Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The level of play we have faced this year in the ACC did nio
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

The level of play we have faced this year in the ACC did nio

Nov 25, 2012, 9:57 AM

Prepare us for this game. While the defense has a lot of work to do, it played well enough to win if our offense played as it has been. Tajh has improved so much this year, but where he still needs to improve is how he plays under pressure, and he did not face the kind of pressure he faced last night this year. When he has time he can pick the defense apart, but he did not have the time he has grown accustomed to. Tajh is not the only player who did not play to the standard we have come to expect. Sure handed Nuk dropped passes. Invincible Sammy was a non factor.

Better throws, better catches on offense and defense, and better officiating on pass interference calls, and this game could have gone the other way. But this loss cannot be attributed to one player, one play, or one call. Last night The better team won, and it was SC.

As much as I enjoyed the days when we dominated SC, those days are over. If we want to beat them, we need our A game, and last night we just did not have it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The level of play we have faced this year in the ACC did nio

Nov 25, 2012, 10:10 AM

Play calling. Trying to go downfield when they were pass rushing with no regard for the run, since we gave up trying to run for no good reason. No quick passes, no misdirection. Didn't try anything that would slow down or exploit there hyper aggressive pass rush.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm starting to think maybe the ACC really isn't that good

Nov 25, 2012, 10:13 AM

We all know there are some bad teams. But even the "good teams" may not be that good on a national scale. FSU has the number one defense in the nation (until yesterday), but I think those numbers that give them that rating exist because of their competition. I really thought FSU's defense was comparable to USC's. A lot of people said they were better. I thought they were about the same. In reality USC's defense is better than FSU's defense. And USC's offense is really not that good.

By the numbers, on defense, I thought we played about as well as I could have hoped. 27 points is not that bad. I thought we would win if we held them to 27 points. But the score really doesn't tell the story. They absolutely controlled the ball the entire game. We couldn't get our offense on the field. I think they did better at controlling the clock than Ga Tech does. When you only have the ball for barely 20 minutes, 27 is more than enough points to win.

I think it's time to start shopping for a new conference. It's really bad, but in the ACC you can actually be a mediocre team and think you're a world-beater. We need to play teams that will give us a reality check. As long as we stay in the ACC we will never get the respect our record deserves. And our record may be more than we deserve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic