Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Perfect Storm: Tigers down Irish 24-22
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: The Perfect Storm: Tigers down Irish 24-22

Oct 3, 2015, 11:55 PM

The Perfect Storm: Tigers down Irish 24-22

A never-say-die defense, an orange-clad crowd that rallied behind the defense time and time again in a driving rainstorm and a gutsy stop on a two-point conversion with seven seconds to play all helped lead No. 11 Clemson to a 24-22 victory over No. 6 Notre Dame in front of 82,415 soaked fans in Death Vallley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rain, sleet or snow. Tiger nation shows!***

Oct 3, 2015, 11:57 PM

co-OC's

Oct 3, 2015, 11:59 PM

Great win but these co-OC's need a butt chewing!

They need to sort that out, losing Williams really shows

Oct 4, 2015, 12:02 AM

too. Hunter Renfrow is the only receiver I know is going to catch the ball. The days of Sammy and Nuk are over.

Re: co-OC's

Oct 4, 2015, 12:04 AM [ in reply to co-OC's ]

You are right on! Play calling once we got the lead was horrible. Play to win the game! Don't play not to lose

Oct 4, 2015, 12:10 AM

Totally agree.....If we lost that game I was placing the blame squarely on the OC's play calling. Far too conservative for most of the 4th quarter. Should have cost us the game, but ND kept shooting themselves in the feet.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:24 AM

Totally agree about the way-too-conservative play calling. Run, run, run up the middle, time after time, for little or no gains throughout the second half. Was watching the game here in Colorado, and was having fit. Rather, OC's, what about trying some short passes out to the flats, that worked well in the first several games. Geeze.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we won

Oct 4, 2015, 12:31 AM

##### on Monday. Celebrate today.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Re: co-OC's ]

Conservative? Stupid play calling, Clemson has to keep their tempo to be successful, they are trimmed that way. Playing on time, having Gallman time and time again going through the middle will not work. Playing scared lifts the oponents spirit. That's not good enough for the National Title.

Well said**

Oct 4, 2015, 1:32 AM

Nn

Oct 6, 2015, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: co-OC's ]

With the Leprechauns stacking the line I'm surprised the Tigers did not try some short hits over the middle, where there was plenty of space. Artavis or just about any Clemson receiver could have taken a quick pass and then run forever, just like the Leprechauns were doing. Jeff and Tony should have more fun with the talent Clemson has. My guess is they open it up more this week against the Peachy Boys from Atlanta.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: co-OC's ]

You literally took the words right outta my mouth. Lets not go back to scoring 7 points and then just "holding on" until the lead is gone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 12:20 AM [ in reply to co-OC's ]

Yep..took the foot off the pedal way too early and almost cost us the win.

Oct 4, 2015, 1:10 AM

the 4th quarter was so predictable for us it was gut-wrenching to watch. Why did we stop throwing the ball completely - obviously ND didn't and was successful!

In such a close game, trading field goals for touchdowns creates situations just like tonight where luck was on our side and not the Irish this time!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Perfect Storm: Tigers down Irish 24-22

Oct 4, 2015, 12:04 AM

Ballgame over lol go home ND dang that's a long ride back home to think about that lost

Oct 4, 2015, 2:49 AM

If the loss bothers them as much as all most giving the game away does me, they will be really hurting on their trip back to Indiana!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 12:11 AM

Did espn and abc censor dabo on his post game interview??? If so, we need to boycott them or screw them!

Oct 4, 2015, 12:24 AM

Yeah that was very odd!

Re: The not so perfect play calling

Oct 4, 2015, 12:27 AM

I hope that Tony Elliott came down to the field after the game and personally carried every defensive player and defensive coach off the field on his shoulders. With pitiful play calling he just about beat Clemson himself. I just don't understand how an OC can be that scared to keep the foot on the gas. Please, turn the players loose and turn the plays loose. Quit being predictable.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:47 AM

With all respect, I, too, wondered about the play calling. However, I recall a shot of Tony Elliot up in the box late in the 4th where he was sitting back in his chair with his arms folded and his chin down and totally reserved... he had a look of frustration in his attitude, i.e.: the look of a man being over ruled one too many times. Just my impression, and maybe my imagination, but there may have been some conflict in play calling, or overall strategy between the coaches. We'll never know, but I'm hesitant to put it all on one, or two coaches in particular. I just hope they can all get on the same page with a single minded strategy - quickly! I'd rather be lucky than good, any day, but luck has a habit of running out sooner than later.

Go Tigers!

Oct 4, 2015, 2:55 AM

If that is the case, Dabo should without hesitation put a stop to it yesterday. Two people shouldn't be calling the same game period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 12:28 AM

The Ofence coach's have sucked badly tonight one back could have helped out and his number was called once. But both of you need to study this game because y all almost lost the game

Rediculous, clearly the better team won but..........

Oct 4, 2015, 12:32 AM

On the drive that Watson threw the interception in the end zone, Gallman was getting 4-6 yard per carry. Just keep feeding him until it doesn't work anymore and burn the clock. Run,run, run and hopefully score and the game is over. The OC's almost lost this game, they need to buy Venables some drinks because, once again he is the MVP. Tough game is behind us, Go Tigers!

Re: Rediculous, clearly the better team won but..........

Oct 4, 2015, 12:52 AM

Totally agree. That pass was a really bad play call when we needed to run the clock. Even I know that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Rediculous, clearly the better team won but.......... ]

I agree with you. I'm glad they got win but the O is loaded players and their really not utilizeing the talent we have. We basically only have about 5 plays. Defense will not be able to them all moving forward. What too conservative. It's time to start opening it up. Not really sold on the new coordinators.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:16 AM

What happened to Peake?....not having Williams shows. Happy with the win, but we almost gave it back to them. Playbook needs to be opened wider.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:59 AM

The play calling looks as though they are still on page one!!!

Oct 4, 2015, 3:19 AM

You play to win the game! Play calling was conservative in the driving rain and that's fine. We trust our defense. If it was just a little more conservative we may drive down and go up 28-3. Never going to complain about a win! ND is a good team and we just beat them. Enjoy it!

Our offensive line played great and grew up tonight against

Oct 4, 2015, 12:48 AM

A very tough defensive line. I think in a game in driving rain you have to realize that turnovers happen when you go to your passing game. The way the whole team played as young as this team is in a driving rain against a very good defense I think we did very well. We won the turnover margin 4-1. That's the difference and the reason the offensive coordinators were very conservative.

We are moving on up in the polls. We are in a great position with a team that will only get better! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 4, 2015, 1:00 AM

Thank you for saying it...Playing scared just isn't any fun. The players deserve to let it hang out and go for the win they were capable of. Open the playbook Coach Elliot!!! Stop these UGLY wins!!!

Oct 4, 2015, 1:12 AM

It doesn't make sense to have all of these top notch WRs and only have one with five touches and and five others only having 1 or 2, glad we won but we could have easily blown them out

Oct 4, 2015, 4:17 AM

We beat the #6 team in the nation and most ppl are posting negative comments, y'all are insane, enjoy the win!!!!!!

Yep! Hard to believe all the complaining after a win over

Oct 4, 2015, 11:31 AM

the #6 team in the country weather the nasty weather clearly affected the play calling.

Enjoy the win! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: How should the "Orange" play?

Oct 4, 2015, 2:34 PM

How should the "Orange" play? I watched the "Orange" in Jacksonville but was missing the Paw on their helmets ...

Re: Yep! Hard to believe all the complaining after a win over

Oct 4, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Yep! Hard to believe all the complaining after a win over ]

I agree...lets give the Tigers their due...we won the game...the weather was especially bad in the 4th quarter. Gallman could not do much because they was expecting the run. We needed some good plays designed for situations like this was. Any way like you said we won the game. Go Tigers and except for two plays we would have 14 more poinst. the int. and the dropped pass in the end zone.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic