Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The rivalry all changed when we cowered to them after brawl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

The rivalry all changed when we cowered to them after brawl

Mar 4, 2013, 3:33 PM

That they instigated. We should have never given up that bowl game but instead told them to kiss our ### and we are going because your thugs started it all at the bottom of the Hill prior to kickoff.

Ever since that game, we have bent over backwards to appease them while they just got pissed off and try to kick our teeth in at every opportunity. We invite their Pres and AD to dot the "I", treat them like fans from a non-rival school. They F-bomb us to death when we visit, throw beer on our players, tea-bag us, tells us that we aren't $hit and we just smile and say thank you. Until that candy-assed mentality changes then expect more of the same.

This sportsmanship initiative is great toward schools that deserve it. Those inbreds don't deserve any of that and we need to return to them what they give to us when we visit that dump in Columbia. Wake up before its too late.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But you can't spell sportsmanship without man

Mar 4, 2013, 3:39 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I despise those commie ba$tards and we need leaders who do***

Mar 4, 2013, 3:41 PM

WE TOO DEEP will echo in the cockroach in November...

Mar 4, 2013, 4:15 PM

As we march off the field, 62-24...just stating facts folks

Re: WE TOO DEEP will echo in the cockroach in November...

Mar 4, 2013, 4:48 PM

I honestly hope "WE TOO DEEP" doesn't echo anywhere next season....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now there's a fun dream.***

Mar 4, 2013, 6:34 PM [ in reply to WE TOO DEEP will echo in the cockroach in November... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The rivalry all changed when we cowered to them after brawl

Mar 4, 2013, 4:20 PM

If things all changed after that game, then how do you explain Clemson going 2-1 over the next 3 years? Do you think that the change in the rivalry has anything to do with them changing coaches and upgrading from Louser to Darth Visor?

Does it have anything to the dumpster fire that started after kickoff against Alabama in Atlanta?

Acting like stupid rednecks would not have helped Clemson football in the least.

Why do you bring up facts? Just muddies the water.***

Mar 4, 2013, 5:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. We won 3 of the next 4.***

Mar 4, 2013, 4:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, no, our "candyassed" mentality started right then***

Mar 4, 2013, 4:51 PM

Re: no, no, our "candyassed" mentality started right then***

Mar 4, 2013, 4:54 PM

Seems Bowden getting fired was actually the turning point. He had no trouble beating them after the brawl. Lost one time on a missed FG.

Shhh. He's on a roll.***

Mar 4, 2013, 9:16 PM [ in reply to LOL. We won 3 of the next 4.*** ]

Their people dotting our "i" was a slap in the face of all

Mar 4, 2013, 5:01 PM

Clemson grads and fans. Worse thing that has happened since the Ford departure. As for as their fans are concerned, I do not want them on my campus. I will not be abusive to them, but I sure won't be friendly. This is not a friendly rivalry.

Re: Their people dotting our "i" was a slap in the face of all

Mar 4, 2013, 5:38 PM

Love my Tigers, but will have a tough home life when I refuse to be friendly with my coot wife at the game. I call her my "Cooter Wife." She's pretty hot. My brother is also a coot. Most of my family has stayed pure Orange but we do have a few of "those."

i call my wife" my cooter" too***

Mar 4, 2013, 7:26 PM

We are just old school. Not like most that leave at half

Mar 4, 2013, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Their people dotting our "i" was a slap in the face of all ]

time to go socialize and rarely come back into the stadium. We have become a fanbase with lowered expectations and fear success.

We really haven't been the same since the SC legislature, full of usc grads, influenced Max Lennon and his pencil necks to fire Danny Ford. They knew that they couldn't compete with him so they convinced our stiff shirts that it is embarrassing to have a coach chewing tobbaco and cursing on TV so we made the biggest self-inflicted wound in collge football history. We had a Top 3 program for the decade of the 80s and let the coots run him off.

10,000-15,000 fans would rather walk outside at halftime and

Mar 4, 2013, 7:36 PM

chit chat over a beer rather than watch an actual game in person. Really pisses me off to see all those empty seats after halftime. Do they do that at UGA,South Carolina,Tenn, Florida and elsewhere or is it just at Clemson?

Re: 10,000-15,000 fans would rather walk outside at halftime and

Mar 4, 2013, 8:35 PM

The SEC forbids pass-outs, so fans at those schools don't have the option. Of course, clemson could adopt that policy as well.

They do have the option. They can walk out to the parking

Mar 5, 2013, 8:37 AM

lot and not come back just like ours do.At this point, I think the fans at Clemson who walk out at halftime, and don't come back, would do so even if the option to return was taken away. I mean, we have had a lot of fans leave at halftime of some pretty goof games and not come back.

Re: We are just old school. Not like most that leave at half

Mar 4, 2013, 11:00 PM [ in reply to We are just old school. Not like most that leave at half ]

Yeah, that's not the way it happened.

Case in point...

Mar 5, 2013, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Their people dotting our "i" was a slap in the face of all ]

They strutt around on OUR campus yelling crap like "cock-a-doodle do" and "Clemson sucks" on gameday. I reply, "Carolina sucks" and "Why don't you just leave?" and then they want to fight. They are always looking to fight. They got up in my friend's wife's face and wanted to fight her. Same old same old.

It all started with the woohoo.******

Mar 4, 2013, 5:06 PM

we beat them 4 in a row with the woohoo 2002-2006***

Mar 4, 2013, 11:46 PM

And 1997 - 2000***

Mar 5, 2013, 1:36 AM

Re: And 1997 - 2000***

Mar 5, 2013, 10:58 AM

I woohooed all those years as a student! Didn't seem to hurt much.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2013, 5:27 PM

and it changed the way the news media looked at Clemson also.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

How so?***

Mar 5, 2013, 8:38 AM

It also caused cancer and Middle Eastern Conflict.***

Mar 4, 2013, 6:13 PM

Tiger/Terrier

Re: It also caused cancer and Middle Eastern Conflict.***

Mar 4, 2013, 6:53 PM

It all started when Johnson had Kennedy assassinated. You should really write a book.

Not enough material.***

Mar 4, 2013, 9:55 PM

Tiger/Terrier

They only tea bag you.**I'd place any of them in a body bag.

Mar 4, 2013, 7:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Alshon not tea bag one of our DBs after a TD in '11?***

Mar 5, 2013, 11:40 AM

Mar 4, 2013, 9:14 PM

totally agree......they played us......lou didnt want to coach their bowl game cause he was running from the ncaa....spur didnt wanna coach it cause he wanted to get his staff in place........how to get out of a bowl and embarrass clemson.....START A FIGHT....they got even with us for the 63-17 beatdown the yr before.......couldnt beat us on the field so they beat us off the field.......low low pond scum.....always have been.

You all have it wrong...It started when we finally realized

Mar 4, 2013, 9:17 PM

that it was the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor, the Italians who invaded China and the Japanese who conquered Belgium and France. And what did we do when all that was occuring? Why we bombed Mexico trying to stop illegal immitations! GET YER FAX WRITE!!!!

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2013, 11:40 PM

LOL what? Didn't Clemson go like 3-1 the next four years?

The rivalry changed when we got our act together and Clemson decided to hire a rah rah position.

The funniest part is that you guys don't realize that we are just a lot better than we used to be. Why not just be happy with your success and accept the fact that South Carolina is the better program right now.

Cue the personal attacks and insults to my intelligence. Your pizza is on the way

If it wasn't for Clemson you wouldn't have Spurrier.

Mar 5, 2013, 4:27 AM

You can thank me with a bucket of original crispy, please.

Agreed, this is why Prez Barker should go***

Mar 4, 2013, 11:42 PM

Mar 5, 2013, 12:35 AM

Are yall crazy? You been tea bagged by Us Gamecock fans??? Well why dont you do something about it instead of crying? Man up like your football team needs to do when they Play South Carolina. But if it really is happening im sorry to hear that. Sorry some fans make us all look bad. I saw a bunch of Arkansas fans spit on our fans during the game this year.

Mar 5, 2013, 12:40 AM

Dirtman.....a fine example of SEC class. Ugh

Mar 5, 2013, 12:50 AM

There classless folks everywhere weather you like to admit it or not. There are Clemson fans that are very classless. I keep up with both teams. I like to see both do Great! Cause I wanna see them do good for the state of SC. But Im more on the Gamecock side cause its my State University. Not a small town. But back to topic. Grown Men on here down grading kids that play on these football team is not class.

"There," "weather"...

Mar 5, 2013, 11:20 AM

I doubt you went to college. You're a fine example of your fanbase full of idiots, most of whom probably didn't even finish high school.

And by the way, Clemson is a state school, too. The school was named after Thomas Green Clemson (originally the Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina), and the town was then named after the school. Moron.

Nice grammar, #######.***

Mar 5, 2013, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: The rivalry all changed when we cowered to them after brawl ]

Mar 5, 2013, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: The rivalry all changed when we cowered to them after brawl ]

Did you get their names and addresses? We could use 'em in our 'Road Warrior Gang' for the UGA game in Athens!

Dirt man?

Mar 5, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The rivalry all changed when we cowered to them after brawl ]

lol. You practically make fun of yourself.

My take on this rivalry!!

Mar 5, 2013, 5:30 AM

Having been in all Orange two years ago in the roach infested hole they call Williams Brice:

As the clock waned down to 0 and defeat was certain I stood at the lower level railing and CHEERED for my Tigers as they came of the field....."Go Tigers, I still bleed Orange", etc.....

To which I was greeted by a bunch of inbred trailor trash: "Well, love your Tigers all the way back to Clemson you Fu@#ing tater"....all in front of my young son cheering for his Tigers!!

They are obnoxious, ignorant, inbred, and totally without ANY CLASS!! I was there. I know!

THIS YEAR, as we CURBSTOMP THEM from whistle to whistle, I will enjoy watching all of them yell their obsenities in drunken stuper
because I will simply smile and give them.....the "thumbs up" sign and walk out knowing that WE are Clemson....and WE are BETTER than they are!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Case in point...

Mar 5, 2013, 8:36 AM

I've never seen any of this... There not one college out there that doesn't talk trash and keeps there mouth shut. Some are more out spoken and can back it up. Carolina does there talking on the field. Not on boards or twitter. We are playing football now. It's time to accept that we are here and our time is now. We are set up for a great run for the next few years

Re: Re: The rivalry all changed when we cowered to them after brawl

Mar 5, 2013, 8:48 AM

Fans tend to leave during day games all the time

Re: Re: The rivalry all changed when we cowered to them after brawl

Mar 5, 2013, 12:03 PM

I'd say, that fans of both teams are sometimes ignorant, sometimes smart and insightful, and that fan X, isn't always representative of fan Y, as evidenced by this thread and every sports thread in existence!

To hear any side tell it, the other side is awful, and vice versa. Nothing wrong with a healthy dislike for your rival, but as an adult, I'm often embarrassed by my fanbase, your fanbase and any fanbase. How could you not be?

People need to step back from the ledge for a second. Too many of you are painting with such a broad stroke.

Key phrase in that statement...

Mar 5, 2013, 12:24 PM

"that they instigated."

You got that right. Corey Boyd...what a punk.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic