Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The "one year sit-out" went away with Josh Belk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,322

The "one year sit-out" went away with Josh Belk

Dec 18, 2018, 10:43 PM

Was listening to Mark Packer today. He was opining that schools and the NCAA would likely soon do away with the one year policy because of legal challenge costs negative pub. Pretty obvious CU didn't want to press the issue even with a no name like Josh Belk.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The "one year sit-out" went away with Josh Belk

Dec 18, 2018, 10:45 PM

Will ruin the sport

Dec 18, 2018, 10:49 PM

Don’t like it...

Lard ### used his mother’s serious medical condition as an excuse to cut corners and scheme. He took visits to other programs and attended a fckn game at Clemson in the stands. They need to make these quitters sit out a full season and also Continue the list of schools they can’t transfer to at the coach’s discretion (min 5)...The #### this ###### head got away with was criminal. Liar.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 19, 2018, 12:31 AM

I think SEC schools can still restrict transfers within the SEC. Conferences have rules that can be more restrictive than the NCAA. They just removed the rule that graduate transfers within the SEC had to sit out a year.

https://es.pn/2xwybt2

He got to play, just a little

Dec 19, 2018, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Re: The "one year sit-out" went away with Josh Belk ]

then burned the red shirt anyway. Muschamp must have promised not to redshirt him, because that was a stupid move.

well he basically did sit out a year***

Dec 19, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The "one year sit-out" went away with Josh Belk ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Belk's "legal challenge" was a complete sham

Dec 18, 2018, 11:28 PM

Dabo was bound by NCAA rules, ethics and good taste to say nothing more than the player was leaving the program and wish him well.

Belk hired the lawyer to make it look like Clemson was trying to hold him to his commitment when the truth was that he didn't want Muschamp to know that Dabo wasn't going to do a thing to stop him from leaving. He was in fact glad to be rid of him and didn't give a rat's hindquarters where he went next.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now precedent is set

Dec 19, 2018, 12:20 AM

So when Harvey Lipschutz comes knocking talking about legal precedent set with Mr. Belk... CU's attorneys gonna think twice.. this issue is well beyond the HC's and AD's doors at this point... and/or.. CU will have to generally follow whatever recruiting policy their competition adheres to

NO.***

Dec 19, 2018, 2:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we're on the way to very loose transfer rules

Dec 19, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Now precedent is set ]

but I don't think the Belk situation has anything to do with it.

Even though he hired the lawyer, I don't think he ever filed any court papers. He was just a mouthpiece hired to make it look like Clemson was trying to hold onto him so Muschamp would still want him.

If there are any reasonable chicken fans out there, I think they have figured out by now that they won the booby prize.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 12:05 AM

That's the way the NCAA works with the sec, anything they can do to help, even with allowing them to sign 30-35 players every season!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,322
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic