Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welp..so far don't see a Heisman winner for Clemson, this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Welp..so far don't see a Heisman winner for Clemson, this year.

Sep 12, 2019, 3:30 PM

I know..many of you don't care but I do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welp..so far don't see a Heisman winner for Clemson, this year.

Sep 12, 2019, 3:31 PM

I care my friend, I care. It hurts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

The problem is that we always start slow and don’t do style points.

Sep 12, 2019, 3:42 PM

Give Trevor and the offense a couple of weeks. I think it will be pretty clear that Trevor is the best player in the country and the #1 pick when he comes out just like it was at the end of the season last year. Now whether or not Heisman voters see it that way is another thing altogether.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The problem is that we always start slow and don’t do style points.

Sep 12, 2019, 3:48 PM

You don't have a couple of weeks in this day and age. People will vote as soon as the ballots go out. If you haven't put up gaudy video game numbers by now you are done. Just my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you’re wrong in TL’s case. Everyone already knows what he can do.

Sep 12, 2019, 3:53 PM

I feel like he has a lot of favor because of what he did against Bama. Of course with guys like Tua and Hurts putting up gaudy stats at blue blood schools I’m afraid you may be right. It might be too much to overcome no matter what he does from here on out.

Sep 12, 2019, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The problem is that we always start slow and don’t do style points. ]

You're totally right, I feel like without a strong start Trevor probably won't be in the lead unless the others start putting up worse numbers.

I'd say Etienne might have the best chance between the two. He should shred pretty much every defense left on our schedule. And it's been a while since there's been a RB Heisman so they mey be looking to switch it up. Reason I'd say this probably doesn't come to fruition is because we rotate backs and sub early and often to keep the starters fresh. So even if he ends up at like 15 YPC his overall TDs might not be as many as other RBs in the country. If Dabo wanted to he could make Etienne a workhorse and get him in the conversation, but that's not Dabo's style.

Sep 12, 2019, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: The problem is that we always start slow and don’t do style points. ]

While I would love for one of our lads to get it, I think the guy to watch is Jonathan Taylor the Wisconsin RB. Kid is a great back who has carried that team for 3 years.

It's not too disappointing considering Dabo's end game

Sep 12, 2019, 3:56 PM

is to build talent and depth for post season play.

Part of this coaching staff's philosophy is to start the season with simple play calls and add complexity to the same formations as the season progresses. As the talent develops, so do the complexity of plays.

This coaching staff is playing chess, not checkers, and it shows at the end of the season.

I wish Heisman voting was after bowl season/CFP so the voters would be forced to look at the entire season instead of the first half... The usual suspects play their first stringers most of the game to run up stats, and their high profile players look great, but... Their teams usually don't make it to the CFP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 4:01 PM

I care, but I care more about winning football games.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:03 PM

Are you already giving up? We're only two games into the season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

not sure they awarding it in September***

Sep 12, 2019, 4:10 PM

Sep 12, 2019, 9:21 PM

Trevor still has a chance. The season is long and the first two games will become hazy memories if he gets on a roll and clearly proves he is the best player in college football. But it's definitely an uphill climb.

Travis is done as candidate. Everybody now knows the best chance they have to slow our offense is jamming him and taking their chances defending the pass. Every defense they face the rest of the season will take this approach. He won't catch enough screen passes to make up the difference.

If you give up 6-7 five-yard runs to Travis, he'll take a couple of them to the house.

Sep 12, 2019, 11:03 PM

I stopped caring when the committee that selects the winner showed how absolutely clueless and ignorant they are about the game of football. They should be banned from the college football universe.

CLEMSON does not run this team to receive a Heisman trophy. It is a TEAM, and is not all about ONE person. That's why CLEMSON will continue to dominate the nation.

Stop worrying about the Heisman. You're wasting valuable minutes of your life.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic