»
Topic: I think the losses in football have translated to little
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 2, 2014 7:51 AM by: leftie
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

I think the losses in football have translated to little

[1]
Posted: Mar 1, 2014 9:39 PM

tolerance to losing to the coots in ANYTHING. But realistically, lets wait and see what happens the rest of the season. In baseball, losing to your rival still stings but imagine if we still managed to make it to Omaha...it'd be a distant memory.

Where the worm turns for many of you will come in November when we face them in football. Start the change there, and I think the Tigers will get everything back on track. Say what you will, but I'm looking for a W against the coots, and I'm pretty confident we may get just that!

If we don't win tomorrow the meltdown one here is going to be historic.***

[2]
Posted: Mar 1, 2014 9:41 PM

Maybe with those two losses the Tigers will play loose

[1]
Posted: Mar 1, 2014 9:42 PM

They do really look tight out there...

Re: I think the losses in football have translated to little

[1]
Posted: Mar 1, 2014 9:50 PM

translation: "wait until next year", yes, we have turned into the coots. :(

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

The problem some of us older Tigers may have is

[3]
Posted: Mar 1, 2014 9:59 PM

worrying about the worms that may be turning in our graves before we righten the ship!

Therefore, my cheer is: "HURRY UP TIGERS; HURRY UP!" lol

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: The problem some of us older Tigers may have is

[2]
Posted: Mar 1, 2014 10:07 PM

They look tight on defense, that is simply an attitude thing, can flip quickly. But the fact they are playing "tight" on D so early in the season is a slight worry, though there is time to turn it around. Lord knows the baseball season is the longest of all sports in college, still tie to right the ship. SC has the mental edge over Clemson right now,of this there is no debate.

Re:S C has a big edge on us in pitching ,otherwise, about

[1]
Posted: Mar 1, 2014 11:10 PM

even except for coaching.

Re:S C has a big edge on us in pitching ,otherwise, about

Posted: Mar 2, 2014 7:40 AM

I disagree. Gossett is very good and can start for anyone. He would absolutely be in our rotation. Now for the rest of the lineup, I am not sure who you have that would start:

After watching the 2 games and having seen Duggar play in hs and college he absolutely starts but other than him I can't find a position where a Clemson player plays in front of a SC player.

I do think your young talent is very good and will make some noise but just not sure other than rf who else would start for SC.

Posted: Mar 2, 2014 1:47 AM

I think the losses in BB, 22 of 30 for the coots has translated to 1 and 5 for the FB team. South Carolina has now beaten Clemson six of the past seven, 9 of 11, 12 of 15 and 22 of 30 going back to 2006, the last year the Tigers topped the Gamecocks in the regular season and postseason series.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Mar 2, 2014 7:51 AM

If we still manage to make it to Omaha.....
That's mighty big "if".

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: 2 Tickets in Section 509, Row 10. Clemson side. $80 for the pair. Text/Call 864-363-7503. Electr...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1855 people have read this post