Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ire directed at Kelly Bryant on this site is crazy...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

The ire directed at Kelly Bryant on this site is crazy...

Oct 23, 2018, 5:44 PM

Kelly is a Clemson graduate, probably unlike many on here, who by all accounts was a hard worker and very likable guy who waited behind the greatest player in Clemson history. He's probably given more time, sweat and blood to Clemson than most posters on this site. He got his shot and led us all the way back to the playoffs when hardly anyone picked us to go back at the beginning of the year. You can say we won in spite of him but you'd be wrong. In fact, he was THE main reason why we won a number of games with his legs and with key throws when it mattered.
Sure, he is limited in the passing game and would frustrate me with his high throws from time to time, but rare is the player who can run like he can and throw like TL (DW comes to mind).

He was the starter of a team that made the playoffs last year and was the #2 team heading into this year and he lost his job despite losing one game in a year and change and no games this year. How would he not be frustrated? He's also 22 years old so some natural lashing out when he heard the news was completely understandable. I seem to remember Jalen Hurts lashing out before the season started for similar reasons.

Then today, without even knowing what he says in an interview (which I'm sure ESPN initiated), people on here throw him under the bus again. For all we know, he may say he was blessed for the time he spent at Clemson but felt it was in his best interest to move on once it was clear TL was the starter. Fine, why does that upset so many people? Put yourself in his shoes.

We always say on here and to other fan bases that Clemson is a family, which is what makes it so very special. But the way KB, again a Clemson alum, has been treated by many on here leads me to question that. If it was truly a Clemson family, we'd wish him well in his future endeavors and welcome him back whenever he returns, not bury him with insults once he leaves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ire directed at Kelly Bryant on this site is crazy...

Oct 23, 2018, 5:48 PM

There are two sides to this coin...and fans have some right to be upset. Kelly chose himself over the team. I think that's disappointing to a lot of people, including fans and likely some of his former teammates. Ultimately, though, Kelly felt like he had to do what was best for him, and it's hard to fault a person for that. I think it was an emotional decision, but who knows. Only Kelly knows that.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's fine to disagree with his decision, but the animosity

Oct 23, 2018, 5:52 PM

directed toward him is ridiculous.

if he wouldn't have said the idiotic things he did the day

Oct 23, 2018, 8:37 PM

After he announced his transfer people probably wouldn't speak negatively about him.

He definitely has some limitations to his game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's fine to disagree with his decision, but the animosity

Oct 23, 2018, 11:27 PM [ in reply to It's fine to disagree with his decision, but the animosity ]

Some sound like jealous ex-girlfriends.

And I love the posts from people saying there should never be any news about KB on TNET because they don’t care, yet they take the time to respond to everything about him.

Oct 24, 2018, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: The ire directed at Kelly Bryant on this site is crazy... ]

I get that some of y’all feel betrayed, but this is also college and he is doing what he believes is the right decision so he can have the best opportunity to maybe make an NFL roster. These are 22,21 year olds. Someone’s kids man, they have dedicated there entire lives thus far to this endeavor. Just sayin

Oct 23, 2018, 5:51 PM

I so agree with you.Show people we are CLEMSON FAMILY.Hope the best for KB.

Oct 23, 2018, 6:05 PM

"For all we know, he may say he was blessed for the time he spent at Clemson but felt it was in his best interest to move on once it was clear TL was the starter."

Fans are upset because he didn't say something like this FIRST. Instead, not only did he make what seems like an emotional decision (like another poster said, only Kelly really knows if it was emotional or not), but he also chose to throw Clemson, Dabo, his coaches, his teammates, the fans, etc under the bus with his words on the way out. The vitriol that's been spewed against him on TNet is probably over the top, but I'll be honest and say those words didn't sit well with me either.

He also could have chosen to redshirt but remain on the team and practice, improve his game for next year, and support his teammates. Instead he chose to quit on those that supported him and needed him.

I believe the hate (to the level it's been shown on TNet) is unwarranted. However, fans have the right to have a bad taste in their mouths for him because of the way he treated (and continues to treat) the situation.

Oct 24, 2018, 12:46 AM

Thank you. KB gave us a lot of wins and was thought to be ALL IN as a Clemson teammate. Turns out he wasn't. He did the worst thing he could do - he quit. Unfortunately for him, that will always be part of his legacy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2018, 1:12 AM

So, did his 151 yd, 0 passng TD performance give you the win last year vs FSU, the team we play this weekend? Or did the defense and RB's that are still here give you that? Asking for a friend

Oct 23, 2018, 6:07 PM

Lol you’re dumb. Kelly didn’t win us all those games, the defense did. If our offense had been on par with that defense, we probably could be repeat champions.

That's quite the intelligent response...

Oct 23, 2018, 8:01 PM

And, considering the only regular season game we lost was the one he barely played when the defense also played, and that we scored 47 against Louisville, 31 against Va Tech, 38 against NC STate, 31 against FSU, 34 against South Carolina and 38 against Miami, I'd say our offense had something to do with those wins.

Oct 23, 2018, 6:26 PM

He quit on his team , and it’s going to hurt him next year missing all the practice and reps.
Him playing at a crappy Arkansas is not going to do nothing but give him 1 more year to play.
Heck he would have got enough PT and exposure the rest of the year to probably have a better shot at the draft.
He will find out next season how difficult it is playing around AVG talent.

check last month's archives.. 'nnhilate noles.***

Oct 23, 2018, 6:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Oct 23, 2018, 8:17 PM

I didn't grad. from Clemson so I wont comment on Clemson related things. I'll wait until I want to criticize a non-clemson alum.

I'll just say the Clemson graduate who posted earlier that Kelly loves all the attention he is currently getting would be correct. Fortunately, after he goes 6-6 next year somewhere and looks very average along the way doing it, he can use those Clemson alumni connections to get a great job in the real world.

Oct 23, 2018, 8:19 PM

Born again coots.

Oct 23, 2018, 8:23 PM

90% of what's said on here is crazy. Your point? A ton of folks act like not converting every third down in a game means it's time to fire at least one O.C. it's crazy on here.

Very good point!***

Oct 23, 2018, 8:25 PM

Oct 24, 2018, 2:15 AM [ in reply to Re: The ire directed at Kelly Bryant on this site is crazy... ]

It’s weird, the name calling, btw Kelly believes he has a shot still to get on an NFL roster, that’s the part where this young man is following his heart.
These are business decisions, whether you like them or not is irrelevant. He may have made an emotional decision but in the end the kind of money that he could potentially make in the nfl and support his family also fulfill his dream.
Both parties in my mind are better off, the distraction might have created issues.

Oct 23, 2018, 8:53 PM

I was amazed at the animosity toward Kelly back during the summer leading up to the season. People seemed to think he had a personal vendetta to not pass the ball as well as they thought he should have. It was ludicrous. He carried our team last year in the aftermath of losing DW4. Those are huge shoes to fill.
Having said that, I agree it was the way he left that added fuel to the fire. Still, his leaving has now created a better and more stable situation for the offense. We should recognize that and be glad it all has worked out for the best.
Both our fan base and Kelly need to appreciate our past and now move forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TD just because I am tired of talking about this

Oct 23, 2018, 8:57 PM

move on people!

Oct 23, 2018, 8:58 PM

Got a great idea folks. Let's drop it. He'll say what he says, we may like it or we may not. But the sun will come up tomorrow, he'll be somewhere else and he isn't coming back and TL will be our quarterback. You think KB's decision was bad or dumb or not teammate worthy? Tell me, how does he compare with Chad Kelly who was arrested this very day? Were you still making all perfect decisions when you were twenty two? I know what my answer would have to be.

And I have no doubt he was close to his teammates and they with him. But I do not think we need to slam him for making a decision reasonably calculated to be in the best interests of his potential NFL career in the face of riding the pine for most of his senior season. Maybe it was the wrong decision but it was reasonably supportable and it was his.

Nothing about flaming ex players is going to advance the ball for us. We do not want to become the Carolina fan base in their reaction to XT or to Jakey's interceptions. It can reach the point that you only hurt your team.

who? Never heard of her***

Oct 23, 2018, 9:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 9:11 PM

I wasn't thinking about him....

Who?***

Oct 23, 2018, 9:13 PM

Who is this Ms. Bryant you speak of?

Oct 24, 2018, 1:02 AM

Never heard of her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 24, 2018, 1:06 AM

I really think most are just doing it to be outrageous, it’s behind us, to this h

Oct 24, 2018, 2:20 AM

Let's see how can make the best kumbaya comment?

Oct 24, 2018, 2:21 AM

Make that: Let's see who can make the best kumbaya comment.

Oct 24, 2018, 2:33 AM

I’m blaming this KB thing on Russian Bots

Oct 24, 2018, 7:36 AM

Where is the CLEMSON ALUMNI ONLY section was on Tigernet? I googled it and got nothing.....

I feel people are hard on KB because on the way out the door he felt he did not get a fair chance this season which everyone knows is simply not true. His tone has softened and is more humble in the ESPN interview.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic