Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame clause?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Notre Dame clause?

Sep 24, 2018, 9:49 PM

At one point didn’t they have a way of getting an ACC bowl back during BCS days and do they still have some crazy clause?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something about being able to play in the ACCCG if they are

Sep 24, 2018, 9:52 PM

ranked higher than a division champ AND they have wins over all 5 ACC teams on their schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Something about being able to play in the ACCCG if they are

Sep 24, 2018, 10:38 PM

I think it was to allow them to bump an ACC team from a higher bowl if they did whatever it was that Swoffie decided will prove that they deserve special treatment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame clause?

Sep 24, 2018, 10:35 PM

They are not a ACC FB team, and there is no way they can share in anything ACC FB. There will never be any kind of a clause that would allow that in the ACC. They were invited to bring their FB program into the ACC and they refused, so they are not entitled to anything FB related in the ACC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then how do you explain this?

Sep 25, 2018, 9:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sep 24, 2018, 10:38 PM

This will make it as clear as mud.

Notre Dame – eligible for ACC-contracted bowls. However, Notre Dame cannot be selected by an ACC bowl if there is an eligible ACC team with two or more wins than Notre Dame. For example, a 9–3 Duke team must be chosen over a 7–5 Notre Dame team. Notre Dame can play in Orange Bowl no more than twice over 12-year span, beginning in 2014, but has no limit on playing in any other New Year's Six bowls if selected. Notre Dame was ultimately selected to the 2014 Music City Bowl and 2018 Citrus Bowl (following the 2017 season) in lieu of other ACC teams. Notre Dame did not take an ACC spot in 2015 as they earned New Year's Six at-large bid to the Fiesta Bowl, and was not eligible for a bowl in 2016.

So, basically ND is the Jar Jar Binks of the ACC?***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me simplify. They can’t take

Sep 24, 2018, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame clause? ]

The champions spot in the playoff or in the Orange(this year the Peach or Fiesta). They can start taking a spot with the next bowl(if they themselves didn’t earn their own spot for NY6 or playoff) - this year, the Camping World would be the first spot they can “steal” and they would have to be within 1 overall win of the next ACC available bowl team to be eligible to leapfrog them

The playoff has nothing to do with this...

Sep 25, 2018, 1:07 AM

that is, at least allegedly, done by merit. The ACC Champion does not "have a spot" in the playoff to lose.

And Notre Dame could take the Orange Bowl slot if they have 11 or more wins but don't make the CFP.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The playoff has nothing to do with this...

Sep 25, 2018, 9:27 AM

Incorrect, the ACC new years six slot and ND's slot in the orange bowl are separate and distinct. The ACC's deal with the orange bowl states that the ACC champion or highest ranking team will be selected to the Orange bowl to play against SEC/B1G/ND. In that agreement ND can play in the orange bowl twice.

null

Sep 25, 2018, 12:51 AM

Bottom line: We need to tear up that contract and ban their butts from anything related to ACC FB. PERIOD. What idiot wrote this contract. Oh wait...that guy from UNCheat that continues to screw up the ACC and we cannot seem to get rid of him.

I'm not a fan of Swofturd. However, I can see

Sep 25, 2018, 7:45 AM

the long-term plan regarding ND. They are contractually obligated now to join only the ACC if/when they choose to affiliate with a conference for FB. That would be great for the ACC and I would give the devil his due if he actually pulls it off.

If the plan fails, then he gave more than we got in typical Swofturd fashion. Since he's not much more than UNCheat's shill, I really can't stand him. If ND becomes an ACC member in FB, however, he gets credit from me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 25, 2018, 7:43 AM

nd would not take the ACC spot in the Orange Bowl. OB takes best ACC team available vs sec or big-ish 10 or nd. So nd can be in the OB but not at the expense of the ACC.

Also, nd is Not eligible for the ACC Chap game.

Sep 25, 2018, 7:53 AM

I think if they're undefeated they automatically get a spot in the ACC Championship Game in place of the lower seeded team (Coaches Poll). The game would also have to be played at 12:00pm on NBC. Swoffie didn't do us any favors here.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic