Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The refs were bad all night, another reason to be glad Dabo is our coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The refs were bad all night, another reason to be glad Dabo is our coach

Jan 12, 2016, 9:14 AM

I know if I would have been out there I wouldn't have been able to control myself.

Unbelievable that there are 22 young men on the field, who have worked their ### off to be the best at what they do, get to finally be on the field and it's the old ######## who have such a major impact.

Thankful for the coaches who lead our players and keep their cool on the field and keep our players under control.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than botching the clock at the end of the 1st half

Jan 12, 2016, 9:18 AM

what went against us? They missed Shaq being offsides twice after they called it the first time. I thought the PI call that Renfrow got was very iffy.

We lost the game, but these Tigers are winners.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Other than botching the clock at the end of the 1st half

Jan 12, 2016, 9:35 AM

Thought Bama could have been flagged for holding about 6 more times than what they were. One huge third down conversion, Wilkins was tackled when he blew up the middle, Coker rolled right and picked up the first.

Bama had the play clock down to 0 once and Saban came running down the sideline screaming for a timeout. The yellow flag display had already popped up on the screen, but of course they give him the timeout and not the penalty.

The lineman down field call when Watson dumped the ball off to Brooks, no replay was ever shown. Gore was no more than 3 yards past the line of scrimmage. He was beside every other linemen. No way he was more than 5. But Saban ####### about that all the time. It happened right in front of him. Of course they are throwing that flag.

Just felt like the refs gave Saban a little more respect than they showed Dabo. Felt like they were telling Dabo to calm down a lot.

I saw a few holding penalties that didn't get called

Jan 12, 2016, 9:40 AM

from our OL as well. Also, Gore was pretty far downfield, so I'm not surprised it was called. The refs did a pretty good job of letting them play and it was a clean game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I saw a few holding penalties that didn't get called

Jan 12, 2016, 9:46 AM

just thought they let them play when it benefited the team in red and white.

I know in reality it probably doesn't change the game, but it just felt like the refs were kinda brushing Dabo off all night and just saying "we got this". Maybe that's what they are suppose to do, but he certainly had every right to be angry.

Re: I saw a few holding penalties that didn't get called

Jan 12, 2016, 10:23 AM [ in reply to I saw a few holding penalties that didn't get called ]

Did you not think the ball that Artavis dropped was pass interference? DB made contact before the ball was there

Yep, also missed a PI on us in the endzone.

Jan 12, 2016, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I saw a few holding penalties that didn't get called ]

The clock management was bad by the refs at the end of the first half, but other than that I thought it was a well called game. Also, even with the bad clock management by the refs, we still had 9 seconds, plenty of time to run a play and then kick a FG. Not sure why we didn't run a play first.

Lots of holding and a couple of blatant PI that

Jan 12, 2016, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Other than botching the clock at the end of the 1st half ]

weren't called.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That was right in front of me. Definitely interference.***

Jan 12, 2016, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Other than botching the clock at the end of the 1st half ]

Re: The refs were bad all night, another reason to be glad Dabo is our coach

Jan 12, 2016, 9:24 AM

It not so much blown calls - it's the impact those calls had, especially the clock issues.

Replay booth needed to step in and stop play to review the 1st down and running clock at the end of the 1st half - not have a stammering ref make something up out of his rear end.

And there was A LOT of stammering all night - like the ref was being told what to say.

Still, way too many big pass plays given up - Alexander going out was the game changer.

Jan 12, 2016, 9:27 AM

And the INTENTIONAL knee shot to Watson when the Bama guy could have straight up tackled him - c'mon folks!

Jan 12, 2016, 9:26 AM

We lost the game because we gave 23 4th quarter points and we blew special teams plays. Plain and simple.

Jan 12, 2016, 9:38 AM

I am sure this has been talked about already but couldn't find it. What was different on the onside kick bama pulled vs the one we did against USC a year or so ago that got overturned. I heard Dabo mention it shortly after the game but never heard what was different. I have looked for link of USC game but couldn't find that play. Anyone hear or know?

Jan 12, 2016, 9:48 AM

The onside kick difference was that the USC player called a "fair catch" which means the ball must hit the ground or the kickoff team has to give room for the receiving team to catch it. If our player called for a fair catch it would have been downed right there tigers ball.

Jan 12, 2016, 12:10 PM

thanks!

Jan 12, 2016, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: The refs were bad all night, another reason to be glad Dabo is our coach ]

I'm just a girl, but.....the hubby said it was because the SC guy had called for a fair catch.....could that be it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 10:55 AM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the pass caught in the end zone that was called incomplete. The receiver caught the ball and took two steps and then had the ball stripped as he feel down. Not even a review was made.

Jan 12, 2016, 11:15 AM

NFLU...not calling you out but the refs were not the reason we lost last night. Complaining about the refs after a loss is a losers mentality. Just my 2 cents.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic