Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The predictions are lopsided..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

The predictions are lopsided..

Nov 29, 2013, 8:19 AM

I haven't seen one prediction going our way yet. They have all been SCAR by two scores. (With the exception of Pigskin Prophet's BA detailed description)
Obviously we are biased- but what is everyone else seeing that we're not? Because I'm picking Clemson by two scores. Just seems like there would be more balance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good questions***

Nov 29, 2013, 8:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: The predictions are lopsided..

Nov 29, 2013, 8:25 AM

Like Old Lou said we have lost the last four and that means we have no chance. Just like LSU's 50-0 record for out of conference games before last years game, of course that means we can't win.

Nov 29, 2013, 8:26 AM

Everyone is basing their opinion on them being at home and the past 4 years. There is no way that they have seen both teams play and can honestly say that USCjr is 2 touchdowns better. I mean we are talking about a team that lost to TN and UGa as well as playing a bad Florida team close who in turn lost last week to a FCS team and not a good FCS team at that. So the only thing I can come up with is they are favoring them because them being at home and having the nation's longest home winning streak at 17 and the results of the past 4 years.

I've seen a few our way

Nov 29, 2013, 8:28 AM

I believe Whatif Sports has us winning. I'm too old and have seen too much to guarantee anything in sports, but I like our chances if we play well and can play our game regardless of what Scar does.

As a side note, Scars home winning streak does not include and games that impress me much with the possible exception of the thumping they put on UGA in '12. That's debatable when you look at the pathetic schedule UGA had that year.

"any"***

Nov 29, 2013, 8:33 AM

Nov 29, 2013, 8:35 AM

I don't ever know the best places for predictions... I usually just do a Google search and hope I find something. :) good to know someone other than us thinks we can pull it out!

don't forget the SEC bias where the bottom feeders

Nov 29, 2013, 8:37 AM

of that conference would be champions in all others.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

I saw Jessie predict a..........

Nov 29, 2013, 8:38 AM

Clemson victory last night on ESPN, fwiw.

Mike Belotti and Dari Nowkah both picked us

Nov 29, 2013, 8:48 AM

CFB Daily

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The FSU game....

Nov 29, 2013, 8:47 AM

In our one game since Aug. 31 that we played a "really good" team, we unleashed an enormous egg.

That's all the pundits know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ehhhh, it might be the safe bet. it's a contest between a

Nov 29, 2013, 8:49 AM

spread team on the road against an opponent that knows how & has the players to frustrate them on both sides of the ball.

they will try to make tajh uncomfortable with their pressure & play keep away with their ball control O.

they have the best ol clemson has faced since fsu. that didn't go so well either.

the crowd doesn't help clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, no, no...you've got it all wrong

Nov 29, 2013, 9:06 AM

USuCk sucks, everyone on their team sucks, the OBS doesn't know how to coach, and we can't give them credit for anything.

We should all just focus on how we're being slighted by the national media once again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

can i crack the woodford reserve first?

Nov 29, 2013, 9:09 AM

i'm going to need an excuse for going full dupey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's 9:10 am

Nov 29, 2013, 9:11 AM

what in the heck are you waiting for?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i'm sorry, my attorney says charge me or i'm out of here.***

Nov 29, 2013, 9:14 AM

Your attorney?

Nov 29, 2013, 9:19 AM

I thought I was your only one, slut

do you have that in writing?

Nov 29, 2013, 9:39 AM

it's important.

Yes, I just have to search the tnet archives***

Nov 29, 2013, 9:43 AM

waiting...***

Nov 29, 2013, 9:50 AM

I sent Crump a discovery request

Nov 29, 2013, 9:54 AM

waiting...

tmailed crump?

Nov 29, 2013, 10:02 AM

seems risky.

HOF post -- you nailed it***

Nov 29, 2013, 9:09 AM [ in reply to No, no, no...you've got it all wrong ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

jameis winston says, 'wut'?***

Apr 8, 2024, 10:48 AM

Nov 29, 2013, 8:52 AM

True that..

Nov 29, 2013, 9:00 AM

One of the things that has killed us in the past is the ball control aspect. D has got to get the O back on the field for Tajh and his troops to get his shots. On the OL, they will be the best since FSU, but FSU is a different species of animal. Hard to compare.

The D will perform better than last year...

What I would like to think is that Chad morris has dialed up some things to offset and frustrate Clowney. I don't think there is much argument that USuC was better defensively last year. It could be arguable that we were better offensively last year too.
Again, our tilt against NC State earlier this year was as close as we are going to get to what the environment is going to be. We need to do to the coots what FSU did to us. Take them out quick.

3 out of 6 CBS Sports experts picked Clemson.***

To be fair, I think 3 of them picked us because

Nov 29, 2013, 9:25 AM

they hate us and have an obvious anti-Clemson agenda

i'd imagine the last four years play a role in that......

Nov 29, 2013, 9:11 AM

regardless of venue
regardless of QB
regardless of how "good" or "bad" either team is playing

South Carolina has won by double digits four straight years

that's not to say we don't have a chance, but the recent trend isn't in our favor and I wouldn't expect an "outsider" looking at the game to think much different.

and as bad as I want to turn a blind eye

Nov 29, 2013, 9:16 AM

the national media sees: WVU in the Orange, Our game with the coots last year with a chance to go to a BCS game and FSU this year for the conference title. In HUGE games with tons on the line and a national audience we have not fared well. Thats why I say IF we pull this out we take a BIG step forward in the program.

i agree with that.***

Nov 29, 2013, 9:25 AM

UGA was huge with a national audience.***

Nov 29, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to and as bad as I want to turn a blind eye ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I know.

Nov 29, 2013, 11:18 AM

and we did well in that game. Other than starting off well though there was nothing on the line. I don't think there is a Clemson fan anywhere that would refute that the FSU game was one of the top 3 games in our history in regarding what path our future held. UGa was a great victory beating FSU would have us in the NC picture right now.

I don't look at predictions

Nov 29, 2013, 11:23 AM

99% of them are SEC biased.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic