Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The price of success
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,090

The price of success

Dec 12, 2016, 8:01 AM

My mother passed a few days ago and the ignorant and senseless posts from those claiming to be Tiger fans insulting and degrading Lamar Jackson and his mother have driven me to say something.

With the success we've had on (and off) the football field with this program comes the onslaught of new and active casual fans. While Tnet has had obnoxious individuals for years (the main reason I rarely post anymore), this invasion by bandwagon fans brings with it many that care nothing for morality and goodness. They are infatuated by the exploits of those from CJ Spiller to Mike Williams and Tajh Boyd to Deshaun Watson on the football field with no thought to the reasons we've been able to hold our heads high as Clemson family from day one.

One of the things that wore me down during the end of the Bowden era and Dabo Swinney's interim season and a couple after was the total disregard for the families and feelings of those involved with struggling to build this program to the heights we've now reached. With some tough times, many, on a daily basis, slandered and insulted Bowden and then Dabo until now just a few remain, albeit quietly. The fight some of us waged with those folks was the beginning of my end as an everyday active Tnetter to a lurker.

Those now insulting the Lamar Jackson family are certainly not true Tigers. Being a Clemson Tiger is much more than supporting our football or other sports teams. Its a deep-down, orange-blooded connection to a university and spirit of goodwill that exists no place else. While I'm certainly ashamed that these things have been said as a representation of Clemson supporters, I'm certain that no true Tiger would ever utter the words.

As for you folks hurling the insults, I'd much rather enjoy a day tailgating, or out to dinner, or anything else with Lamar Jackson and Felicia James than I would with you. And I'm betting most true Tigers would do the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The price of success

Dec 12, 2016, 8:56 AM

Jackson seems to be a good kid. He had nothing to do with the voting and he is a great talent.

I'm not mad at Jackson. I'm mad at the voters. Jackson had a great year but lost three games, lost head to head battle, had no conference championship, no trip to the playoff, and only one win against a team with a winning record.

I'm not critical of Jackson, but will say that there's no doubt that DW4 is a better QB and better overall player. Watson deserved to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The price of success

Dec 12, 2016, 9:13 AM

I have no doubts in my mind that Deshaun Watson should be the Heisman winner. That's not what my post was about.

Regardless of who won the Heisman, neither Lamar nor his mother deserve the insults.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,090
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic