Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it just me or are the people who are mad at Jimbo for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,814

Is it just me or are the people who are mad at Jimbo for

Oct 24, 2013, 2:07 PM

running the score up the same people that would want us to run the score up the other way around? If we were up by 28 against FSU, I'd want us to keep running up the score as well, so I can't be mad at FSU when they do it.

If we don't want to lose by outrageous amounts, we have to play better defense, simple as that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In NCAA football, style points matter...

Oct 24, 2013, 2:27 PM

Teams gotta do what they gotta do. Baylor's only shot is to score 70 points every game and see if that impresses enough people.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly

Oct 24, 2013, 2:31 PM

so if we got a 90 yard touchdown in the fourth quarter up by 30, I'd think it was great because it makes us look great against a team ranked #3. But if it happens to us it's bad sportsmanship

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In NCAA football, style points matter...

Oct 24, 2013, 4:05 PM [ in reply to In NCAA football, style points matter... ]

People make this argument all the time but you don't see it play out often. As long as you win by 2 TD pollsters don't really care if you run the score up. Bama could beat every team by 1 point and people would still have the #1 in the nation.

null

The issue isn't the amount of points

Oct 24, 2013, 3:21 PM

The issue is who is scoring the points.

Re: The issue isn't the amount of points

Oct 24, 2013, 3:45 PM

I never once viewed the game as FSU running up the score. They simply just whipped us and we were unable to stop them. I mean they went to the slow running TE on that play from the endzone. They executed a nice play and we failed to stop them.

Last year when they beat us, they actually could have beaten us worse but didn't Jimbo call the dogs off when they got down close to the goal line at the end and just took a knee.

Oct 24, 2013, 4:12 PM

That midget coach had his starters in midway through the 4th quarter when he was up 6 TDs. I don't really like to see players get hurt, but it would have been karma had Winston or Freeman went out for the season for padding stats in junk time.

Dabo would have already had Boyd and Stoudt pulled by that point, and probably had Kelly and Davidson in the game.

Oct 24, 2013, 4:31 PM

Stop them. Plain and simple. 51 points IMO isn't running the score up especially when our offense gives the ball back every 20 seconds. It's a pretty standard winning score nowadays. I'd rather see us run the clock out while losing than see another team have to take mercy on us.

Re: Is it just me or are the people who are mad at Jimbo for

Oct 24, 2013, 4:36 PM

When you are playing big boys there is no such thing like running up the score... They have to keep momentum on their side.

but big boy football is only played in the sec according to

Oct 24, 2013, 4:38 PM

Espn

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Thing is, they didn't run up the score..

Oct 24, 2013, 4:37 PM

We just played that bad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. It could have been 100 to. We were lucky our

Oct 24, 2013, 6:14 PM

defense didn't completely fold like most would when the offense plays so poorly.

They didn't run up the score

Oct 24, 2013, 5:22 PM

If anybody is mad at Jimbo about the score Saturday then you should have been on the Syracuse coach's side who was mad at Dabo for trying to score before halftime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They didn't run up the score

Oct 24, 2013, 6:26 PM

I'm not saying they did, quite the opposite

I always follow the saying:

Oct 24, 2013, 6:12 PM

"It's not our job to stop our offense."

It does sting when the shoe is on the other foot though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,814
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic