Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Muslim ban" supporters, please enlighten me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

"Muslim ban" supporters, please enlighten me.

Feb 24, 2016, 12:29 PM

I do not understand this.

How do you go about "banning Muslim immigration"?

How do you know which people are Muslim? Do you ask them? If you're counting on them to be honest, why not just ask them "Do you intend to commit a terrorist act?"

What about the people already in the US who are Muslim. Are they OK? Are only Muslims who currently are not in the US a problem?

What about people converting to Islam? Should this be allowed? Are only people who have always been Muslim a problem?

You could ban immigration from certain countries. But you can't ban individuals based on their beliefs, just from a pure practical standpoint! Right? If I'm wrong, tell me how.

I'm flabbergasted how this would be actual policy. And this is coming from someone who views Islam as a false and inherently bad religion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Muslim ban" supporters, please enlighten me.

Feb 24, 2016, 12:31 PM

Read up....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/12/17/four-ways-the-u-s-is-already-banning-muslims/

None of that answers any of my questions.

Feb 24, 2016, 12:34 PM

I did not ask whether or not Muslims were currently discriminated against.

My questions are questions of practicality. Since it's apparently already being done, can you tell me how? How do they know which ones to ban?

Re: None of that answers any of my questions.

Feb 24, 2016, 12:36 PM

The article will tell you that....

The only sentence I found that might shed light:

Feb 24, 2016, 12:38 PM

"The National Security Entry-Exit Registration System program, implemented after the 9/11 attacks, mandated that all non-immigrant males from 24 Muslim-majority countries (and North Korea) register with the government."

Is this it? Ban people from certain countries?

If I'm missing something, can you please copy and paste the portion of the article you're referring to?

Re: The only sentence I found that might shed light:

Feb 24, 2016, 2:42 PM

Don't make jhop think critically about anything. That's cruel.

Feb 24, 2016, 12:32 PM

smell their left hand and check their foreskin in the immigration line I guess.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

show them a cartoon drawing of Muhammed

Feb 24, 2016, 12:34 PM

and see if they try to kill you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe something along these lines?

Feb 24, 2016, 12:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ajNpR6bmes
Jihad Elimination Worker

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2016, 2:16 PM

Most people were upset that Trump talked about a "list" needed off all immigrants. They do need to be put on a register and really this is done anyway. We are all on a list and registered. The IRS knows every detail about my life.

I do not think anyone is saying they are not allowed. It's saying let's put a moratorium out there on certain countries until we can properly vet and truly count and register who is coming into the Country.

I think your questions are not even truly irrelevant cause no one is saying don't let anyone in that is Muslim.

From his press release

Feb 24, 2016, 2:28 PM

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on"

Nothing about countries there, just a statement about banning people of a certain religion. It certainly makes Prodigal's question relevant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From his press release

Feb 24, 2016, 2:36 PM

Did you read your own quote?

"Until our Country's Representatives can figure out what is going on."

Exactly what I said. A moratorium until we can vet everyone properly and figure out who they are and their motives for being here. We should be bringing people who have the ability to contribute and can contribute.

Re: From his press release

Feb 24, 2016, 2:37 PM

and want to contribute. My bad.

A moratorium on what? Muslims?

Feb 24, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: From his press release ]

How? This is the point of my questions.

Re: A moratorium on what? Muslims?

Feb 24, 2016, 2:48 PM

Country of origin and asking them their religion. Look at family history and known associates. Just as they do with all immigrants that go through the correct process.

OK, at least you are the first person to actually answer

Feb 24, 2016, 3:04 PM

my questions.

That seems pretty difficult to do to me. But at least it's a mechanism. Country of origin, family history, and associates can provide evidence, but really can't say what you believe.

I did

Feb 24, 2016, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: From his press release ]

His quote mentioned Muslims, not country of origin. Which was a direct response to your assertion otherwise.

Feb 24, 2016, 3:03 PM

Islam is no more false or inherently bad than your own religion. The good Christian loves his fellow people as he loves himself. Your view, and you are entitled to it, is I think part of the problem that keeps us from living in peace. My regards.

Go reverent Tigers, respect the views of others.

If you believe A, and A is not equal to B, then

Feb 24, 2016, 3:07 PM

by default, you believe B is false. If you believe the sky is blue, then you necessarily believe that someone's belief that the sky is yellow is false. So if one claims to believe in the Gospel, but doesn't believe Islam is false, then by definition, they don't really believe in the Gospel.

The part about it being inherently bad is a different thing, but I stand by my statement.

Point of clarity: I believe any false religion is inherently

Feb 24, 2016, 3:08 PM

bad. The falseness makes it bad.

That said, I do believe there is a violence intertwined in Islam, that is unlike other major religions.

I don't think that "respecting the views"

Feb 24, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: "Muslim ban" supporters, please enlighten me. ]

Is the same as saying that the other view is true or good. Respecting the vies of others means living and let living with them and leaving each other to pursue their conscience within the bounds of what is legal.

Calling something wrong or false isn't keeping us from living in peace. Folks (on either or both sides) of an argument refusing to live in peace in them midst of folks who vocally oppose their views is the issue there.

Re: I don't think that "respecting the views"

Feb 24, 2016, 3:28 PM

I do not understand either your or Prodigal's reply. I contend that no one religion is better or worse than any other major religion. There is no concrete evidence to refute my contention. If so, please post it.

Go clean living Tigers respect all nations and all religions.a

And I respect that you disagree with Prodigal

Feb 24, 2016, 3:33 PM

But the point I was making is that disagreeing with something is not the same as not respecting the rights of an individual to believe that thing.

You do not have to accept the theory that all views are equally true to respect others that disagree.

My religion, true or false, demands that I live in peace

Feb 24, 2016, 4:12 PM [ in reply to I don't think that "respecting the views" ]

with all men. So I try to do that.

On top of the list of things that are inherently bad:

Feb 24, 2016, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: "Muslim ban" supporters, please enlighten me. ]

TheProdigal

Fortunately, Jesus and his Gospel are inherently and infinitely good and perfect.

Feb 24, 2016, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: "Muslim ban" supporters, please enlighten me. ]

Wow you've got some research to do....

Start here and you'll see plenty of evidence that Christianity is not only based on faith but fact. Islam and the others not so much.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Case-Christ-Journalists-Investigation/dp/0310339308

Feb 24, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: "Muslim ban" supporters, please enlighten me. ]

Their religion preaches hate, not mine. Never been to a Methodist church that tells people to kill Ilamic, Jewish, Buddhists....and anyone else.

Their religion directly calls on believers to kill the non-believer. So no, its not my belief that is causing all the hate and turmoil. Its simply theirs and the child molesting, thief of a Prophet they follow.

Feb 24, 2016, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: "Muslim ban" supporters, please enlighten me. ]

Last time I checked, Christians are not doing this on beaches of Carolina or California....

Take you PC bullshizz and shove it.

Feb 24, 2016, 6:03 PM

seems terrorist acts have quite an impact on the feeble minded.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic