Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The offense needs to be aggressive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

The offense needs to be aggressive

Sep 11, 2018, 12:02 AM

We should have scored more then 28 points. In the second half we marched down the field two consecutive times for touchdowns because we were aggressive. I noticed on those drives there weren't any bubble screens. Frankly, I'm tired of seeing the screens. Hopefully, we'll start using the athletes we have on offense and actually push the ball down the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The offense needs to be aggressive

Sep 11, 2018, 12:07 AM

I couldn't agree more, the screens drive me crazy.

Sep 11, 2018, 12:17 AM

The 2017 national champions (Alabama) averaged 32 points per game. We scored 28 (should have been 35 without the fumble) on the road in front of 104,000 fans and against a coach who has played us every year Dabo has been our head coach.

We should have scored more?! How much more? 55? 100? What would have been enough?

Sep 11, 2018, 12:24 AM

My point is that I think we rely on the screens too much and it slows our offense down.

Sep 11, 2018, 1:08 AM

Why isn't Tavein feaster getting any playing time? He is such a weapon.

Sep 11, 2018, 9:46 AM

Why isn't Tavein feaster getting any playing time?

Because our passing game is not being respected. We run screens to keep the OLBs and safties out of the box. When the defense respects the screen game, it opens up the deep ball down the middle. Once the defense respects the screens and the deep ball, the game can be all Feaster/Etienne/Choice on dive and off-tackle.

We have to get the screen game going with good blocking, then throw the TE out behind the screen and then the slot slant or TE in the seam...... which will then open up the 9 go route or deep slant. If we can get those plays going, we can beat the world.

Sep 11, 2018, 8:48 AM

I swear if it was raining $100 bills some of you would complain because you had to bend over and pick them up.

413 yards against a good defense, on the road in front of 104,000 fans, in the rain.

If the A&M Qb and receivers don’t get a few answered prayers on some passes that 9/10 times don’t get caught, this board would look a lot different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic