Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The best thing about playing everybody, coaches perspective.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The best thing about playing everybody, coaches perspective.

Sep 13, 2020, 12:57 PM

Film sessions.

"Son, you wanna know why you aren't getting more playing time? Watch this."

"You think you need to be higher on the depth chart? Watch this."

Coaches know that no matter how much you teach them in practice, and even show them tapes of practice, there is absolutely nothing better to teach them with than a tape showing them what they are doing on the field in a game.

The coaching staff can't wait to get the guys into the film room. It's a lot more fun to teach players what they did wrong after a win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Silly Late Hit and PI in Endzone Will Certainly Get Airplay***

Sep 13, 2020, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What happened to the Noles?!

Sep 13, 2020, 1:03 PM

Geez, Bet that won’t be a happy film room.

LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were hit with a bad case of Covid-Suck.***

Sep 13, 2020, 1:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

For last few years.***

Sep 13, 2020, 1:16 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to the Noles?!

Sep 13, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to What happened to the Noles?! ]

No, it certainly won't. Some things we screwed up are correctable.
1. Defense not setting the edge on running plays. Way too many times a guy got to the corner with no defender forcing him inside.
2. Missed assignments/communication with our DBs. Way too many receivers running open down the field. Trevor would have thrown for 4 TDs in the first quarter if we had played Clemson last night.

Our DL was supposed to be dominant. It was anything but.

Other things we screwed up are much more difficult to correct.
1. Our OL cannot run block. The pass protection was good in the first half, but stunk in the second. We will improve this year, but it will mean we improve from horrible to bad. We won'[t get close to mediocre this year.
2. WRs dropping passes. I don't know how you teach as guy to have good hands.
3. James Blackman, since Chubba Purdy is injured, is the best we have. But, his decision making, throwing on time, and accuracy are not capable of running this offense behind this offensive line.

On the bright side, our special teams - across the board - are vastly improved, not just the kick block teams but all of them. Our kickoff coverage team was excellent. We had fewer pre-snap penalties. I'm not sure, but I don't think we ever lined up with 6 men on the line or with an ineligible receiver downfield because a WR or TE was covered up.

Sep 13, 2020, 4:26 PM

Thanks for the details in your response. I always look forward to seeing what you say about FSU and other subjects of common interest. I also appreciate you continuing to post and ignoring the Riff Raff that responds to your posts!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 6:59 PM

Ignoring the "riff raff."

I've been posting on message boards for well over 20 years. I understand smack talking. And, I understand there are some fans who visit message boards of other teams just to be (puting it mildly) smart alecks.

I know I'm a guest here. I know some folks assume anybody from a rival team is a troll. I just ignore it. It comes with the territory.

I appreciate y'all letting me post here.

Sep 13, 2020, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: What happened to the Noles?! ]

To my eye I thought Ga Tech looked like a much more athletic, threatening team on offense and reasonably stout on defense. I think as the season goes on this won’t look like as bad a loss, especially for an opener with no real spring and all new coaches.

Sep 13, 2020, 3:01 PM [ in reply to What happened to the Noles?! ]

It wasn't that long ago that the Noles locker room would tell the press that the ACC championship runs through FSU and that they felt disrespected that Clemson players felt that they could play on the Noles' level. Oh my, how the tides have turned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Re: What happened to the Noles? I love it

Sep 13, 2020, 5:57 PM

I hope we beat them 20 straight years. I was so annoyed back when as the ruled the league from day 1. I felt Clemson problems in that era were self inflicted and it allowed FSU a spot in the heirarchy we should have contested. There wont be enough wins over them to suit me. I just wish we had beaten ole booby more than we did

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to the Noles? I love it

Sep 13, 2020, 7:39 PM

I agree completely.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Is that a little bama joke in there? Nice!***

Sep 13, 2020, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: What happened to the Noles?! ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that a little bama joke in there? Nice!***

Sep 13, 2020, 7:38 PM

It's wasn't a Bama reference, but being that you brought it up, the Bama locker room has used a similar pompous tone and rhetoric in reference to Clemson.

The secondary film room should be pretty busy then.***

Sep 13, 2020, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The secondary film room should be pretty busy then.***

Sep 13, 2020, 1:25 PM

By playoff time, the secondary will be one of the team’s strengths. It happens every year. A unit is weak during the season them shows out for the playoff.

Re: The secondary film room should be pretty busy then.***

Sep 13, 2020, 2:21 PM

I remember several weeks ago Dabo said there was a battle for second string QB. I guess last night proved who and why.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"shows out for the playoff" Ummm is that how you describe

Sep 13, 2020, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The secondary film room should be pretty busy then.*** ]

getting absolutely torched by Burrow in the 'ship?

Granted, it wasn't all on the secondary. The DL wasn't getting much pressure. I'm really trying to forget about that game, but until I see otherwise, I'm not ready to anoint our secondary as a strength this year. What I saw last night was pretty underwhelming - especially considering it was Wake without much of a WR corp (opt-out boy says hello).

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic