Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Smith, Tiger Women’s BB future?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Coach Smith, Tiger Women’s BB future?

Feb 28, 2018, 8:22 PM

Despite getting a slight extension, what does DRad now do regarding our Women’s program? The team lost our leading returning player to injury just before the season and we never overcame the loss. Does Smith get an extra year?

My opinion is one of giving her one season with a full compliment of players, but expect marked improvement in the ACC as in at least six or more wins or dismissal at the close of the campaign. Clemson should be able to better compete than what has transpired over the last decade plus.

Comments welcomed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, her son is on the bb team***

Feb 28, 2018, 8:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, her son is on the bb team***

Feb 28, 2018, 8:45 PM

and her daughter is a incoming Freshmen this coming season for the Women's Volleyball team.

Re: Yes, her son is on the bb team***

Feb 28, 2018, 8:53 PM

I knew about her son, but was unaware of her daughter joining volleyball. Coach Smith still has to show marked improvement next year.

Go Tigers!

Re: Coach Smith, Tiger Women’s BB future?

Feb 28, 2018, 10:15 PM

That team needs more than one player in order to have an impact in the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Yeah if losing 1 player means going 1-17 in AcC

Feb 28, 2018, 10:40 PM

Then how good was this team really going to be with her?

Feb 28, 2018, 10:24 PM

They ran off Jim Davis. Still paying the price. This women's program is a joke. We are not even competitive. Family ties to other programs or not a change is coming. D-Rad will not except this!!

How many years has it been and can only win one game

Mar 1, 2018, 8:40 AM

in the conference? Feel sorry for the team because they really try.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Davis's ACC Record

Mar 1, 2018, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Smith, Tiger Women’s BB future? ]

the last three years of his tenure at Clemson was 5-11 , 7-9 and 2-12. Explain to me how firing Mr. Davis was a mistake?

Re: Mr. Davis's ACC Record

Mar 1, 2018, 8:58 PM

I think Davis was a very good technical coach. Was having trouble his last couple years bringing in solid talent. IMO, it was due in some part to his very intense demeanor with the players during games which didn't favorably impress potential recruits. Recall reading a comment Davis made the last year or so before leaving that he needed to make an effort to tone down his on court approach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2018, 1:14 PM

Considering Davis' lengthy period of success, probably should've been given another year to see if there would be reasonable improvement and/or better recruiting results. But given the ACC record his last year and apparently little significant talent coming in, it would have been a difficult job. Don't recall the team's record the next year or if there was attrition from early departures prior to it.

Mar 1, 2018, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Mr. Davis's ACC Record ]

He took us to the ncaa s something like 12 to 15 years in a row. Won the acc a couple of times and got screwed because he was mean to one of his players or that’s what she said boo boo. What has the program done without him ??? H e l l yes it was a mistake and we done a fine man wrong

Mar 2, 2018, 12:32 AM

Your question is a different issue. Again, given Mr. Davis’s ACC record his last 3 year’s at Clemson, how was it a mistake to fire him?

Mar 1, 2018, 8:42 AM

I COULD SEE COACH SMITH GETTING INTO ADMINISTRATION. SHE DOES LOVE CLEMSON. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WIMMENS BBALL BUT IF WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A TEAM WE NEED TO BE GOOD AT IT.

Mar 1, 2018, 9:47 PM

I care about all Clemson sports

Mar 2, 2018, 1:08 AM

I care too. Not sure why any Clemson fan would say they don’t care about a sport where our student athletes are wearing the name Clemson with a Tiger Paw on their jerseys.

I believe some fans say it just because we are so bad at it lately and it’s the one thing the coots are good it. Unfortunate.

Coach Coleman was fired after a 3-yr 10-38 conference record

Mar 1, 2018, 8:56 AM

Coach Smith has gone 9-71 in 5 years. If she gets another year then to me it's obvious that we don't care about WBB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

The last 3 hires show we dont care about WBB***

Mar 1, 2018, 9:50 PM

Re: The last 3 hires show we dont care about WBB***

Mar 1, 2018, 9:58 PM

disagree a little. don't think, on paper Umoh was a bad hire. great player here, had been an asst here, had asst experience at PSU. didn't work out, so it can be considered a "bad hire". but she had good credentials when she was hired.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have loved to have seen it work out for her.***

Mar 1, 2018, 10:14 PM

Re: The last 3 hires show we dont care about WBB***

Mar 2, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: The last 3 hires show we dont care about WBB*** ]

I think that's fair, but after the terrible hire of McKinney I thought we needed to go after someone with experience of winning at some level. The McKinney hire was baffling, I just have a hard time with Itoro because I never felt like she took the job seriously.

McKinney was a terrible hire

Mar 1, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to The last 3 hires show we dont care about WBB*** ]

And it really says something that she's the best of the last 3

Re: McKinney was a terrible hire

Mar 2, 2018, 12:03 PM

That was obvious from the get go, zero personality.

turned out she lived in my neighborhood

Mar 2, 2018, 5:18 PM

after she got fired she was hiring local neighborhood kids for a day to pack up things in her house. Me and my brother went over and helped (i was like 17 at the time) and it was her

You should put up a warning label before posting

Mar 1, 2018, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Coach Coleman was fired after a 3-yr 10-38 conference record ]

numbers like that.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic