Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
232-196 with not one pub voting to open an inquiry.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,017

232-196 with not one pub voting to open an inquiry.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:45 PM

Perfect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 Dems voted nay, 4 Dems did not vote......

Oct 31, 2019, 1:48 PM

#witchyhunt

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope this helps quell complaints that the inquiry

Oct 31, 2019, 1:50 PM

isn't "legitimate".

still not a vote to begin impeachment proceedings

Oct 31, 2019, 3:39 PM

just brings them out the basement

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but it doesnt allow Republicans to supoena witnesses

Oct 31, 2019, 3:54 PM

so still a banana republic witch hunt.

Re: but it doesnt allow Republicans to supoena witnesses

Oct 31, 2019, 4:05 PM

According to Mr Jordan from Ohio, Schiff is instructing witnesses not to answer certain questions from the Pubs too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There should be no consideration of political party

Oct 31, 2019, 4:38 PM [ in reply to but it doesnt allow Republicans to supoena witnesses ]

when deciding who can call witnesses, ask questions, etc.

wake up***

Oct 31, 2019, 8:05 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I don't recall any of the 'centrist,'...

Nov 1, 2019, 3:58 PM [ in reply to There should be no consideration of political party ]

like you complaining during the last few weeks of Schiff holding all those closed door meetings and refusing to allow the minority party to call witnesses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the statement is loaded.

Nov 4, 2019, 7:12 AM

"Schiff holding all those closed door meetings and refusing to allow the minority party to call witnesses"

I don't know that this is happening. If that is happening, I'm obviously against it.

irony is they are using procedures setup by republicans

Nov 1, 2019, 4:09 PM [ in reply to but it doesnt allow Republicans to supoena witnesses ]

for which the republicans are now arguing are unfair.

That's why 2018 was the worst since Watergate for Republican

Oct 31, 2019, 2:19 PM

House Members in a mid-term election. They lost over 40 seats.

Elections have consequences and it appears the voters are getting what they want in spite of the Republicans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's why 2018 was the worst since Watergate for Republican

Oct 31, 2019, 4:00 PM

I wouldn't say 'the voters' . I'd say mindless Dems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 232-196 with not one pub voting to open an inquiry.

Oct 31, 2019, 5:18 PM

Yep and it will never get through the Senate. It's been obvious from the beginning. Hard to believe anyone thought any different.

It's not so much as thinking...

Oct 31, 2019, 6:30 PM

it's more like wishing.

The hope is that public opinion will turn those pub senators

Nov 1, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: 232-196 with not one pub voting to open an inquiry. ]

into putting country before party. So far, they seem incapable of doing that, but we can hope.

Re: The hope is that public opinion will turn those pub senators

Nov 1, 2019, 7:13 PM

deweather said:

into putting country before party. So far, they seem incapable of doing that, but we can hope.

It'll be fascinating.

All the House GOP guys are on the block because House members stand for re-election every two years. Plus they knew Pelosi is a meticulous vote-counter and she knew she had the votes, so it's no skin off theirs to vote against something that's strictly procedural anyhow, especially when you know it's going to pass whatever you do.

This was a symbolic protest...and it isn't the impeachment vote, either. I'm curious to see what that ends up looking like. My suspicion is that the GOP guys who are leaving - like Will Hurd - are going to vote pretty close to 100% "impeach" unless they've got lobbyist gigs lined up that would preclude it. For the sake of their reputations they're not going to want to be seen to be Trump enablers; they know how Trump's going to end, and how he's going to be remembered by history.

Senators tend to take an even longer view. They know Trump's a crisis-maker who compulsively doubles down on every victory, so even if they vote him innocent tomorrow he's likely to do something worse the day after that...Trump, at the end of the day, is Trump's own worst enemy and by now all of Washington is fully aware of it. How much political capital do you expend on somebody fundamentally self-destructive who seems compelled to go "boom"? Plus, a lot of them aren't standing until 2022 or even 2024, and that would frighten me if I was Trump. Senators have usually been around a good long while and they know a lot can change in three years - Trump's been in office just three! - and even more can change in five; if they vote against him he can't just summarily primary them like he did with Sanford and will against anybody who's up for re-election again in 2020.

I still think it'll take co-factors - like the economy tanking - but if inertia starts to build and they're looking at personal ruin the GOP Senators assuredly aren't going down with the Trumptanic. I actually think it's as high as 50/50 because economic indicators are not looking great...and if a recession hits, that's when Trump's seemingly-perpetual 42-per-cent-or-so approval rating starts dropping into the 30's and he gets really vulnerable.

We've already seen Trump's ceiling. His floor is abysmal. He starts heading down, he's on his own.

Re: The hope is that public opinion will turn those pub senators

Nov 1, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to The hope is that public opinion will turn those pub senators ]

The Repub voters dont want Trump impeached out if office.

why

Oct 31, 2019, 7:06 PM

would the house NOT use the legal process?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why won't Dikkthroat let the 'whistleblower' testify?***

Oct 31, 2019, 8:09 PM

Re: why won't Dikkthroat let the 'whistleblower' testify?***

Oct 31, 2019, 8:18 PM

Because right wing terrorists will ruin the guy's life and his testimony is irrelevant.

I actually suspect the whistleblower will eventually testify, but I certainly hope not.

Bullsh*t***

Oct 31, 2019, 8:19 PM

There's no need for the whistleblower to testify given that

Nov 1, 2019, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: why won't Dikkthroat let the 'whistleblower' testify?*** ]

all of the people he/she talked to are testifying to what was said in the report. Republicans just want to trash him in public. All of these actual witnesses are so impeccable, that the Republicans only have "process" to whine about. And whine they will.

Non brain-dead Republicans(their numbers are dwindling) know this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just not realistic.

Nov 1, 2019, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: why won't Dikkthroat let the 'whistleblower' testify?*** ]

There are thousands of examples of people going on the offensive against Trump. They are fine.

But let the precedent be set. “The guy who accused you will remain anonymous because your supporters might be mean to him.” That will play out well for everyone as a defense. The Dems have never met an unintended consequence that they didn’t ignore.

null

Sideshow BS. Meanwhile....

Nov 4, 2019, 11:28 AM

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,017
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic