Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The pain of the true Clemson Basketball fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

The pain of the true Clemson Basketball fan

Jan 28, 2018, 9:32 PM

I've been able to really watch Clemson basketball for 30 years now in a capacity to understand the game. I've seen Clemson play with 4 players... I've seen our guys get turned upside down on lay ups to tie or win the game with no foul called... Seen the vice versa and refs put the other team at the line with 0.1 second to shoot game winning shots... I've seen ,and this one in person, Pitt shoot a game tying shot with no time left on the game clock so the refs went to replay and it was clear as day the ball was in the Pitt players hand while the red light glared around the backboard. But they called it a good shot because there was a delay that goes shot clock ends then buzzer goes off then light on backboard lights up. Unfortunately for Clemson, and what would have been a tournament team with that game being their 20th win, the refs decided that since the red light on the backboard that lit up the opposing backboard was a fraction of a second difference that they could not make a technical call and decided overtime was good...
I've seen Lenny decide it was his mission to get control of a game by ejecting our players who were 30 feet from action... I sat and watch, again in person, Karl Hess berate Demontez Stitt, God rest Buddy's soul, for the entire length of a tv timeout while Stitt retreated continuously from Hess's advance only to be called for a tech when he asked him to quit following him...

Clemson has made many steps to get on the right side of officiating. We had Barnes... The take no prisoners guy, didn't work. Then Purnell... The we can play defense but only til the ball get to the other side of the court guy, no luck... Now BB... The kill them with kindness guy and that seems to make it easier for the stripes to do it.

This list could get as long as any list I could make so it is well past conspiracy and moved into the realm of reality. Even Vitale did a show that featured Hansborough under the basket taking 7 steps with the ball securely in his hands. That show ran many years ago. Like I said the list could go on.

I love and will continue to support our team to the fullest. I'm sure the administration is leaning on the right people but until the refs quit training with Williams and shetshevki then we are not going to get anywhere and we will always play 8 on the court.

We played 8 tonight and won despite what looked like a blatant violation of referee interference when our guards passed to each other with a couple minutes left. History repeats itself and the acc is the acc. Still got love for orange!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greatest pain ever ( and worst call) was UCONN

Jan 28, 2018, 9:40 PM

player jumping as high as he could to catch the ball with back to basket, come down, turn 180 and fire a jumper through the hoop.... all with 1 second on the throw in. Tournament loss no less.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greatest pain ever ( and worst call) was UCONN

Jan 30, 2018, 6:45 PM

I saw that game and was in shock that someone could do 3 second of moves in less than a second. Amazing amount of shams we endure in bball. Thank god for football, Drad, and Dabo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The pain of the true Clemson Basketball fan

Jan 28, 2018, 9:46 PM

You and I are in the same camp. I almost dread BB season starting and I never let myself get real hopeful. I've been pulling hard for them for fifty one years...seventeen of them living in NC. You left out the Hands off me bro game in CH when we were cheated all night in the biggest sham in athletic history....or the time they added time to the clock in Durham or tonight, when they fouled out our center when he made a perfect clean block followed by a little body contact created by both players momentum. I'll forever love Rick Barnes because he had the guts to take everyone of them on including the most arrogant coach (pre-K and Roy) whoever lived.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's one huge excuse.***

Jan 30, 2018, 6:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic