Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The problem today stems from
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

The problem today stems from

Oct 28, 2017, 8:58 AM

Our society attempting to feminize America. Don't misunderstand.... I'm married to a strong independent women but as politically incorrect as it is to say these days, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN.

For the guys.... ever notice that time when you are casually going about your day and next thing you know you are in the dog house because of some comment, look, lack of comment, no look, lack of expression, overly expressive, or some other nebulous moment where you feel blindsided by the reaction?

Well, it sure seems we are teaching ALL of America to act in this way. It's not about what is factual, logical, or black and white. Now it's about "feelings ", listener 's perception, and the grey vagaries of moment by moment living with disregard of historical fact.

I'm raising 3 boys and one daughter. They are being raised to appreciate and recognize the beautiful differences between each other and the incredible valor of BOTH SEXES. (Yes yes.... I know that list has expanded beyond 2)

As a father of 4 it literally feels like it's me against the world.

Any dad's out there in the fight with me?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The problem today stems from

Oct 28, 2017, 9:31 AM

Keep fighting the fight. Been doing it for 21 years. You will be blessed.

Get off my lawn!

Oct 28, 2017, 9:32 AM

Go Tigers!

Not sure what it has to do with football, but

Oct 28, 2017, 9:33 AM

been there, done that, when political correctness was still a joke. It has to drive the feminists crazy that science keeps finding actual physical differences between men and women.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure what it has to do with football, but

Oct 28, 2017, 10:00 AM

Posted in AMP. Forum son not sure why it has to directly relate to football.....

Although the hypersensitive, easily offended nature of people are also seen in sports these days....

I'm with you

Oct 28, 2017, 9:56 AM

As a father of a female high school senior, I understand all of it. Luckily she has been raised in a household, and a family, where we are all comfortable playing conventional roles. While she is much more accepting of other's differences than I am (I'm 59), she still understands that there are behavioral boundaries. Picking a college has been interesting because another thing we have to look out for as parents is not sending her to a school that will fill her mind with liberal BS. After 3 years at CU summer camps, she justs wants to go to a smaller school and as much as we would like to see her at CU, it is her life, not ours. You are correct, it is like we are fighting the rest of the world just to have a traditional family.

Oct 28, 2017, 10:00 AM

This new sensitivity is causing more division between all groups of people. If I feel something it must be correct and it doesn't matter how much I disrespect someone else I have the right to express my feelings. I believe in freedom of speech to the point that Patrick Henry made with his famous quote,"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to death your right to say it."
But with freedom comes responsibility, responsibility to respect others rights. Responsibility to put others first and not live the "I" or "Me" lifestyle.
This country will be destroyed not from the outside but from inside divisions fighting against each other.

I don't believe women's (or men's) roles in society should

Oct 28, 2017, 11:57 AM

be defined or limited by traditional conventions in any way. I think those roles should be based totally on personal choice, ability, and merit. If women want to fight in combat or be firefighters, play football, lead corporations or nations, then they have every right to do so, as long as they meet the same exact standards, with no special allowances, as men. I fully support the right of women to have equal pay for doing the same exact work with the same effectiveness and efficiency. I fully support the right of women to be free of sexual harassment and assault in our society.

Having said all of that, it is absolutely preposterous to suggest that men and women are the same other than the plumbing, and not to understand that their obvious and undeniable differences are largely responsible for the way their differing roles have evolved. Speaking in very general terms, of course, but men are bigger, stronger, and more physically dangerous and violent. Women are simply more vulnerable. Like it or not, that always has and always will shape gender roles, and in many cases, it should. In fact, it would be sheer folly and very dangerous to women to pretend otherwise. There are very good, fundamental reasons that women are complaining about sexual harassment and men aren't - it's because men and women are fundamentally different in ways that go far beyond what's between their legs. A bunch of PC nonsense will not change that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

A lot of great thoughts posted in here. Thanks!

Oct 28, 2017, 3:33 PM

I didn't intend to get in to a discussion of gender roles. I do believe that there are roles that TYPICALLY are more suitable for men and vice versa (not all the time.... some exceptions) But that alone doesn't mean that the VALUE or WORTH of one is greater than another. I've taught my kids that we have unique or different roles but we are EQUAL IN VALUE.

My original thought had more to do with how easily offended we have become matched by an emotional reaction. And though it's not PC, in my experience I've primarily witnessed that in women historically..... but that seems to be changing.

The stereotype is that women "nag" or verbally attack fueled by emotion while men stereotypically shut down... process information.

Society seems to lack the ability to shut its mouth and process information and actually encourages emotional outbursts.

All my closed minded personal opinion of course.

Oct 28, 2017, 3:50 PM

Keep instilling what is right in your children. Men and women are equal but we are also different in good ways. We are completely dependent on one another and the healthy family unit is what makes a society succeed or fail as a whole. Every generation and every person ultimately searches for identity. That search takes people on a lot of different paths. Some are good. Some are bad. When that path leads you to contradict your DNA it will ultimately be a path that will cause you a lot of unnecessary heartache. I really feel for the youth that are being deceived by this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2017, 4:07 PM

Absolutely agree!

Re: The problem today stems from***

Oct 28, 2017, 4:22 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic