Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm harsh on Brad, but after watching that game I'm going to defend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I'm harsh on Brad, but after watching that game I'm going to defend

Dec 31, 2019, 7:13 PM

Here's why! I saw so many wide open shots and opportunity blown by the players. Miami made their open shots. We kept missing them one by one and Brad even changed up a scheme by offensively attacking the glass. I commend him for that. At some point these young men need to do some soul searching and decide do they want to bond and do whatever it takes. Work overtime on their shot and get better. A coach can only do so much. If you are open for shots on offense then the coach is doing something right on that end. I remember when players use to call team meetings and challenge the manhood of the players for accountability. It's time to see that. Who are the leaders bc they need to step up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One question...

Dec 31, 2019, 7:21 PM

Who recruited those players?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

A second question: Who is supposed to be coaching these

Dec 31, 2019, 10:55 PM

players? Are shooting drills not part of daily practice? If not, just one more BIG reason Brown-L should get gone. He's either recruiting poor shooters, or turning them into poor shooters after they get here. Either way, the results are the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm harsh on Brad, but after watching that game I'm going to defend

Dec 31, 2019, 7:44 PM

You are right and alot of shortcomings in games in past years we're bc we lacked a guy who could make a play in the final minutes....

But bottom line is it happens every year...at this point it's all on Brownell. This year isn't some anomaly

Yeah, it's really a terrible situation those players have

Dec 31, 2019, 8:02 PM

been forced on him. He should be allowed to recruit his own players.

CHANGE!

NOW!

The last two shots to tie

Jan 1, 2020, 1:01 AM

Are anyone needs to see. No coaching at all.

Re: The last two shots to tie

Jan 1, 2020, 1:41 AM

Well for once we tried attacking the offensive boards. Im very happy with that. At some point our guys have to make baskets when they are wide open.
As far as recruiting goes I've been down in Myrtle Beach watching our signee PJ hall all week and I'm telling you this kid is the real deal. Massive player that can shoot from anywhere on the court as well as throw down vicious dunks. Makes every free throw as well. For the whole tournament he shot 67 percent from 3. And won MVP while battling the flu. Sat beside Tony Bennett of Virginia and he told me point blank... Y'all have some serious recruits headed your way. I'll take it from him. At least help is on the way. I'm praying for Brad to right the ship

Re: The last two shots to tie

Jan 1, 2020, 7:37 AM

Well for once we tried attacking the offensive boards. Im very happy with that. At some point our guys have to make baskets when they are wide open.
As far as recruiting goes I've been down in Myrtle Beach watching our signee PJ hall all week and I'm telling you this kid is the real deal. Massive player that can shoot from anywhere on the court as well as throw down vicious dunks. Makes every free throw as well. For the whole tournament he shot 67 percent from 3. And won MVP while battling the flu. Sat beside Tony Bennett of Virginia and he told me point blank... Y'all have some serious recruits headed your way. I'll take it from him. At least help is on the way. I'm praying for Brad to right the ship

Yeah, UVa recruited Olivier Prosper as well so make sense what Bennett said. My only concern is can these recruits be effective under Brad's coaching. We need a coach who can really develop players overall. Might as well go a different direction even if we could potentially lose these guys.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic