Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the Obama post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 121
| visibility 1

To the Obama post

Apr 20, 2013, 4:07 PM

First of all. I'm not an Obama fan. Now explain to me how the president is going to stop a bombing in Boston. The other side always blames the current adminstration. 911 wasent bushes failt and this isnt obamas fault. Obama also has been fairly aggressive in the Middle East. FYI. I'm a libertarian that votes coservative. Unlike 3/4 of the people in sc I voted Romney in 08 and 12 primarys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

But George Bush hates black people.***

Apr 20, 2013, 4:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

lol***

Apr 20, 2013, 5:00 PM

No one expects him to stop it, but many of us are outraged

Apr 20, 2013, 4:37 PM

at his nonchalant acceptance of it. He is outraged when an apparent thug is shot by a neighborhood watch guy, but we are supposed to accept and not condemn anyone for indiscriminately murdering and maiming numerous Americans.

And he has not been aggressive in the Middle East. The entire area is falling to radical Muslims.

Re: No one expects him to stop it, but many of us are outraged

Apr 20, 2013, 7:10 PM

so if we bomb the middle east some more, there will be fewer terrorist attack on our soil?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should bomb them back into the Stone Age !

Apr 20, 2013, 11:16 PM

Oh wait!.......... Never mind

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: We should bomb them back into the Stone Age !

Apr 21, 2013, 10:51 AM

Someone obviously didn't get it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

agree w spud-& and add events leading to the "beer summit"

Apr 20, 2013, 7:37 PM [ in reply to No one expects him to stop it, but many of us are outraged ]

as well as others. Just too quick to dismiss terrorism and play the race card for political gain

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My word ^ this stuff is retarded. I'm guessing you loved GW

Apr 20, 2013, 7:46 PM [ in reply to No one expects him to stop it, but many of us are outraged ]

and assign zero blame to him for 911, a far worse catastrophe, or any of the other issues present in our country?

Yeah, let's bomb the #### out of Iraq and takeover the country. Let's just takeover the entire Middle East. yeah, that'll fix everything. LOL. Oh, and by the way, don't tax me more or spend any of my money to fund it either. Because you can't spend money to fix things.

Do you even hear yourself?

Some of you folks are so blinded by misplaced hatred, it clouds your sense of reason. What the hell are you even talking about that he's nonchalantly accepting it? Absurd.

he told us that is because trayvon looks like his son if he

Apr 20, 2013, 8:39 PM [ in reply to No one expects him to stop it, but many of us are outraged ]

had one

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one expects him to stop it, but many of us are outraged

Dec 16, 2013, 9:21 AM

Well said Spud

First rule of leadership: Everything is your fault.

Apr 20, 2013, 4:42 PM

However, the current occupant of the White House is no leader.

The Obama Administration's FBI:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57580534/fbi-interviewed-dead-boston-bombing-suspect-years-ago/

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If President Obama was given multiple warnings, evidence

Apr 20, 2013, 5:24 PM

that this sort of attack was eminent, and did nothing, then I would very easily say it was Obama's fault, but that isn't how it happened. 9/11 was a colossal leadership failure by George Bush because of his unwillingness or just plain ineptitude to handle direct warnings given to him something was about to happen, so I don't know how exactly one comes to the conclusion you can't blame George Bush for 9/11. If the guy decides to sit down and take a credible threat serious, there is a good chance 9/11 never happens. Unfortunately, there are a lot of stupid people in this country that refuse to believe that ever took place, so George Bush remains in a lot of people's eyes just the unluckly President that got 9/11 dumped on him early into his Presidency.

Filo, you need to do a fact check and you willlearn that...

Apr 20, 2013, 6:12 PM

the failures in leadership went back to none other than one of our wakest Persidents ever, Mr. Bill Clinton, who failed to heed multiple warnings about bin Laden's growing middle east presence and they had chance to take him out and declined to give our miltary leaders the go ahead as we he was afraid that a few btstanders might lose their lives. But, it was ok for 3,000 Americans to lose their lives and thousands around the world because of Al Queda attacks at our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, atacks in Spain, London, etc.

The democratic party leaders always get a free pass from our liberal press when they screw up so you never hear about. Do your research about Clinton and get back to me with a report. The report is due on Monday at 5 pm but can be eamiled to me. I will grade your report on the 10 point scale. I'll give you a hint to help your research. If you will Google a 5/5/11 Forbes report on Clinton letting bin laden escape an assasination attempt (more than once). The article is titled "Bin Laden lived to fight another day--Thanks to Bill Clinton". BTW, there are many other sources on Clinton's failure to nab Bin Laden!

Keowee....all your Clinton bashing has nothing to do with

Apr 20, 2013, 6:23 PM

George W. Bush being in office when the actual 9/11 attack was about to be carried out and he was warned multiple times about it. You can spin this all you want into a Clinton problem and what Clinton should have done. He didn't. Everyone knows that. I have no problems admitting it, but you seem to have a real problem admitting George Bush failed this country on Sept. 11, 2001. Like I said in my previous post, there are stupid head in the sand folks like yourself that will defend that guy until their last breath. You probably think Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

Re: Keowee....all your Clinton bashing has nothing to do with

Apr 20, 2013, 7:09 PM

Bush was warned terrorists were going to take over commercial airlines and fly them into World Trace Center?

Yes, he was told EXACTLY what was going to happen just

Apr 20, 2013, 7:25 PM

like Obama was told EXACTLY what these two idiots were going to do last week and failed to stop it. 74paws, I get a lot of you guys just refuse to believe our govn't failed us on 9/11 because it was Bush, a Republican, and most of you here are slavishly sworn to the Republican Party, probably moreso than the US of A, but the documents are out there, the knowledge is there if you choose to seek it that George Bush received multiple warnings leading up to 9/11 something serious was about to go down. Listen, I'm not barking up some conspiracy tree like Truthers do. I thought this was just common knowledge at this point, but apparently I'm dealing with the "Iraq bombed us so that is why we invaded Iraq" folks today.

Re: Yes, he was told EXACTLY what was going to happen just

Apr 21, 2013, 12:50 AM

Since you brought it up again...

We invaded Afghanistan after 9/11 not Iraq.

The same Afghanistan that Clinton order a missile after the US Embassy bombings. The target .... bin Laden.

Clinton Had 8 years to take out OBL, Bush had 7.5 months....

Apr 20, 2013, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Keowee....all your Clinton bashing has nothing to do with ]

before 911.So, Bush is more reponsible than Clinton? Clinton wouldn't have known a terrorist if he hit him up the side of the head with an RPG!

Back to Clinton again.

Apr 20, 2013, 8:22 PM

Everything goes back to Clinton...smh.....then everything Bush 1 and Reagan did wrong goes back to Carter, and everything Nixon and Ford did wrong goes back to LBJ and JFK...lol...and so on and so forth.

well, the Iraq war WAS because G.H.W. Bush didn't finish the job. W did it

Apr 20, 2013, 9:09 PM

for Daddy after they tried to assassinate him.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Clinton policies and Dems also caused the tech bubble and

Apr 20, 2013, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Filo, you need to do a fact check and you willlearn that... ]

the subsequent stock market collapse and laid the seeds of the real estate bubble and the banking crisis.

LMAO! Yeah, Slick Willie was responsible for 911.

Apr 20, 2013, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Filo, you need to do a fact check and you willlearn that... ]

Pure comedy.

Re: If President Obama was given multiple warnings, evidence

Apr 20, 2013, 6:15 PM [ in reply to If President Obama was given multiple warnings, evidence ]

Putting politics aside, as a veteran all of these terror attacks #### me off. To think to this day no one has been accountable for Benghazi is totally unacceptable. Iran and that nut case being able to play with his toys and our drones. We appear very weak.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We still don't know where Obama, Biden, or Clinton were ....

Apr 20, 2013, 7:14 PM

during the near 18 hour Libya/Benghazi fiasco, but they sure did release a photo quickly of Obama in the Situation Room this week.

Apr 20, 2013, 6:26 PM [ in reply to If President Obama was given multiple warnings, evidence ]

So I guess Putin calling the obama admin in 2011 saying "we think this guy is a radical islamist and you need to interview him" wasnt a warning?

And I guess the obama admin "detaining" him in 2011 and releasing him wasnt a security failure?

Come on Filo. You can do better than that

What were they supposed to do with him?

Apr 20, 2013, 6:31 PM

Are you aware of what they asked him when they detained him? Were they supposed to hold him indefinitely until he died? Tell me, Nick. What would you have done if you were Obama, you were warned about the guy, you brought him in and talked to him and found nothing that could hold him?

Re: What were they supposed to do with him?

Apr 20, 2013, 6:39 PM

I am in no position to comment on what should have been done to him by FBI or CIA. But please keep in mind that these people put in those positions are the greatest intelligence/interrogators in the world. It is their job, not mine to figure out after interviewing whether we should pursue or heavily surveillance on person of interest. Thats the security failure.

But more importantly, the point of my post was to refute your assumption obama admin had no warning of who this man was

They interviewed him, interviewed his family, checked

Apr 20, 2013, 6:54 PM

for the infamous "chatter" that may have been happening abroad or here within this country with other people looking to do harm, and nothing was found. You can keep trying to call this an Obama failure but what it was is two pissed off deranged brothers that decided to build a couple of bombs. My Obama hatin' neighbor could be doing the same thing right now. I wouldn't have a clue.

Re: They interviewed him, interviewed his family, checked

Apr 20, 2013, 7:09 PM

I can agree that NO administration can filter every single piece of info and things slip through. But your post hung 9/11 on intelligence failure on Bush. How can u say that is intelligence failure then POST 9/11 when we should have been on alert for these things not blame obama admin? Just bc they missed the info or had no reason to believe he was capable of this doesnt excuse it.

It IS intelligence failure. Terrorist dont tell you they are terrorists. That would not make them very good at what they do now would it? Its each admin responsibilty to know after interrogation, who is and is not a threat no matter how fair or unfair that may be when placing blame

So the Obama Administration should have been on high alert

Apr 20, 2013, 7:21 PM

following a guy they have already interviewed, found nothing of significance to be worried about nor his family, nor appearing to have any terroristic like ties to anyone within this country or overseas? That is a bit of stretch compared to what Bin Laden posed to Bush's intelligence, don't you think?

They darn sure should have been last 9/11 esp in Libya.***

Apr 20, 2013, 7:28 PM

Re: So the Obama Administration should have been on high alert

Apr 20, 2013, 7:28 PM [ in reply to So the Obama Administration should have been on high alert ]

so I guess the russians called just to chat? the FBI was told this man was tied to extremist organizations. Just bc they didnt find the ties doesnt mean there was not a direct warning issued. I would not be surprised at all to have it come out that we were given good intel on him yrs ago....there was a warning. What dont u get abt that?

I get it just fine, TigerNick. I'm just trying to figure out

Apr 20, 2013, 7:59 PM

why you seem hellbent on making sure this is pinned on Obama. I find it interesting.

The answer is obvious:

Apr 20, 2013, 8:00 PM

The president is half-black, and he's a democrat.

There you go.

Re: The answer is obvious:

Apr 21, 2013, 1:24 AM

It has nothing to do with him being half-black.

It's similar to a head coach getting the blame for a 'team'. Oh wait... unless he's black - then it's a race thing.

Is that how it works?

Deport him.***

Apr 20, 2013, 7:15 PM [ in reply to What were they supposed to do with him? ]

Clinton coud have gotten Bin Laden many times. It all

Apr 20, 2013, 7:09 PM [ in reply to If President Obama was given multiple warnings, evidence ]

started and developed under him. Bush was in office less than a year, Clinton had just wrapped up 8 yeas. Why didn't Clinton do anything?

Why didn't GW do anything? He had plenty of time to prevent

Apr 20, 2013, 7:56 PM

911, and he even had an idea it was coming.

Knowing something might happen but not knowing what, when,

Apr 21, 2013, 3:44 PM

where, or how. Yea, that's real actionable intel sport.

Apr 20, 2013, 7:21 PM [ in reply to If President Obama was given multiple warnings, evidence ]

Filo Betto, I think what angers a lot of people about Obama has been his reaction to, and how he has dealt with, adversity during his presidency. He was overly involved with the Trayvon Martin case from the start and acted outraged at the whole situation only ever showing public support to one side of the story (even when no one knew the whole story). There were literally dozens of similar deaths in the U.S. with questionable circumstances that same year, but because the races involved may not have been as controversial and those people could not have been his "son" as he put it, he never made one comment about any of them. For the record, I think that's how it should be. We should not be asking the President of the United States what he thinks about the homicide of one individual he has zero connection to. That situation should have never been raised to his level.

What did we get out of the President related to the Boston bombings? A few short press conferences from the White House? Obama should have been way more involved with, and outspoken about, the investigation into an attack on innocent American citizens/visitors and the whole city of Boston than he was about one person's death under suspicious circumstances. I say all of this whether or not this is deemed a terrorist attack. If it is labeled as terrorism, then his reaction to the events in Boston is deplorable, IMO.

Also, after learning of the events in Benghazi, Obama still decided to attend a campaign fundraiser in Las Vegas and parties with Jay-Z and Beyonce. This is simply inexcusable.

Each President has a certain amount of information and intelligence prior to an attack actually being carried out, whether deemed terrorism or otherwise. Sometimes it's very little intelligence, sometimes it's a great deal of intelligence. The President himself has very little control over an attack such as this actually occurring, but he has full control over his reaction to the events that do occur. That is where, IMO, Obama has fallen short on numerous occasions throughout his presidency.

The man has to walk on eggshells, ScottieD. He knows if

Apr 20, 2013, 7:38 PM

he says too much, he is considered to be hogging the spotlight and trying to take credit i.e. Bin Laden death, but if he says very little and lets the authorities nationally and locally, like he did in Boston, do their job, he is considered weak and not engaged. I don't know exactly who the President is you view as the beacon of light in how to handle these type of situations. You would have to tell me that. I agree with you on the Trayvon Martin situation. That got way out of hand with Obama getting involvded. And I completely disagree with your last statement. It sounds like you are trying to defend Bush's sorry response before and after 9/11, you remember the guy that said he wasn't even worried or even thinking about Bin Laden anymore. It is VERY possible for a President or intelligence to have no idea something is about to happen if a deranged person or people out there are determined enough and know how to keep their traps shut.

Re: The man has to walk on eggshells, ScottieD. He knows if

Apr 20, 2013, 8:05 PM

Every President has to walk on eggshells. The President's comments and actions will always be heavily scrutinized following any attack. Obama's lack of consistency and over/under-reaction to the events he's been faced with is what is troubling. Obama being "engaged" in Boston doesn't mean he should have been knocking down doors in Watertown. It means he should have addressed the public and the situation more in the past week than he did, and with some sense of urgency.

If you reread my original post, I actually didn't compare Obama to any other President specifically. I never indicated that there is a "beacon of light" to look to in these situations and I never mentioned Bush's name. You brought his name up as if I was implying something about him. I wasn't. My post was about Obama.

In my last comment I said a President could have very little information. That included no information. My point was you can't definitively place blame on a President for an attach based on the amount of information he has/had. You CAN blame him for how he reacts once an attack/event such as this occurs. The amount of intelligence a President has or doesn't have isn't a reflection of him or his efforts (he actually does nothing to gather/collect/analyze any of it). It's a reflection of the agencies responsible for collecting that intelligence, WHEN ANY IS AVAILABLE. The ultimate decision of how to act on that intelligence is where the President actually becomes involved after getting briefed by those who are much more informed about the situation. Thus, the reaction is what the President can and should be judged by, and where Obama has failed more than excelled, IMO.

What more could the man say?

Apr 20, 2013, 8:20 PM

I'm just shaking my head here, lol. He addressed the nation. He said we will find the cowards. He said to use the tip line. He said to let all the authorities do their job. Should he have been on hourly to calm or stoke our fears? I think most people were more interested in hearing what the Boston area authorities and FBI were saying more than the President or any of his spokesman.

As far as that last paragraph goes, what are these situations you are alluding to where Obama fails all the time instead of excelling? Believe me, I understand from just reading your feelings on this Boston tragedy you are a tough customer to please, but elaborate.

Re: What more could the man say?

Apr 20, 2013, 8:37 PM

People (the ones who were looking for facts before reacting) were also more interested in hearing what the homicide investigators had to say about the Trayvon Martin case than the President. But that didn't happen. Their voices were muffled by Obama's. Inconsistent reaction, especially for the scale and scope of the situation, compared to the Boston tragedy.

I mentioned three situations in which OBAMA'S REACTION (not him as the President) have failed in my original post: the Trayvon Martin situation, Benghazi, and now the Boston bombings. That's just my opinion, but I already provided those three examples.

I have purposely been trying to avoid saying or indicating that I think Obama has failed as a President. That's not the discussion I was trying to have with you or was interested in having with you. I never said there are situations where Obama "fails all the time instead of excelling". I said that during his presidency he has failed more than excelled in the scale and consistency of his reactions to different situations, IMO.

Again, we will just have to agree to disagree on this whole

Apr 20, 2013, 8:48 PM

Obama reacted badly in this Boston situation. I just don't see it. I would love to know your opinion, though, of his reaction to Bin Laden's death. There seemed to be a very quick jump from people caring about Bin Laden's death and overlooking the awesomeness of getting that scumbag to it becoming a look how Obama is acting about it discussion.

Re: Again, we will just have to agree to disagree on this whole

Apr 20, 2013, 9:22 PM

I'll just say this...I don't think Obama deserved as much credit for Bin Laden's death as he apparently thought he did.

He deserves credit for giving the nod to conduct the operation, but many people have gone on record calling the decision a "no-brainer" and indicating that they felt any President, regardless of political party, would have made the same decision given the intelligence Obama had in front of him. Obama did nothing to gather that intelligence, prepare the SEAL teams for the operation, or actually find/kill Bin Laden, but he said "Yes" when all of the military leadership sitting at the table with him convinced him that was the appropriate action.

Could he have said "No"? Of course. So I give him credit for saying "Yes". But would almost every other President in that situation have given the same order? Most likely, yes.

I, personally, was just glad the man was killed. I was

Apr 20, 2013, 9:31 PM

disappointed in how quickly the right turned it into a Obama issue, from his reaction, to the burial of Bin Laden, to "let us see the photos because we don't believe you", just all of it. Nobody on the right took the time to appreciate the largest perpetrator of death on American soil since 1941 was dead and wasn't going to be behind harming us or any other country ever again. It was just another sign for me this country is so split politically it ain't ever going back.

I agree

Apr 20, 2013, 9:45 PM

While I did not agree with some aspects of Obama's reaction to Bin Laden's death, I too was amazed at how quickly it turned into a partisan issue/debate. I felt it somewhat undermined the significance of actually eliminating the threat that Bin Laden posed to the rest of the world.

I purposely, against my better judgement, immediately

Apr 20, 2013, 10:03 PM

got on TigerNet to check out the P&R Board and it had taken exactly 5 minutes for it to turn into an Obama bashing contest. Barely a mention of being glad the guy was dead and gone. Granted, I do understand Tigernet is mostly represented by the rightwingiest of the rightwingers, and what I read was expected, but my morbid curiousity made me have to check it out.

Way to represent!

Apr 21, 2013, 10:48 PM

Bringing the leftwingiest of the leftwing.

Freaking nutball.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth hurts doesn't it Blueridge!

Apr 21, 2013, 10:52 PM

Sorry if you and your compadres couldn't enjoy the good news for more than a sec!

How dare you question GW!! He was awesome for our country!***

Apr 20, 2013, 7:47 PM [ in reply to If President Obama was given multiple warnings, evidence ]

Do you mean like when the American Ambassador called the

Apr 20, 2013, 10:33 PM [ in reply to If President Obama was given multiple warnings, evidence ]

White House for help and was denied, and then when he was murdered, we were told it was because of a film that was produced six months earlier?

And the Red Cross and the UK pull everyone out but we do

Apr 21, 2013, 4:18 PM

nothing. And the attacks lasted like 18 hours but I still haven't seen a picture of Barry in the Situation Room. Jesus, you could write for hours about all the screw ups and incompetence followed by a massive cover-up involving Benghazi. There are a lot of very big questions still being dodged.

It's not a screw up or incompetence when it's intentional.***

Apr 22, 2013, 11:01 PM

Sad but true and all evidence in this case and others points

Apr 23, 2013, 1:34 AM

to that, making Obama IMO a traitor, which we already knew, and the most dangerous person in America. Liberals are deluded idiots and can't see the clear facts and truth that Obama is a complete failure, socialism doesn't work, and their turn the other cheek, touchy feely, psycho babble hurts our security and safety.

Obama

Apr 20, 2013, 6:17 PM

Dude, where do you get your info... MSNBC? There was never any intel that said that some Muslims were gonna fly a plane into buildings!!! So that is that, however, Obama just sent billions in weaponry to the Muslim brotherhood of Egypt! Whose sole purpose in life is to annihilate anyone who doesn't worship Allah!! So you can stick that , "Obama hasn't done anything wrong" crap all the way down yer pie hole cause he has betrayed us . This didnt come from fox either as he had his press secretary trying to answer questions on it just 3months ago!!! His administration didn't want the Muslim who shot up the army based tried for terrorism either saying there wasn't evidence to it. Even though the crap hole ran in shooting shout allegiance to Allah!! Not from Fox either, just in case you wondered!! I don't think Obama knew about the thing in Boston , just for the record!! But quit saying his hands are clean! The blood of those on Benghazi are on his hands and anyone who the "brotherhood " uses there weapons we gave them are on his hands as well!!'

Dude what do ya know? You don't believe there was

Apr 20, 2013, 6:25 PM

ever any intel warning George Bush or his intelligence community was in danger, but you've got all the Obama stuff down? Serprise, surprise.

I keep wondering

Apr 20, 2013, 6:29 PM

if you are an imbecile, a moron or just plain stupid.

The more you run that mouth, the more you appear to be all three.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What am I saying, Dom, that is just giving you the head

Apr 20, 2013, 6:32 PM

shakes?

yes it is making my head shake.

Apr 20, 2013, 6:46 PM

Idiocy is apparently hereditary in your case.
did not know anyone could be either that misinformed or that dumb. Sounds like you made it to both.

Misinformed about what? Try laying off the namecalling

Apr 20, 2013, 6:56 PM

and actually state your case if you got it in you.

Re: Misinformed about what? Try laying off the namecalling

Apr 20, 2013, 7:13 PM

why do you waste your time, racism is alive and well in america. These people can not help the way they were raised, and nothing you say will change their minds.

There is no reason to even call on race to detest this

Apr 20, 2013, 10:39 PM

President. His actions are all that are needed. Guess what else, Harry Reid is white and I detest everything that he stands for. Hillary, well, she spat on the constitution when she told the father of one of the Navy Seals (killed in Benghazi because she ignored his pleas for help)that it was all because of a film berating Islam and that she would arrest the person who made it. She did! And if you idiots don't get outraged at that, then God help us. When the United States government starts arresting people because of what they say, we are in serious trouble.

Seems he has nothing other than...

Apr 20, 2013, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Misinformed about what? Try laying off the namecalling ]

Blacks and democrats are the root of all bad things. Republicans and white people never do anything wrong.

That's the point...

Apr 20, 2013, 6:29 PM

This administration was going to "fix" everything - those failed Bush policies. What have they fixed?

FEMA delays for Sandy victims.
Miranda rights for terrorists.
Closing Gitmo.
etc, etc.

But Obama fails to recognize terrorism and coddles Muslims

Apr 20, 2013, 7:05 PM

and promotes immigration and other policies that make it easier for terrorists while desperately wanting to take gun rights from law abiding citizens.

And he is responsible for Benghazi and keeps saying terrorism is under control.

The drone thing is a cop-out to make him look tough. We need to capture them for intel, then execute them. ;)

FYI SC is very much a red state. Both Senators, the gov, and many reps are Republicans. Not sure who you think 3/4 of folks are voting, but it ain't for Democrats.

FWIW I'm libertarian as well. Very fiscally conservative and very much pro-Constitution and significantly smaller government with greatly curtailed power.

Abortion, drugs, gays, guns, education, etc. are all states rights issues and should be stripped from the federal gubment and left out of national elections, but the left knows they can't win on the big important issues so with the help of the MSM they hijack elections with polarizing emotional social issues that belong within state jurisdiction.

I am pro choice, but it has gotten wayyy out of hand and needs to be far more restrictive.

Elmo, Big Bird, NPR, Planned Parenthood, Head Start, et al should be defunded at once and ethanol, farm subsidies, corporate welfare, foreign aid, green anything, etc. should be axed. All the billions in empty gubment real estate needs to be sold. Everyone on disability needs to prove they can't earn a living in some form, and food stamps and welfare need reformed and you have to work for them. Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid totally overhauled and Obamacare deep six'd. OH and toss out the tax code and create a combination of flat tax, corporate and individual, and national sales tax. And end luxury taxes on cell phones.

Heckuva job Obama did coddling Bin Laden, but I keep

Apr 20, 2013, 7:13 PM

forgetting we never did see the body. It probably never happened. Bin Laden probably watches Too Close For Comfort reruns in some bunker part of the White House. I do agree with you about disability receivers, though.

There were people in his admin wanting him to leave

Apr 20, 2013, 7:25 PM

Bin Laden alone. Clinton actually talked hm into it, but only because they had already passed on him 2 times earlier and she feared if word leaked they could get him and didn't it would set Dems back 20 years and kill any future for Obama and Clinton.

Read this ...
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/hill_swayed_to_kill_osama_MJc7OcNyqxkZL5z7WmHoDK

So when Bush's right hand man writes a memoir telling

Apr 20, 2013, 7:30 PM

how Bush kept telling him to bring back info that didn't exist that would tie Iraq to 9/11, thus giving us a reason to invade, this fella was called bitter and looking to make some money with a book, but this guy I'm supposed to believe lock, stock and barrel.

We didn't go into Iraq just for 9/11 reasons. There were

Apr 21, 2013, 3:48 PM

multiple reasons to do it and they had used WMD's in the past and every NATO countries intel confirmed ours. The only reason France didn't support it was because they were breaking the UN embargo by getting a sweet deal on oil giving Iraq money to do nefarious things.

I consider myself a Republican, but I am starting NOT to

Apr 20, 2013, 10:43 PM [ in reply to But Obama fails to recognize terrorism and coddles Muslims ]

trust any of them. I cannot tell you how many times I have called Lindsay Grahams office lately to tell him I was unhappy with his leadership. Many of my Republican friends have done the same. Our politicians no longer rule for the benefit of the people. They make whatever rulings they think will keep them in power and then what will increase their power.

True and Graham is no conservative he's a Christian RINO***

Apr 21, 2013, 3:49 PM

Obumma is a *of****

Apr 20, 2013, 7:11 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Well, Bush and his Admin DID have some knowledge there

Apr 20, 2013, 7:38 PM

was an imminent terrorist attack.. Yet it still happened. Bush and the people under his accountability most definitely bungled it up.

Can you imagine if Obama and his Admin had information that an attack like 911 was imminent, and yet it STILL happened? Geez, the psycho rights would be all over him. They'd want an immediate impeachment, to put it lightly.

The whole left/right politics thing is a bunch of crap. It's downright ridiculous to be too far on either side, and then act like everyone on one side is a certain way while everyone on the other side is the opposite. It's kinda like prejudice towards race - the color of your skin doesn't define the person you are.. and neither does your political affiliation. Only the ignorant and shallow-minded take it to the extremes for everyone in a certain group.

Did someone really say Boston was Obama's fault? Lots of far reaching nutcases around here. I know I'm asking for too much, but I just wish those far reaching nutcases would get a grip. Better not even try to blame Obama for Boston unless you're willing to heap a whole lot more blame on Bush for a far worse catastrophe.

That is the general idea around here, Cogan. Equate Boston

Apr 20, 2013, 7:43 PM

as quickly as one can to being Obama's fault. Imply he was detached from the situation, not caring enough, etc. etc. and should have known this was going to happen, and whatever you do, whatever you do!, make sure as soon as possible that this is labeled TERRORISM so the right wingers can make a check on the Obama Failed Us Chalkboard and equate this to 9/11.

Re: That is the general idea around here, Cogan. Equate Boston

Apr 20, 2013, 7:48 PM

Hey dumba$$ tell the diplomat and seals who were murdered a few months back how great YOUR good buddy Obama is. He is a disgrace to the office and this country and you are a disgrace of a Clemson fan for bringing this crap rhetoric to this board. Carry your liberal self to #### talk.

Did any Military personnel die under GW? Any at all?

Apr 20, 2013, 7:50 PM

The fellas killed in Iraq... were they lives well spent?

You far right nutcases are fricken bizarre in your hatred for the Democratic party and especially our half-white president.

So, we are not racists, since he is half white.***

Apr 20, 2013, 10:44 PM

Wow...

Apr 20, 2013, 7:47 PM

The libs are tough on this thread. If they were in charge before 9/11 you can bet those lefties would have squashed al qaeda and never let a terrorist attack happen

Hahaha...this coming from the political wing who was outraged when water was thrown on terrorists who were conspirators in taking the lives of thousands of innocent Americans. Excuse me when I doubt your macho talk

There it is..

Apr 20, 2013, 7:53 PM

Lefties, Righties blah, blah, blah. All dems are (fill in the blank), and all pubs are (fill in the blank). That's all there is to it, huh?

My God some of you have minds the depth of a mud puddle.

Re: There it is..

Apr 20, 2013, 8:00 PM

I have read your posts also. What makes you so much smarter? From what I read you demonized one president while giving a pass to the current one.

Just bc you didnt use a label makes you some deep prolific thinker?

I never once said nor insinauted that I'm smarter.

Apr 20, 2013, 8:03 PM

Just not as close-minded. Not even in the same universe actually.

Oh, as much as you want to categorize me, I'm not "demonizing" anyone nor giving anyone a free pass. Seems pretty obvious you're the one doing that.

Re: I never once said nor insinauted that I'm smarter.

Apr 20, 2013, 8:12 PM

You are right. You never " insinauted" anything but you did "insinuate" it by saying other posters had the depth of a "mud puddle" I believe were the words

And again, hate to call you out but I believe you used the word "psycho righties". As far as I am concerned thats textbook demonizing a particular group of people.

Speaking of groups of people, thought you didn't like using labels? "psycho righties" is at odds with that statement

Swing and a miss.

Apr 20, 2013, 8:21 PM

Your hilarious attempt to incorrectly blame Obama and his party for Boston, yet accept zero fault for GW and your party for 911 - that's shallow-minded. Plain and simple.

And let me explain a little further to hopefully assist - the hatred spewed by some pubs towards ALL democrats and our half-white president, that is a psycho right winger. Never said all republicans are like that. My meaning of "label" in it's context is what you and some of you buds do towards every single person who's a democrat or refuses to blame all of our country's issues on the current president (because he's half-white, or black as you say).

Seems your swinging wildly and missing on all points. But hey, at least you have that typo to hang your hat on.

Re: I never once said nor insinauted that I'm smarter.

Apr 20, 2013, 8:17 PM [ in reply to I never once said nor insinauted that I'm smarter. ]

You are the only one in this thread that has continually brought up race. And certainly the only one calling the POTUS half white !!

LMAO. Now that's funny right there.

Apr 20, 2013, 8:25 PM

I'm the only one who talks about race with Obama?? You're joking right? That's hilarious.

I remember you - you're the "Christian" who openly judges anyone who violates your opinion on morals. Sweet.

Oh, for your info, Obama IS half-white. He's not black. And that's not a racially motivated statement.

Re: LMAO. Now that's funny right there.

Apr 20, 2013, 8:29 PM

I was simply pointing out that you are the main one IN THIS THREAD that keeps bringing up race. You are asumming that everyone that doesn't share your admiration for the POTUS does so because of his race !!

LOL. Yeah okay.***

Apr 20, 2013, 8:31 PM

Thanks for admitting it !! *****

Apr 20, 2013, 9:55 PM

Re: There it is..

Apr 20, 2013, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: There it is.. ]

Never get into a war of words with an idiot Nick. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Another name caller without anything worthy to say...

Apr 20, 2013, 8:10 PM

and you are telling us to head over to Cocky Talk. If there is one area where a ton of Tiger and Coot fans seem to intersect, it is their undying hate for Obama and their inability to articulate why that is in any form that doesn't involve name calling.

Re: Another name caller without anything worthy to say...

Apr 20, 2013, 8:14 PM

Ignorance is truly bliss I guess......

Dude are you going to even try and offer some substance? So

Apr 20, 2013, 8:26 PM

far all you've done is state things that make it look like you're staring in the mirror.

And there that is..

Apr 20, 2013, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: There it is.. ]

When one is completely unable to offer an intelligent reply, then start with the childish namecalling. Good job. How old are you? Are you capable of mustering anything to counter what I said? Hate to tell you but "idiot" does nothing other than make you look like one.

Filo and cogan...

Apr 20, 2013, 8:25 PM

We could sit here and argue all night bc we share no commmon ground politically speaking. I love a debate but this one is going nowhere so im done with it

I completely agree, TigerNick, although I didn't realize we

Apr 20, 2013, 8:30 PM

were arguing. I just hoped before this discussion was over with that you would give just an inch that Bush failed us but it appears you are too entrenched within the GOP way of thinking to ever concede that. Have a good evening, man.

Re: I completely agree, TigerNick, although I didn't realize we

Apr 20, 2013, 8:32 PM

If I gave an inch you would take a mile ;)

Have a good one

Sounds good dude but for the record, not trying to be a jerk

Apr 20, 2013, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Filo and cogan... ]

I think I'm right, and I don't think you've countered anything myself or Filo have said.

It's not personal. Go Tigers.

Re: Sounds good dude but for the record, not trying to be a jerk

Apr 20, 2013, 8:39 PM

I will settle on agree to disagree

Fair enough.

Apr 20, 2013, 8:45 PM

But honestly Nick, again nothing personal, what did you say to counter my points? we can agree to disagree and that's all good, but it's hard to say you're disagreeing when you haven't even told me what you're disagreeing with.

I'm good with moving on though. Like you said, this could go on all night and I'd much rather do something else.

Re: Fair enough.

Apr 20, 2013, 9:14 PM

I refuse to discuss it any further when you are using the race baiting tactics I see throughout this thread. Its typical and straight out of the lefty playbook but doesnt deserve response.

Re: To the Obama post

Apr 20, 2013, 8:54 PM

so gwb had warnings that something was supposed to go down. so what do you do? shutting down america is not a likely solution. if you dont know what is going to happen, you can take all the precuations you want. but if you dont know what, where, or how. i think your hands would be tied.

and lets just

Apr 20, 2013, 9:15 PM

give away part of 7 billion dollars to companies that didnt need it in the first place.

I don't look at either as being a failure of the president

Apr 20, 2013, 9:00 PM

but merely a failure of the intelligence community. The President isn't James Bond...the intelligence community failed on both occasions to identify and stop both from occurring. After the fact blaming of a President does absolutely nothing in either case and is completely pointless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In hindsight, I'm going to shift my blame of 9/11 from Bush

Apr 20, 2013, 9:08 PM

to the airplane instructor in Florida that kept taking money from a guy that wanted to learn how to fly a plane but had no interest in learning how to land it.

that would seem to be strange in hindsight

Apr 20, 2013, 9:35 PM

all joking aside I find it very hard to believe either man had hard intelligence either of these events were going to occur and didn't act. The intelligence community completely missed both events and hundreds more like the Cole bombing, the Marine barracks bombing, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think the intelligence community had any idea, not a

Apr 20, 2013, 9:42 PM

clue this Boston bombing was about to occur because it involved these two brothers and no one else. It could come out when the older brother went back over to Russia that he was trained how to build the bomb and then came back and enlisted his brother to help him do it and carry out the plan, but until something like that comes out, or other hard evidence, I'm going to go with these two spent some time somewhere plugging away on getting that bomb ready unbeknownst to anyone. Like I've said a few times on this thread, my Obama hatin' everytime I see him he wants to talk to me about the murderers pro choicers are neighbor could be over there right now constructing something to do some damage. When it comes to 9/11, Bush was given/presented warnings of imminent attack by his intelligence community in a manner of like,"Really, boss, you need to look at this!" and just didn't seem to handle it well. Was he told two planes are going to hit the Towers on 9/11? No, but more could have been done.

BS. There was no actionable intel befoe 9/11. They had

Apr 21, 2013, 3:58 PM

chatter that something was going on, but there was no concrete who, what, when, where, or how. And since when do the police, the FBI, and other law enforcement organizations get micromanaged by the White House? Only after the fact, hindsight, did various agencies share information that once combined painted a picture that made people question it all. You can't complete a puzzle if you on't have all the pieces.

When You Are The Head Guy You Own The Blame and The Wins

Apr 20, 2013, 9:25 PM

He is always very quick, like most politicians, to claim his glory, so with the good comes the bad. A true leader understands that what happens on his/her watch belongs to them. This clown doesn't understand that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something happens. He gets up and speaks about it.

Apr 20, 2013, 9:35 PM

When the problem is resolved, he gets up and speaks about it. I don't get where you folks get this idea he likes to claim glory. He is as scripted as any politician is in how he words things. I think when you don't like someone, you see way more then what is actually there.

Re: Something happens. He gets up and speaks about it.

Apr 20, 2013, 9:44 PM

Okay. I know I said I wasnt gonna get involved anymore, but I couldnt hold back on this filo.

So the pres takes credit when OBL is killed...he takes credit for using the full resources of federal govt to catch boston terrorists. So why doesnt he claim credit for Benghazi? He chose to let that credit go to a youtube video. If you claim the good, you must also claim the bad

I'm going to be completely honest with you, TigerNick.

Apr 20, 2013, 10:00 PM

I tuned out pretty early on with the Benghazi incident. That whole event was being politicized so heavily by Fox, right wing radio, and the GOP in hopes of making it the issue that Romney could ride to victory in the election that I couldn't take another second of hearing the word Benghazi, not from a Republican, a Democrat or anyone else. There was some intelligence miscommunication that wasn't handled well in the press and I do remember Republicans constantly complaining about the timeline of Obama not using the word terrorism. That is why I couldn't help but laugh in a sad way to myself after the Boston bombings at how quickly certain news organizations were focusing on whether or not Obama used the T word or not. Luckily, some of the people at that certain news organization were putting others in their place about even trying to get that crap started.

Re: I'm going to be completely honest with you, TigerNick.

Apr 20, 2013, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the honest response. Like I said, we surely disagree on everything poloitically but hey, at least we can agree on Clemson...Tajh Boyd for pres 2016!

Right on.....

Apr 20, 2013, 10:38 PM

Aug. 31 can't get here fast enough. I hope the baseball team gives us something to cheer about it beyond the regular season. Other than the Braves and the NBA playoffs, my sports interests take a mighty big dip during the time period leading up to Clemson football.

Wow, seriously? How about leaking intel on getting Bin Laden

Apr 21, 2013, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Something happens. He gets up and speaks about it. ]

to make himself look good and giving info to Hollywood to make a movie while prosecuting Navy SEALs for book deals?

How about releasing photos of him in the situation room all serious when they get it right, but pointing the finger and burying the story when they get it wrong.

FYI They actually let Bin Laden go 3x before Clinton pushed Obama to go get him and he almost backed out a 4th time.

Where are the photos of him in the situation room during Benghazi? Who orchestrated the cover up? Why were they not prepared? Tons of incompetence and unanswered questions on this one.

Look how he was hailed a hero with Sandy but Bush a goat after Katrina when the reality is Obama and the feds blew it big time with Sandy and that is despite not having near as many complicating factors.

Obama is completely incompetent. He is blinded by his radical ideology and doesn't care about what's best for America. He wants what he wants and he wants it now. One Democratic Senator that voted against the gun bill is quoted saying "he wants gun, gays, and drugs, well, I can go along with 2, but all 3 is just too much". Almost every Obama bill is big and ambitious but has little real meat, it's all hype to make him look good and filled with fees, taxes, and more bureaucracy.

The gun bill didn't fail because of the NRA or background checks, it failed because of all the other crap they tried to sneak in with it.

Same with Obamacare which is in fact causing premiums to skyrocket, hurting businesses, and lots of people, and is crashing down around Obama. Many libs and dems are now talking about what a huge failure it is/will be.

take the politics to the political board***

Apr 21, 2013, 11:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

spot on, tk79. there are 2 things that i don't talk about

Apr 21, 2013, 3:56 PM

with family and friends - politics and religion - and this thread encompasses them both. we all have our own ideas of what will keep america at the top of the list of the worlds' greatest countries, and they should be discussed in a board meant for that type of discussions, not on a sports board. i do really think (or at least hope) that everyone has the u.s. as their top priority, not their own agenda.

Re: To the Obama post

Apr 21, 2013, 3:34 PM

None of our former Presidents that I am aware of had Muslims on their Administration nor did they allow Muslims to hold prayer in the White House. I just wish JC Watts had stayed in politics but there are many blacks that would have one a better job of keeping America safe -hard to fight the Muslims when the President is one himself. Looking forward to a real American becoming President in 2016.

Yep, Tigergirl. Let's get it back to being white and right,

Apr 21, 2013, 8:28 PM

the way America should be. And just for you, here is Darlene McBride, a musician you'll appreciate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZaQKskP-A

Actually, that video is for pretty much 90% of Tigernet. Enjoy!

Finally this post is off the Tiger Board and on the….

Apr 21, 2013, 4:37 PM

political board where it belongs

Replies: 121
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic