Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson in the SEC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Clemson in the SEC?

Jan 9, 2019, 2:01 PM

The overwhelming excuse narrative coming from Team SEC after Monday's beatdown (since we pretty much took everything else away) has been: "But, but... Clemson still wouldn't be as good in the SEC."

I've heard radio callers and even some pundits talking about this this week, notably on XM channel 84 this morning.

Everyone seems to be forgetting how many SEC teams we play and our record against them. Since 2015, when we started this run, we're 9-2 vs. the Mighty SEC, with the only losses being to Bama. That's an 82% clip playing exclusively good SEC teams (plus USuCk).

Bama's conference record during that stretch is 30-2 (93%). UGA's is 23-9 (72%).

You're telling me we wouldn't have a record close to or better than Bama's splitting 4 games with them, then padding our record with games against powerhouses like Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vandy, UK, Mizzou, Tennessee, Miss St?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson in the SEC?

Jan 9, 2019, 2:05 PM

If CLEMSON were in the SEC, then Bama, UGA, nor LSU would get to play in the CFP. The SEC would not like that. If CLEMSON beat Bama in the SECCG by 28 points (and it could have been worse), who in their right mind would have allowed Bama to play in the CFP?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 2:07 PM

To any SEC crybabies, I ‘d just reply with one simple phrase-

“Sucks to be you.”

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 2:07 PM

yes, but if Bama played in the ACC Coastal, they would be 7-5 as that is the bylaws of that division.

The last three years in a row, we beat the SEC West Champion

Jan 9, 2019, 2:09 PM

2 of those were the SEC Champions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last three years in a row, we beat the SEC West Champion

Jan 9, 2019, 2:17 PM

Isn't the rest of the SEC 2-26 against the SEC champ?

Tell that to your Coot/SEC folks and see how long it takes.... ;)

I think the only two times a SEC team has beaten the crowned SEC champ was Bama over LSU in the BCS and then Bama over Georgia last year.

We Want Arkansas !!***

Jan 9, 2019, 2:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic