Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The lesson learned moving forward for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The lesson learned moving forward for Clemson

Dec 26, 2018, 2:24 PM

Is to drug test every player throughout the the year to ensure that traces of this stuff aren't accidentally ingested with protein shakes, etc.

GNC isn't highly regulated and just because a shake isn't supposed to have something in it, cross contamination happens.

Moving forward, we should constantly be drug testing our guys with "no strings attached". We aren't doing it looking for something, but just precautionary measures.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't the staff have to report any failed drug test?***

Dec 26, 2018, 2:25 PM

Clemson

No. This is not a conference mandated test or anything other than

Dec 26, 2018, 2:28 PM

Our doctors ensuring that our athletes aren't hurting their bodies.

It's like a cholesterol test basically.

They do report, but penalties are up to the school

Dec 26, 2018, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Wouldn't the staff have to report any failed drug test?*** ]

Not subject to NCAA testing and the harsher penalties while suspended by the school.

can the companies that cross contaiminate

Dec 26, 2018, 2:26 PM

be held legally accountable? If Clemson finds out a supplement is giving them ostarine because of cross contamination sounds like the facilities are not cleaned to FDA standards and a class action law suit could be on the hands of the supplement companies

Re: can the companies that cross contaiminate

Believe Dabo DID say they test their players all year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: can the companies that cross contaiminate

Dec 26, 2018, 5:40 PM [ in reply to can the companies that cross contaiminate ]

I agree. Take deatailed history of any health supplements of these three. Determine a causative agent then have CU legal team go after said company that make money off misleading products.

Re: The lesson learned moving forward for Clemson

We already test the players all year. They are also instructed not to take anything they buy on their own.

Well who knows then. Maybe this couldn't have been prevented

Dec 26, 2018, 2:30 PM

Just a thought

Re: Well who knows then. Maybe this couldn't have been prevented

Dec 26, 2018, 2:31 PM

Good article on how this all works and how it is monitored:

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson-football-investigating-following-dexter-lawrence-ostarine-news/article_de9a4558-0922-11e9-9654-67f9e4142299.html

Gotcha. So if we are tested twice a month in house, then

Dec 26, 2018, 2:39 PM

we can narrow down pretty good I guess when the Ostarine was ingested.

I'm assuming we were clean on that test. So the NCAA test at most was within 15 days or so.

Re: Well who knows then. Maybe this couldn't have been prevented

Dec 26, 2018, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Well who knows then. Maybe this couldn't have been prevented ]

"The Tigers are given a pages-long list of substances that are prohibited by the NCAA as they go throughout the season. The list is so long Ferrell indicated he couldn’t finish reading it."

the first thing I thought of when I read this was that scene where Bugs Bunny is flipping through an article on tasmanian devils to see what they like to eat. He finishes, but then a hand (paw) comes from off screen and flips the page: "And especially....RABBITS!" It's like Dex thought he was completely safe, and then a NCAA hand came from offscreen and flipped to the last page, with one item on it.

Dec 26, 2018, 2:39 PM

Players get all their nutritional needs met at the Reeves football facility. A full galley and also a smoothie bar in the weight room. Fully staffed. With this type of investment they’ll likely up the anti and independently test all food and supplements that are allowed into the facility then ask the players to stick to eating only in the facility when on campus and provide them the tested supplements for when they are off campus.

A crazy world we live in but when you look at the money and resources an independent testing or a sole source provider with contractual liability for quality would be a small additional investment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

up the anti?***

Dec 26, 2018, 2:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 2:53 PM

Good point. Supplements aren't highly regulated, but most athletes probably take them. Just reading some material by "Arnold", "The Terminator," and 6 times Mr. Olympia World Wide. He actually started off a a power lifter in Austria, not as a body builder. He bench pressed 500 pounds. My point in this rant is that he emphasized the importance of supplements in this type of athletic endeavor, saying that this type of athlete could not possibly get the required amounts in a regular diet. I guess my point is that buying supplements exposes anyone to a certain degree of risk. I take a lot of them, and would probably fail a drug tets.

Dec 26, 2018, 3:01 PM

Taking drugs will also cause you to fail drug tests, so there's that.

They are tested.***

Dec 26, 2018, 4:40 PM

Dec 26, 2018, 4:50 PM

Easily the most naive post on this topic yet.

Dec 26, 2018, 4:53 PM

Ferrell said the NCAA conducts random drug tests about three times a year and Clemson does its own drug testing once or twice a month. In those cases, players are only given a day’s notice, Ferrell said.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic