stuffed.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

bowden was about as uninspired as they come***

Jul 10, 2017, 7:42 PM

Jul 10, 2017, 8:19 PM

HAHAHAHAH OMG!

I made that video! I thought they were all lost when some shady hosting company "accidentally" cleared all my files.

Man I wish I still had all my highlight videos...

Formerly N0VATiger & Hiredgun on CUTigers

Jul 10, 2017, 8:33 PM

Hiredgun ----Good to see you posting. There was no official word of your demise and was wondering if you had headed for the hills years ago to escape the "expert" opinions which graced the boards. Have missed your posts and happy to see you are back.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2017, 8:44 PM

Joe my good man. How are ya?

Yeah I grew tired of all the bellyaching over there and how only certain people were right (everyone else was wrong). That was about the time I noticed Roy step away and could tell the site was headed for the graveyard. So I quit cold turkey.

Hope all is well with you!

Jul 10, 2017, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: The single most impressive display of athleticism I've ever ]

I meant to include in my above post that CJ's home was near my home town many years ago in Florida. One of my close friends (now deceased) from our days at the Univ. of Florida, sent me an email a short time before CJ committed to the Tigers. He knew CJ personally and his email to me read, "CJ is going to surprise a lot of people when he announces his choice". That's all he said in the email and I thought it strange he would send me an email with just that message. When I saw my friend about one year later I asked him if he was trying to tell me CJ was coming to Clemson. He just laughed and never gave any indication that he was trying to pass on some hot info to me. But I've always wondered, why did he send it to me unless it was a tip of things to come.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirb Herbstreit was totally bought in to us after that game,

Jul 10, 2017, 8:36 PM

declaring us the best 1-loss team in the country during the lead-in to that following Thursday night's Va. Tech game. It rightfully took him some time to come back around to us, but he was still earlier than most during this current run.

What a great atmosphere in the Valley that night. Total and incomprehensible electricity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2017, 8:36 PM

The first time I saw CJ in live action was at the WF game .
The one where G Adams (rip), saved the game with the block FG.
CJ caught a screen and ran about 80 yards in 3 seconds.
I told my wife I have never seen anybody run that fast.

Jul 10, 2017, 8:39 PM

make them look very slow as he pulls away too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was pretty good...

Jul 10, 2017, 8:41 PM

But I saw Joey Chestnut eat 72 hotdogs last week. Pretty impressive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

K Michael Hall see ya! Kenny Scott goodbye!***

Jul 10, 2017, 8:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 10, 2017, 8:51 PM

Still shaking my head in amazement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From my seats I just saw him going toward the sidelines

Jul 10, 2017, 9:08 PM

Then my view was obstructed by the GT bench. Then I saw him streaking down the field and had to wait on the replay to see what happened.

A lot of people forget that James Davis had over 200 yards rushing in that game.

Message was edited by: EarleHall95®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From my seats I just saw him going toward the sidelines

Jul 10, 2017, 9:34 PM

I don't forget. Our WR corps have been the star of the show for a while.

No disrespect to the many great backs we've had in recent years. But the Thunder and Lightning combo, that was a show for the ages.

Oh the memories.

Re: From my seats I just saw him going toward the sidelines

Jul 10, 2017, 9:40 PM

I still remember Davis playing on a bum shoulder in that game and holding my breath every time he came down on it. One of the worst hits he took on his shoulder that game, was when he drove in for a TD. Man that was a great freaking day.

a couple key injuries on the oline killed us that year

Jul 10, 2017, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: From my seats I just saw him going toward the sidelines ]

Oh and playing at VT 5 days later.

######' ACC ########.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Truly amazing.***

Jul 10, 2017, 10:03 PM

null

Jul 10, 2017, 11:05 PM

What's interesting is we've adapted the same Chas Morris play and added a blocker to our current playbook. We used it at the start of almost every offensive series with a toss to Scott. – – Well, what's really impressive to me is 1.)That Spiller has no blockers 2.)GT Totally sniffs out the way to shut down the play. 3.) He makes it look super easy juking them both... (because, and I think B. Venables would agree with me, that they are trying to tackle him too high - over confident that they will hold Spiller to minimal yardage. Wrong...)

Back in the days before ESPN Became a Dewsh Farm***

Jul 10, 2017, 11:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2017, 11:22 PM

Cant argue with that one. He had so many. At 7:45 in this clip is his kick-off return for a TD against Maryland. His speed changes and ability to break tackles is showcased in this run.....GO TIGERS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MooMhKt-wKw

They couldn't hem him up in a phone booth........***

Jul 10, 2017, 11:23 PM

one thing that would make this video complete

Jul 11, 2017, 12:40 PM

would be cartoon sound effects when CJ put on the brakes and those two players whiffed on the tackles and then CJ pulls away like the Road Runner... LOL

And I still get a big laugh out of K. Michael Hall's reaction to the score, like a 3 year old's temper tantrum...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happened right in front of our seats and still couldn't

Jul 11, 2017, 1:52 PM

believe he made them miss in that small a space, especially the second guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had CJ dead to right.

Jul 11, 2017, 2:02 PM

The defense wasn't in bad position.

IF CJ played on this team he wouldn't get his uniform dirty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish HD TV had come out before CJ Spiller played***

Jul 11, 2017, 3:53 PM

Lightning and Thunder, Baby!!!!!***

Jul 11, 2017, 5:43 PM

Pretty high

Jul 11, 2017, 8:41 PM

I'd put Lebron's block-heard-round-the-world on Iguadala in last year's game 7 up there. Ridiculous timing and elevation, and it won a world title.

The stadium was definitely electric that night

Jul 11, 2017, 9:06 PM

And that run was the lightning strike.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic