Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big year for the Dirtpeckers coming up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Big year for the Dirtpeckers coming up

Dec 3, 2018, 2:47 PM

Now that we are in the championship season, I know they'll be making big plans to prepare for the 50th anniversary of their 1969 ACC championship. That proud 7-4 team sadly lost to Clemson, but went on to be clobbered by West Virginia 14-3 in the Peach bowl. Still, those setbacks didn't take away any of their garnet pride.

The ##### were also toppled that year by a 3-6-1 NC State team, maybe the best 3-6-1 team in the country, that finished second in the conference. Sadly, they also fell to an underappreciated 5-5 UNC team that tied for 3rd. And don't let the fact that all 5 other conference teams went 3-7 or 4-6 overall that year, none winning more than 3 conference games, diminish USuCks crowning achievement.

So if you see a proud, mullet wearing football fan pumping your gas or serving your burger next year wearing his commemorative 1969 muscle shirt over his Alabama longjohns, you'll know for certain he's a ####!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the great irony is that their lone championship of any

Dec 3, 2018, 2:51 PM

sort is a conference championship in the conference they love to berate as weak and second rate.

They were independants for some years. Only 73 years in

Dec 3, 2018, 2:56 PM

a conference. 1 out of 73 ain't bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real question will be if any coot lurkers know enough

Dec 3, 2018, 2:57 PM

about their only championship to tell where I fudged and where I told it straight. I'm not sure fact-checking and Gamecocks go together. They're more of a "curse out loud and just throw a crushed beer can at it" kind of crowd. I'm not even sure most know they ever won a championship at all.

Re: The real question will be if any coot lurkers know enough

Dec 3, 2018, 3:15 PM

Ouu Ouu I know, I know!!!

Re: Big year for the Dirtpeckers coming up

Dec 3, 2018, 3:25 PM

ms midland inherited a set of 6 tall boy glasses from her parents with the 1969 ACC Champs and gamecock logo on them. Maybe next year is the time to sell them. ??

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic