Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The missing piece is right under your noses, people...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

The missing piece is right under your noses, people...

Apr 9, 2018, 5:19 PM

...and it's NOT the quarterback.

The missing piece...the thing that is going to win us another championship this year...is IMPROVEMENT!

And not just at the QB spot (although KB will be improved from last year). We had a ton of super young talent last year...Etienne, Higgins, Rodgers, Terrell, Smith, Simmons, Kelly, Chalk, Pinckney, Spires, etc. And they ALL have a year of experience and improvement under their belts.

If not for 2 fluke plays last year, we beat Alabama and we're playing in our 3rd consecutive national championship game. That same team is back intact, except this time, it's experienced and improved!

Trust the coaches! They see every one of these players EVERY SINGLE DAY. There's a reason they get paid millions upon millions to coach this team and we don't. And there's a reason ESPN favors us by 12+ in every game on our schedule.

I CAN'T WAIT to see what this team does this year. It's gonna be hell on earth for our opponents, and that includes Alabama...no matter who plays QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The missing piece is right under your noses, people...

Apr 9, 2018, 5:36 PM

It must be nice living in your reality free world. Down here, we are praying for a QB change because Kelly Bryant and the QB draw offense is not going to be effective against Alabama.

Apr 9, 2018, 5:37 PM

The ACCCG says hello

Apr 9, 2018, 5:43 PM

??? Alabama will never play in the ACC CG.

The wildcat offense doesn't work against defenses at their level.

Apr 9, 2018, 5:45 PM

Found Juan!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: The missing piece is right under your noses, people... ]

We'd never play Alabama without that ACCCG , so what's your point ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 9, 2018, 9:36 PM

What's your point?

We could have started Christian Wilkins at QB and still would have rolled the U. The QB was completely irrelevant in that game.

Apr 9, 2018, 10:53 PM

I don't think CW at QB would cut it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is a power ranger

Apr 10, 2018, 10:25 AM

he can do what he pleases ;)

Apr 10, 2018, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: The missing piece is right under your noses, people... ]

You can't be serious. I guess you forget all about the Cuse game. We have seen what happened last year without KB.

Apr 10, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: The missing piece is right under your noses, people... ]

Whatttt, Miami had only lost 1 game when we played them, and BV called near a perfect game against them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The missing piece is right under your noses, people... ]

If you think that loss was solely on Bryant, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Also, some of you have been brainwashed by Watson and expect Watson-esque performances from him every week.

TTT...can you really blame us. We are spoiled!***

Apr 9, 2018, 10:51 PM

Re: TTT...can you really blame us. We are spoiled!***

Apr 10, 2018, 11:51 AM

Nothing wrong with that, I like being spoiled!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are the odds we even play Alabama this year?***

Apr 10, 2018, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: The missing piece is right under your noses, people... ]

Re: What are the odds we even play Alabama this year?***

Apr 10, 2018, 11:52 AM

Huge!!!

I don't think you understand what that word means .."reality"***

Apr 10, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: The missing piece is right under your noses, people... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Agree with your analysis, except for one thing.

Apr 9, 2018, 5:56 PM

"If not for 2 fluke plays last year, we beat Alabama . . ."

In watching the Sugar Bowl what I saw was a Clemson O-line that really couldn't handle Alabama's D-line. (That's no knock on our players - it isn't like any other team outside of Auburn could block them any better than we could!) And it wasn't just a couple of plays, though it was a single play - that interception in the 3rd quarter - that enabled the Crimson Tide to break open what had been a close game. Now that's not to say that we won't be a lot better on the O-line, with players having a year of growth, development & experience under their belts, & with Mitch Hyatt opting to return for his senior season & Jackson Carman coming in.

Personally, I was thrilled with our 2017 season - our coaches came up with a run-first offensive scheme that best utilized the talent we had, we earned a 3rd consecutive ACC title & CFP berth, & we showed the college football world that the Clemson Tigers aren't going away. In 2017 we relied on our defense, played field-position football & used our superior depth to wear down opposing defenses. That was good enough to win 12 games, but not nearly good enough to beat Alabama. Even though we had an efficient offense last year, I never thought we were entirely convincing as a power-running team.

I believe we may have the pieces to contend for another national title this year. But to get over that last hump, we'll need to be stronger at the line of scrimmage, need better pass-blocking from our running backs & need some more consistency out of our quarterback (whether that's KB stepping up or TL stepping in).

In any case, I can hardly wait for the season to begin. Go Tigers!

Logic, facts, and patience have no place around here***

Apr 9, 2018, 5:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree with your analysis, except for one thing.

Apr 9, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Agree with your analysis, except for one thing. ]

Isn’t that the truth. Good post and I concur. Hey, I’ve been pro hj or tl but even if we do go with kb, it has to be the offense from the 4 yrs prior.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2018, 6:03 PM

"If not for 2 fluke plays last year, we beat Alabama"

I don't know which game you were watching but we got dominated from start to finish.

Apr 9, 2018, 6:29 PM

Figured you’d get td for that but honestly folks, we got dominated by the defense. Our d was up to the task. We shut down hurts about as good as they did kb... almost because we gave them such short fields.

Come on, call it what it was. Don’t mean you’re not a great fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called oranged-colored lenses K2 ...

Apr 9, 2018, 6:50 PM

Will be a long Spring and Summer until KB starts the Furman and Tx A&M games, and every play will be scrutinized. This may be the most talented Clemson team in our history including 1981 and 2016 ... will be interesting to watch it play out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's called oranged-colored lenses K2 ...

Apr 9, 2018, 9:39 PM

So let's not squander the talent by starting the 4th best QB on the roster solely due to "seniority" and stubbornness.

Apr 10, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: The missing piece is right under your noses, people... ]

Not saying if we would have won or not but it would have been much closer if KB would have got that ball off a split second quicker or if somebody would have blocked on that first int. We had weathered the storm and were driving.

Ra'd to Queen Tiger for jokey post.***

Apr 9, 2018, 6:27 PM

Apr 9, 2018, 6:42 PM

We were a year early, and this year they will finish the job. As a team they did more than was expected by most. It was just a several plays that cost them the game. They were in it until 3rd quarter interception. It is water under the bridge. I am looking forward to another 10+ win season and a chicken kickin in Nov. I believe that our coaches and players will take care of the field, and all these Tigernet coaches need to apply with athletic department. I heard that they are hiring jock strap gatherers.

Apr 9, 2018, 10:18 PM

(Cue Richard Lewis in Robin Hood: Men in Tights)

I'm missing a piece?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHVN21gYm30

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2018, 11:43 AM

We do have Syracuse at home, and we're lucky we don't play Pitt ;)

Was the opening kick one of those two plays?***

Apr 10, 2018, 11:58 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic