Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The loss to Georgia is on Morris !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

The loss to Georgia is on Morris !

Sep 2, 2014, 7:23 AM

better learn to adjust the play calling !

He totally lost it for us.

You can not run the ball up the middle when they sacking the box and bringing more than you can block.

Not worth $300k if he refuses to adjust his play calling.

Dabo better get on him ! Better have plan B for stacking the box !

THROW TO THE TE OVER THE MIDDLE OR RUN MORE JET SWEEPS !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The loss to Georgia is on Morris !

Sep 2, 2014, 7:26 AM

thanks for your input coach sportsfan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2014, 7:29 AM

Do not have to be a coach to see that !

Most OCs are in the sky box to see what is going on !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, it's Monday. Stop looking backwards because there

Sep 2, 2014, 7:40 AM

are still plenty of obstacles in front of you.

Yes, Clemson lost to Georgia. It wasn't the first time Clemson ever lost a game and I got news for you Sportsfan - it will not be the last.

The best advise I can give (I had to learn myself) is this - Don't spoil the good that comes with the "what could have been" scenarios. Your expectations vs what life gives will rarely, if ever, align. So enjoy what comes close and, at the very least, the time you have with others even when it doesn't.

Life goes on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

The 2012 and 2013 losses to USuC are also on Morris.

Sep 2, 2014, 7:55 AM

The only thing we can do is hope he learned from it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yes Sir, Oh Mighty Master....I shall first bow on bended

Sep 2, 2014, 8:00 AM

knee to the wisdom emanating from your brilliant mind and crawl on all fours to the office of our Head Coach.

Then and only then will I relay your momentous observations, imploring with every ounce of energy I can muster for our Illustrious Leader on the Gridiron to heed your demands.

Afterwards, once I have been royally and thoroughly tossed out of his domain on my not-so-royal behind, I shall then report to you his comments, which more than likely will be limited to a brief, "Go f--- yourself!"

The latter, of course, being his words, not mine, for I would be remiss were I to cast stones (or ill words) at one who perceives himself The Grand Poobah of Clemson Football! lol

Re: Yes Sir, Oh Mighty Master....I shall first bow on bended

Sep 2, 2014, 8:45 AM

Why have tiger boards if you can not express the issues or so clear problems from the loss. Some are here to talk bad about other here on the board. Plain and simple.

are you not talking bad about Morris?***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 2, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes Sir, Oh Mighty Master....I shall first bow on bended ]

Sportsfan: You sir are 100% correct in your comments and statement re Tigernet. Apparently many of the people on here need to learn some things about flootball and coaching. as proof:
if one saw the Louisville-Miami game last nite the differences in approaches to us were staggering. They coached to WIN. Sure the frosh QB turned it over deep in his territory once but look at how the passes over the middle and down and outs got them out of deep in their territory several times.
The fact is that Morris is unable (to this point) to adjust and there is no excuse for that second half debacle no matter what he says. The concern about freshmen losing confidence is complete and total bs. That's what coaches are supposed to do when a young player makes a mistake. Boost him up. Look at all the good plays the young QB from L'ville made. Did you catch the comment about him being 6'%'' and able to see over the middle during a pass rush. Maybe our Cole can't see the middle!!
Until Morris adjusts and comes away with a clear victory over a top team, I say the book is still out on him. Sure his offense looks good against the weak teams but against the better teams it has been poor in several contests. He must change his coaching style or we will suffer. please don';t forget he's only got 4 years or so at top level NCAA football coaching. He's supposed to be still learning but UI really wonder if he is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You expressed your opinions, my Friend, which, of course,

Sep 2, 2014, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes Sir, Oh Mighty Master....I shall first bow on bended ]

is your right, and I would defend that right.

However, there is a difference between expressing criticisms with positive suggestions and suggesting that someone is not worth a certain amount of money if they don't do what you say.

Think about it....

hartins,

Sep 2, 2014, 10:54 AM

from our experience, talking logically does not work with this one!!

hth in advance my head

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Maybe not, Dave, but I like to give every man a fair shake

Sep 2, 2014, 11:13 AM

of the hand, rather than a shrug of the shoulders.

I'm aware of his posting habits, I can assure you.

Sep 2, 2014, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Yes Sir, Oh Mighty Master....I shall first bow on bended ]

Great post!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he's right that the playcalling in the 2nd half sucked***

Sep 2, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Yes Sir, Oh Mighty Master....I shall first bow on bended ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mad bro?***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:04 AM

Was anyone else having flashbacks to the Rob Spence era?***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Was anyone else having flashbacks to the Rob Spence era?***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:19 AM

I blame the loss on who ever decided not to get the freshman ready. To play DJ howard over adam and Wayne is crazy. A Scott should have been more in the game plan too.

Sep 2, 2014, 8:52 AM

Did you really expect a former option qb to be ready to play at a top 15 teams stadium without even a month of practice?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Uhhh...yes...I did

Sep 2, 2014, 9:08 AM

He's been practicing for the last four years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He wasn't even expected to play this year till the injury

Sep 2, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Was anyone else having flashbacks to the Rob Spence era?*** ]

10 days before to Brooks. Do people really think that a possible redshirt is going to get the reps in practice to get him ready instead of players that they know will play?

Sep 2, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Was anyone else having flashbacks to the Rob Spence era?*** ]

Go read dabos presser on the freshmen .,I just posted topic as ??? DABO press conf.

Unfortunately, he is right on the money.

Sep 2, 2014, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 2, 2014, 10:12 AM

Ok so they looked bad in the second half. I get that. But why is everyone so down on Morris. I have seen this over and over. Every time we lose we blame it on the coaches. I got news for everyone...the coaches call the plays but the players have to execute it. How do we know he didn't call slants over the middle and the players didn't get open or the OL didn't give the QB enough time to throw.

It seems to me that the only thing I would criticize the coaches for is that they kept moving people around...on both sides of the ball. First half, Guillermo is in at center and hikes the ball through his legs, where was Norton? We were playing musical chairs with the line all night. It seemed like every player we have on offense played.

On defense I saw many times where Vic Beasley stood up and didn't go hard ala Clown man last year. It almost seemed like we played this game as a scrimmage or preseason game. Get everyone in and try some things and just see if the personnel and plays will work.

Where was our incredible defense? Georgia wasn't running anything exotic...they were student body right and left and it was like our D wasn't even there.

There is a lot of blame to go around on this one and I think most has to rest with the players...like always. Coaches can only call plays.

We also don't know what the QB's were told about being conservative with the passes i.e. don't force anything. Maybe Cole let the IT freak him out because he didn't seem like the same QB after that.

Who knows there are so many things that happen during a game that there is no way to determine one thing that caused it. I remember games where we got away from running and everyone was all over Morris because he didn't stick with it. The man is a offensive genius and has our team regularly in the top 20 in offense. Who are we to second guess him? We don't know the strengths of the players like they do. They see them in practice every day. We don't.

I think the worst thing that happened is that we played a really good Georgia team with a relatively inexperienced team that I think will be good down the road. It seemed like once we got down everyone just kind of gave up. Same thing happened three years ago in the OB and against GT. Someone on this team has to step up and be a leader. Has to not let that mentality take over during a game. Remember when MD was killing us a few years ago? Dwayne Allen was stalking the sidelines saying that they would score 70 if that is what it took. We need someone like that.

Just my humble opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually a draw play up the middle is a great call

Sep 2, 2014, 10:16 AM

when they are blitzing....HTH

Note: He'll never see that due to me being blocked but he's wrong when it comes to that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 2, 2014, 11:37 AM

I agree to an extent. My take was it was 24-21 for 3 strait possessions and the offense went 3 and out every time, the D gave the O plenty of chances to tie or retake the lead. But instead the offense caused the D to tire by keeping them on the field 80% of the 2nd half. Some decent drives and points wouldn't have led to 21 4th qtr points.

That's strange, I though this was a team sport.***

Sep 2, 2014, 12:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Granted, but that doesn't fit the agenda.***

Sep 2, 2014, 1:32 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic