Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NO SEC BIAS HERE...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,441

NO SEC BIAS HERE...

Aug 12, 2015, 7:30 AM

I read yesterday that an 8-3 Auburn should be in the playoffs this year. WHAT THE HE!! ???

ESPN is laying the groundwork to get the SEC relevant again after last year's bowl fiascos. Consider this: The "Top 10" SEC teams went 0-3 against Power 5 conferences last year. This was "The Best of the Best" in the SEC, "the most powerful conference in college football today". While that statement is true (they ARE the most powerful when it comes to advertising, commercialization, and TV airtime) but they are no longer the most powerful on the field.

In the three bowl games mentioned above, the average score for these games was roughly 45-24, with non-SEC teams winning each game. Wait a minute. The three best teams out of "the best conference in the nation" allowed 45 points to be put up on them? And they only scored an average of 24 points a game with the best offenses in the country playing against "inferior" defenses?

The days of "we beat ourselves to death playing within our own conference" is over for the SEC, as evident that they are scared to play Power 5 teams outside their conference, and when they do, they often lose.

Hoping the next 5 to 10 years will expose the myth of the current "SEC greatness" and force ESPN to get off the SEC bandwagon. They ride it harder that the Coots do!

A "one loss" ACC team WILL still make the playoffs, let's hope it's CLEMSON! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NO SEC BIAS HERE...

Aug 12, 2015, 7:32 AM

I'm not hoping for Clemson to lose a game...but do get your point! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

while I wish you were right...

Aug 12, 2015, 7:48 AM

A lot of things would have to happen for a one loss ACC team to get in IMO...I think you would have to have no undefeated teams and we would have to have to some big wins with our only loss coming to maybe a ND or highly ranked FSU in a close game (prob ND since it is earlier), then we would have to hope maybe GT is highly ranked and we beat them in the ACCCG. I believe the ACC is getting better as a whole but you cant deny that the media and everyone else still looks down on us. A one loss Pac 12 one loss Big 12 and one loss Sec would get in before us. We would just have to hope no one else goes undefeated. I say we just win em all to take away all doubt! Go TiGgers

The most absolute way to expand the CFB playoff

Aug 12, 2015, 8:20 AM

Is for the SEC to be on the outside looking in. These smug azzes believe they are entitled to ATLEAST one spot. When that somehow doesn't happens, watch for the eSECpn homers and the throngs of pro-SEC media to clamber for an immediate change! We(ACC) are the one projected to be left out so I have to assume the "powers that be" have already made up their minds so unless we, Clemson, goes undefeated and our winning margin is remarkable, those whinny baby's from the rogue BIG12 will be ushered in to make all right with the CFB world. This entire playoff is a total sham if conference affiliations (ATLEAST within the power 5) mean nothing and the committee just picks their favorites. It's scary, 13 people control the fate of CFB and can annoying their favorites and banish the rest to fight for $$$, recruits and general respect. Just my take, at least this mornings take.

They proved they belong by losing every major bowl game.***

Aug 12, 2015, 8:41 AM

Re: The most absolute way to expand the CFB playoff

Aug 12, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to The most absolute way to expand the CFB playoff ]

you are exactly right ...i dont agree at all i just have a feeling we will be left out unless we go undefeated or some things happen that last weekend like an upset and our only loss is early to say ND close...it sucks because its all based on conference perception instead of how good a team is... we will have to see how it shakes out but it seems like this will be no diff the hype certain conferences get over others even when they have an epic meltdown out of conference ;)

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,441
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic