Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The guy that cuts my neighbors grass
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 345

The guy that cuts my neighbors grass

Sep 16, 2020, 8:33 AM

keeps destroying my sprinkler heads and they keep leaking/not popping up. The dude mows at break neck speed and pays zero attention. The folks next to me are SUPER old and the guy has a pace maker, so they rarely come outside to check on anything.

At what point do I confront their mower and tell him that if he does it again, I am going to kick his scrawny ###. Its 100 bucks each time, which is annoying as heck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are

Sep 16, 2020, 8:36 AM

your sprinkler heads in your neighbor’s lawn?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Why is the neighbor's yard guy mowing your lawn?***

Sep 16, 2020, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is the neighbor's yard guy going into your yard

Sep 16, 2020, 8:39 AM

and breaking your sprankler heads?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is he mowing frozen tundra in September?***

Sep 16, 2020, 8:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whay are you paying $100 for a sprinkler head?

Sep 16, 2020, 8:49 AM

Nice one is like $30 tops. Maybe add in some extra PVC and Glue for another $1-2.

Hang on a second. You are paying someone to drive their ### out to your house, and replace a $25 sprinkler head, and are paying them $100. It's all becoming clearer now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Takes them about 5 minutes to make it happen

Sep 16, 2020, 8:52 AM

Service call 60, Sprinkler head 40

They are in and out in 5 minutes. Worth it to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of neighbors across the street.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:11 AM

They were out of town and their main water line broke, just on their side of the meter. Water was gushing 3 feet in the air. Water flowing down the street. Major water bill incoming no doubt. Go out there and 4 nearest neighbors are all standing around looking at it. They know people are out of town. Water is going everywhere. People are frantically taking pictures to document the damage. One lady is looking up the number for the water department. I just looked at it, went back across the street into my garage, grabbed a pair of pliers, walked back, reached in meter hole, and cut off the valve nearest the street before the meter. Water stopped. They looked at me like I invented fire. Lady then chimes in the water department would get by later that afternoon. Also noted the water was flowing from the meter which had cracked, so it was on the city and told them to make sure they knew so not to charge for the water. Went back inside. Took maybe 5 minutes or so.

And lemme math this out.....it takes them 5 minutes? So an hourly rate of $1,200 an hour is "worth it" to you? What's even more impressive is you can do it yourself in 5 minutes and save $70. This is how I justify buying top notch appliances. Buy the best washer, dryer, dish washer, garbage disposal, whatever. Install it yourself, and with what you save paying someone else to deliver and install it, you've paid for the upgrade to the best model. You can pay a plumber $200 to come install a cheap, $90 toilet, or you can go out and buy a $200 toilet yourself that's far better quality and install it yourself.

Re: Reminds me of neighbors across the street.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:09 AM

Well look at you McGyver. I am not fixing it. That is just plain and simple. Sorry that is hard for you to understand. Just like I am not painting, installing appliance or changing out toilets.

I work hard, make good money and I can afford to do have others do it so that I dont have to do it at all.

I like to think that the mom and pop operation that fixes them for me appreciates it and I am sure it pays for a mortgage and food on the table and maybe even a vacation for them. That is fine with me if I do not have to take the time to fix it myself.

I mow my own grass. Isnt that good enough.

See, I don't mow my own grass anymore

Sep 16, 2020, 11:05 AM

Takes too much time. I have a mom and pop operation that does it.

;)

My brother did that same thing once, almost went to jail.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Reminds me of neighbors across the street. ]

Cops gave him a $200 ticket for tampering with the water main. They were going to haul him to jail for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol...I had a buddy who did disconnects for public utilities

Sep 16, 2020, 10:40 AM

He'd have some great stories about his disconnects in the hood, said they were all really similar. He'd go knock on the door, get no answer, leave the door hanger, turn off the water, and then as he was pulling away he'd see the old lady in a robe and curlers shuffling out to the curb with the t-handle in her hand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're certainly welcomed to try.

Sep 16, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to My brother did that same thing once, almost went to jail. ]

In fact, they can haul off the guy who cut our water line installing french drains as well. He turned our water off at the meter too. And the plumber who comes out to do the backflow valve inspection annually. Might want to add him to the list of felons. That's a freaking raket as well.

They would have hauled him off, but he talked his way out of

Sep 16, 2020, 11:26 AM

it. They don't mess around with that stuff in Goose Creek. If the water people don;t do it, they call teh cops immediately if the water is tampered with it.

19B® It was in Crowfield, so be careful.

So that I do not completely dox myself

Sep 16, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Why are ]

you will have to take my word on this one and you would understand better if you could see the yards and their driveway.

So the way their driveway sits, its really close to my house and I "think" some of their driveway is actually on my property. So my sprinkler heads run down the edge of their driveway. One is probably on them, for reasons I have no clue as its original with house, but its somewhat inline with the others by the driveway.

IF I wanted to be a neighbor like Ineg had, I am 99.9% certain I could make them move their driveway, thus gaining a little more yard and my sprinklers would be totally on me.

Again hard to describe and I am too lazy to pull the survey or original lot lines. And to boot, I cannot find the posts, so womp womp.

Re: So that I do not completely dox myself

Sep 16, 2020, 8:46 AM

Once they sell, I feel like this will be an issue, but we shall see and i will worry about that when the time comes.

Maybe I am underthinking this, but have you considered

Sep 16, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to So that I do not completely dox myself ]

just asking the lawn guy to stop cutting the grass between their driveway and your house? Let him know you'll take care of it, you are pretty sure it's your property, and that he's busted a few sprinkler heads and it won't be an issue if he stays on the other side of the driveway.

My guess is he'll say SI SENOR and problem is solved.

Re: Maybe I am underthinking this, but have you considered

Sep 16, 2020, 8:59 AM

we have had a tussle before because these older folks dont know any better and he was ripping their lawn to shreds and I was reseeding it for them about every other mow.

he didnt like me telling him what to do, so the GIF above will likely apply this time. He looks like he is from Florence and drinks Natty Light for Breakfast.

Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:02 AM

FBCoachSC®

Bury your sprinkler heads deeper.***

Sep 16, 2020, 8:46 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bury your sprinkler heads deeper.***

Sep 16, 2020, 8:49 AM

I always try to bury my head deeper.

Re: The guy that cuts my neighbors grass

Sep 16, 2020, 9:29 AM

3' piece of rebar buried next to your sprinkler head. Leave about 4" exposed above ground.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 9:40 AM

I wish we could see more of that chick fight.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:42 AM

Immediately in a nice way. Have you even mentioned it? What have you been waiting on?

Here's a fix

Sep 16, 2020, 10:09 AM

Drive a rebar stake in the ground next to the sprinkler head. Paint it orange, or don't. Either way, he won't hit it twice.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I hope you're charging your neighbor's lawn guys

Sep 16, 2020, 10:16 AM

for those $100 a pop, or else I would say the rebar method described above is needed.

Our lawn guys kept hitting our drain cleanout plug and breaking it. I wanted to replace it with this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-4-in-Brass-DWV-Threaded-Raised-Head-Cleanout-Plug-42374/100346920

Wound up finding an inverted plug and it has stopped being hit. Goodluck to your adventures.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Idiots who cut the WND's grass get grass clippings on my car

Sep 16, 2020, 10:28 AM

like its their job. There's a strip of grass that they can only use a weed trimmer, and I swear they aim the trimmers at my truck.

I went and said something to them last week while I was hosing off my truck, and he apologized, but that don't clean my truck. I told him next time they were paying to wash both vehicles.

Moving in less than 3 weeks. Can't wait.

Replies: 26
| visibility 345
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic