Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The kids are spoiled. I blame Dabo.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,765

The kids are spoiled. I blame Dabo.

Jun 26, 2018, 9:21 PM

It wasn’t too long ago that hated go to games at Death Valley. Not because I hate Clemson, or my family. No. It was because I hated the nearly silent car ride home after a loss. Sometimes you get beat. But under the Tommy’s you could almost tell when it wasn’t gonna be our day. If the team looked excited as the got off the bus, it looked good. If they we subdued, probably not.

Thing is, we rarely lose at home these days. 20-1 over the last three seasons, and 39-3 over the last six. And I have a strong belief this team will stretch that record to 46-3 by the end of the year.

Could you imagine a time 10-20 years ago in which Clemson would lose only once every few years at home?! Not me. Thanks Dabo. Keep doing the thing. You obviously know what you’re doing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The kids are spoiled. I blame Dabo.

Jun 26, 2018, 9:44 PM

Home games in the 2Tommy era were sometimes a crapshoot . You'd hope for the best . Not against FSU , but Maryland or NC State type games .
These days , under Dabo Swinney ... and I hate to sound pompous ... we just simply rule the valley and the other teams do the hoping .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 26, 2018, 9:52 PM

I remember those years when I was excited to be confident that we would have a winning season!

During those ex-coach Tommy Bowden days, who by the way

Jun 27, 2018, 8:45 AM

was a good Christian man, you could always tell in the first few plays how it was going to go and rarely would it change course after that. Ralph Friedgen was right, come out and punch Tommy's teams in the mouth early in the game and they were done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I remember when they made soft drink bottles for

Jun 27, 2018, 8:51 AM

undefeated HOME SEASONS. Things have changed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember when they made soft drink bottles for

Jun 27, 2018, 10:34 AM

1974.Undefeated at home, but roadkill on the road. But, just the fact that the undefeated home season was worth a Pepsi bottle tells you how starved we were for success back then. Do not take it for granted now. As the OP said, we are spoiled now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 8:56 AM

Correct me if I’m wrong but we are 46-3 right now over the last 7 seasons. We were undefeated at home in 2011. Our 2011 record was 10-4 and the 4 loses were to GT, Nc state, sc, and West Virginia all away from home. Anyways GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic