Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The one thing that worries me the most about Sat night and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,617

The one thing that worries me the most about Sat night and

Oct 27, 2016, 10:09 AM

I think could be the X-factor in whether we win or lose is FSU's ability in the short passing game. Our weakness on D is covering backs out and Jimbo does a great job of getting Dalvin Cook in space. I think we can win by letting Dalvin get his 125+ and a TD in the run game, but the key is getting them off the field on 3rd and 7 and in. Hopefully Jalen Williams being back will help that. Also expect to see a lot more of Korrin Wiggins and K'Von Wallace in the nickel to help cover the flats and short passing game. Thoughts?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The one thing that worries me the most about Sat night and

Oct 27, 2016, 10:18 AM

Agree tight ends and backs seem to give the defense trouble. Teams seem to target Boulware because of his coverage skills or lack of speed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2016, 10:34 AM

Mostly lack of size and range

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2016, 10:21 AM

I agree we can't afford to have backs on our backers the entire game we will need to play some zone and hope our pass rush gets to the QB

They only scored 17 against Wake***

Oct 27, 2016, 10:31 AM

Re: They only scored 17 against Wake***

Oct 27, 2016, 10:41 AM

That doesnt mean anything. How many did we score against nc st and troy. Any given saturday can be completely different from the one before.

They gifted Wake some turnovers....I expect both teams

Oct 27, 2016, 10:56 AM [ in reply to They only scored 17 against Wake*** ]

bring their "A" game. If either team doesn't play up to their potential (I'm talking execution and ball security here), it will be a long night for them.

In general terms though, the trend for them this year has been to start slow offensively for several of their games. I gotta think though that they looked hard at the NC State film and will use TE's and cook out of the back field more than we care to see. I think DW4 has to take over this game - and I really believe he will.

We are due to have a game where it all comes together. The media makes it sound like it's FSU's time to put it all together, without really giving consideration to our team's motivation.

They weren't scared to go into Auburn. No fear of GT and that house of horrors that it's been. Put on an outstanding road performance at BC. It's almost as if this team feeds off the adversity of being on the road. Really think there is something there too about the defense being able to communicate without crowd noise (although I'm sure they'd rather be at home!!).

Our offense must step up and take control of the game. We...

Oct 27, 2016, 11:02 AM

have put entirely too much pressure the D so far this year. Time for the offense to be as advertised.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen to this ^^^^^^^***

Oct 27, 2016, 11:04 AM

Re: Our offense must step up and take control of the game. We...

Oct 27, 2016, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Our offense must step up and take control of the game. We... ]

ABSOLUTELY AGREE! other than BC game our OFF has just not been as good as they should be.. part of Lou game fits this good as also

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They only scored 17 against Wake- we'll get all they've

Oct 27, 2016, 11:20 AM [ in reply to They only scored 17 against Wake*** ]

got. Not their half a-ed effort against WF or Lou

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2016, 10:44 AM

With lb man coverage skills having been an issue in multiple games this year I'm trying to figure out how O'Daniels snaps are dwindling. He's the most athletic of our LBs.

BV is the man, just an outside looking in thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Maybe we see him more this week? This is killing my

Oct 27, 2016, 11:06 AM

efficiency at work. I feel like I'm partly to blame for the NC State close call because my own give a care factor that week was low (arrogant fan). ;)

Oct 27, 2016, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The one thing that worries me the most about Sat night and ]

I don't know the actual numbers on O'Danials snaps. But I definitely think he could have a big game in containing Cook.

Oct 27, 2016, 11:24 AM

Here's a link to season stats that includes the participation chart.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/fls/28500/pdf/football/2016-17/Stats.pdf?&DB_OEM_ID=28500

Since playing 56 snaps against GT(in which he had a GREAT game) he's gone for 26, 33, 11 in the following games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

duh...less snaps = less

Oct 27, 2016, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: The one thing that worries me the most about Sat night and ]

film for Jimbo to study. Even armchair coaches know that. It's all about the long con for BV

Oct 27, 2016, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: The one thing that worries me the most about Sat night and ]

You are dead on. I've wondered the same thing many times this season.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 27, 2016, 10:45 AM

Clemson is ranked #9 in 3rd down conversion pct defense. We're built for this! :)

I think stop turning the ball over will go a long way.***

Oct 27, 2016, 10:55 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:The thing that worries me the most about Sat night- horse

I worry what the horse might drop on the field. will be a shame to knock Cook and Francois into that. NOT!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cook only caught 1 ball against us last year

and he's only caught 21 on the season in 2016. IMO, they don't use cook enough in the passing game. Hopefully they don't realize that this week.

Why do you think that is the case?

Oct 27, 2016, 11:15 AM

I'm worried that they will do exactly that - utilize him more in space. Were they leaving him in to protect vs pressure?

Re: Why do you think that is the case?

Oct 27, 2016, 11:17 AM

I think some of the reason they arent is due to the OL being bad. They need extra help in protection.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Must be. And looking at their advanced stats

Oct 27, 2016, 11:29 AM

it's surprising to see that they don't seem to be getting as much pressure up front with the talent they have?

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2016/10/26/13416284/florida-state-clemson-game-2016-preview-prediction-stats

We've got to stop turning the ball over so we can.....

Oct 27, 2016, 11:18 AM

get our offense on track. Then I see us outscoring them to where it won't matter what their offense can do. We may be in trouble in a low scoring game.

Also, our offense needs to get on a roll to take their crowd out of the game. And we need to play 4 quarters with our foot on the gas the whole time.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,617
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic