Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching Pitt game and getting mad all over again at the hortible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Watching Pitt game and getting mad all over again at the hortible

Jul 29, 2017, 2:10 PM

Officiating. We should have played a lot better but I've never seen the zebras give another team so much help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching Pitt game and getting mad all over again at the hortible

Jul 29, 2017, 2:13 PM

The head ref was a University of South Carolina graduate who shouldn't have been allowed to officiate a Clemson game.

Jul 29, 2017, 2:17 PM

I forgot about that. Can an ACC coach request at least one referee to never officiate their games?

I believe that entire crew has been banned.***

Jul 29, 2017, 4:07 PM

The officials must have possessed the Pitt OC

Jul 29, 2017, 2:20 PM

body then. That cat took us to school. Some very clever play calling, combined with our bad play... no excuses. They deserved to win that game.

Re: The officials must have possessed the Pitt OC

Jul 29, 2017, 3:28 PM

No they didn't deserve to win that game. We played bad true enough, but that doesn't excuse the phantom pass interference called on us when we stopped them on third down. Then they score a TD on the next play. Or unnecessary roughness penalty that they called that wasn't. Every time we stopped them the refs would throw a flag. Yet they still needed a last second fg to win. They did not deserve to win.

Re: The officials must have possessed the Pitt OC

Jul 29, 2017, 3:44 PM

The tigers played bad, I'll give em that. But you take away those terrible calls by the refs and we win the game. Simple as that. Just saying.

As you said, "then the score a TD on the next play"... We

Jul 29, 2017, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: The officials must have possessed the Pitt OC ]

had an opportunity to stop them and did not. That's on us. You can't be results oriented with regard to the refs. If we win the game, no one is talking about the refs. No one wants to talk about the nc state game - because we won the game. We were in line to lose that one, and got very lucky when their kicker forgot how to kick. Bottom line, we play better, we probably win the Pitt game. We have better play calls down the stretch, better coaching, we probably win.

That's on "us"?

Jul 29, 2017, 5:16 PM

SCU didn't play Pitt last year.
Coot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

you are correct.we had 135yds in penalties against GT ,the

Jul 30, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to As you said, "then the score a TD on the next play"... We ]

other game that the Coot, refed against us. nobody talked about that game cuz we won. We had over 100yds penalties in both of those games & averaged 40 something yds. in all other games.To add insult,most fantom calls came on 3rd & long to keep drives alive when we stopped them

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are wrong. We had the momentum taken from us on

Jul 29, 2017, 3:55 PM [ in reply to The officials must have possessed the Pitt OC ]

multiple occasions by bad calls. They played a good game offensively, but Pitt had plenty of help by a USuC grad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Jul 29, 2017, 3:39 PM

Why are you even bring this up.That game was 8 months ago.Maybe you care to swap that game for, say the one we played on Jan.9th 2017.
Officiating is part of the game.You win some,you lose some.
Get over it.

Because he is watching the replay on ESPN and he was reminde

Jul 29, 2017, 4:10 PM

d of how badly we got screwed.

our saving grace was we managed to lose that game on

Jul 29, 2017, 4:13 PM

black Saturday. Washington, Michigan, and somebody else (Ohio State maybe?) managed to all lose on the same day, which kept us from being punished by the pollsters.

Jul 29, 2017, 4:15 PM

Every game that crew called last year that involved us, they consistently made questionable pass interference calls on us and consistently let obvious pass interference on our opponents go. I have heard that the league will not let them call our games in the future. I sure hope this is true.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jul 30, 2017, 10:38 AM

> Every game that crew called last year that involved
> us, they consistently made questionable pass
> interference calls on us and consistently let
> obvious pass interference on our opponents go. I have
> heard that the league will not let them call our
> games in the future. I sure hope this is true.

It is indeed true. It wasn't nearly far enough. That ref wasn't just a USC grad, in his primary job he had a consulting business that had Pitt as one of his clients, which is about as clear a conflict of interest as you can get. He did not belong on that field in any way, shape, or form, and an honest man would have recused himself.

Jul 30, 2017, 11:03 AM

Even with the bad calls we had 2 plays and 1 yard to win the game and we did not get it done. We can complain about the calls but in the end it was 1 yard that made the biggest difference in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our beloved Tigers had been in need of some medicine

Jul 30, 2017, 10:59 AM

for their lack-of-focus-itis that seemed to have plagued them for the season up to that point.
It seemed to me that our guys knew they were good enough to overcome any deficit so they didn't put every effort into minimizing adversity.
That Pitt game was excellent medicine.
I agree with the OP that the officiating was extremely poor, but I also believe that had our Tigers escaped that day with a win, the probability of each of us being able to proudly wear our awesome championship swag is greatly diminished.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont care won natty

Jul 30, 2017, 11:13 AM

HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will care if we get that crew again

Jul 30, 2017, 11:54 AM

We got lucky a bunch of other teams list that weekend. And ultimately maybe it belief is focus.
But I still never want that crew again.

Absolutely

Jul 30, 2017, 12:18 PM

We better not have them again

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic