Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brian Kelly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Brian Kelly

Sep 29, 2015, 8:58 PM

Watched his presser today. Very very articulate. Seems like a solid coach not sure what ND fans don't like other than not winning the big one immediately. Dabo is different I am hoping his emotion and energy can put us over. I'll be at the game, yes coming in from Idaho. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Safe Travels...see you in DV...***

Sep 29, 2015, 9:04 PM

His sideline demeanor for one...

Sep 29, 2015, 9:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: His sideline demeanor for one...

Sep 29, 2015, 9:17 PM

I remember a couple of his bad ones.... I guess the the elitist of ND do not care for that behavior. I do enjoy watching Brent on the sidelines though.

BV is intense and animated

Sep 29, 2015, 9:19 PM

but he does scream f-bombs in the faces of his players like BK does.

Make no mistake about it, Brian Kelly is an ###

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: BV is intense and animated

Sep 29, 2015, 9:21 PM

Just a different style. I don't mind it. There's more than one way to do something.

Sep 29, 2015, 9:27 PM

BK's azzhatedness doesn't stop there.

He cares about himself, and himself only. There are countless examples, two of which are the way he left Cincinnati and Declan Sullivan's death.

Sep 29, 2015, 9:32 PM

The way he left Cincinnati stinks, but is pretty typical of how coaches leave programs unfortunately. Do you hate Chad Morris now?

What about Declan Sullivan's sad death was related to Brian Kelly?

Probably the fact that

Sep 29, 2015, 9:36 PM

The winds were insane and anyone with a brain knows not to operate a scissor lift in 50+ mph winds.

Reports were that BK made the discussion to have outdoor practice and have the kid on the lift. Definitely an involuntary manslaughter issue

Re: Probably the fact that

Sep 29, 2015, 9:39 PM

That's a stretch. It's horrible that it happened, and he & the whole staff should have been more mindful of the situation. However, it's hard to suggest what happened was involuntary manslaughter. It was a horrible mistake, which unfortunately happens.

Involuntary manslaughter

Sep 29, 2015, 9:45 PM

Has nothing to do with "intent" in the sense of having a specific intent to kill someone. It deals with criminal negligence and recklessness.

If a private contractor put an employee in the same situation, and a death occurred, I guarantee that there would be a civil suit and criminal charges. But when you have money and an institution backing you the rules are different

Re: Involuntary manslaughter

Sep 29, 2015, 9:59 PM

I agree with the civil suit part, and would have totally understood if the family had pursued that. I guess involuntary manslaughter isn't out of the question, but when construction workers die as a result of faulty equipment I don't usually hear about involuntary manslaughter charges being brought up.

Regardless, the suggestion was a piece of crap for what happened. I guess I would contest that making a horrible mistake doesn't make someone a horrible person.

That was terrible... OK F BK***

Sep 29, 2015, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Probably the fact that ]

Re: Probably the fact that

Sep 29, 2015, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Probably the fact that ]

> The winds were insane and anyone with a brain knows
> not to operate a scissor lift in 50+ mph winds.
>
> Reports were that BK made the discussion to have
> outdoor practice and have the kid on the lift.
> Definitely an involuntary manslaughter issue

Don't talk about things you don't know. I understand this is a Clemson board and I have no problem with nd bashing and jokes and all that, but there were 30 different ''reports'' none of them verified and almost all of them were completely speculation. The kids freaking parents don't blame Kelly and have shown support for him, so who the heck are you to judge him?

Hello visiting ghey green leprechaun

Sep 30, 2015, 8:11 AM

I can talk about it because I know about it. If you don't like the things I say on a Clemson sports message board, then

Re: Hello visiting ghey green leprechaun

Sep 30, 2015, 8:44 AM

> I can talk about it because I know about it. If you
> don't like the things I say on a Clemson sports
> message board, then
>
>

You know about it? Im sure. I dont want to get into a big side argument, just wanted to talk some football, i just think its sad/sick to bring up a kids death to make a point. It was a terrible accident and there is no way the parents would continue to show support for someone who they believed had a hand in their son's death.

So in your mind, BK is not at fault just because

Sep 30, 2015, 9:27 AM

the family supports Notre Dame?

Re: So in your mind, BK is not at fault just because

Sep 30, 2015, 9:43 AM

> the family supports Notre Dame?

My point is that the people who actually have the information from the investigation and actually spoke with police and investigators don't have ill feelings towards the coach or the university, so i find it distasteful when people who don't know and haven't spoken with these people, use it as a line to smash the university and football team.

I see, well in that case

Sep 30, 2015, 9:56 AM

go back and whine on your ND boards then, cause I don't GAF about what you think is distasteful. You have no idea what I do or don't know about the investigation and who I have or haven't spoken to about it.

Here's what I think is distasteful, you coming onto our message boards and judging me about what I say. Either get over it and deal with it, or leave. And while you're at it, get to know your coach a little better, because he is a pompous ### and someone I would NEVER want representing my school. Defend BK all you want, but just know he is someone who can never get out of his own way.

Re: I see, well in that case

Sep 30, 2015, 10:13 AM

> go back and whine on your ND boards then, cause I
> don't GAF about what you think is distasteful. You
> have no idea what I do or don't know about the
> investigation and who I have or haven't spoken to
> about it.
>
> Here's what I think is distasteful, you coming onto
> our message boards and judging me about what I say.
> Either get over it and deal with it, or leave. And
> d while you're at it, get to know your coach a little
> better, because he is a pompous ### and someone I
> would NEVER want representing my school. Defend BK
> all you want, but just know he is someone who can
> never get out of his own way.

lol alright man, im done with talking about this, not going anywhere. Im not going to use this kids death to argue. Didn't mean to get you all upset, just here to talk a little football, glad you don't "GAF". because after saturday ill be gone until next time we play clemson.

But i do know our coach, have met him a number of times, know people who know him VERY well, he is very arrogant (sorry not going to use the words use did because im not going to spell a word differently just to get around cussing on a message board). Im am curious why you think you know him so well... but doesn't matter.

To a point, i think you have to be to do this job at a high level, i don't think he is any more than most, Saban, meyer, miles, peterson, harbaugh, etc. they are all arrogant coaches.

You don't me and i don't know you, lets not make assumptions either way and just move on from this topic.

Sep 29, 2015, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: BV is intense and animated ]

I think if you do some research on how the Cincy players felt about BK's departure you wouldn't compare it to Chad Morris...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 9:48 PM

Fair enough. I guess I've just become a bit numb to coaches splitting in that manner. I didn't fault Saban, and I didn't fault Rodriguez (when he went to Michigan). I was a bit perturbed by Petrino and hated the way that Todd Graham did it repeatedly...but usually I'm kind of meh on the situation. Just like when a recruit decommits. It's part of the business.

Sep 29, 2015, 9:54 PM

You are definitely correct about it being a normal part of CFB now though. Who was it a few years back that straight up said to the media he wasn't going anywhere, and then announced like a day later or some such nonsense?

Sep 29, 2015, 10:00 PM

It may have been Todd Graham. He changed teams like 3 times in 4 years and was always stringing teams & players along like that.

Chad Morris didn't leave like BK did

Sep 30, 2015, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: BV is intense and animated ]

As his undefeated Cincinnati Bearcats were about to begin their season awards banquet in the Westin, right before taking on the Florida Gators in the biggest game of their lives, BK surrounded himself with armed guards, snuck in the back of the hotel, told his players he was bouncing, and slipped out with his guards to avoid questions. In a night dedicated to his players to celebrate the best season in program history, BK took that away from them and it was reflected when they had no fight against Florida.

Re: Chad Morris didn't leave like BK did

Sep 30, 2015, 8:47 AM

> As his undefeated Cincinnati Bearcats were about to
> begin their season awards banquet in the Westin,
> right before taking on the Florida Gators in the
> biggest game of their lives, BK surrounded himself
> with armed guards, snuck in the back of the hotel,
> told his players he was bouncing, and slipped out
> with his guards to avoid questions. In a night
> dedicated to his players to celebrate the best season
> in program history, BK took that away from them and
> it was reflected when they had no fight against
> Florida.

I agree that was a very poor thing to do. I by no means think he is the greatest coach or person in the world. I do believe he has changed a lot since coming to notre dame, in a sense 'grew up' as a professional college coach, the purple faced yelling days are gone and he handles himself much better> i think the idea of a head coach at a school like notre dame caused him to behave in a less than ideal. But i do believe he is a top 10 coach and is getting better.

The guy is a prick, do not mince words

Sep 30, 2015, 11:31 AM

He is one of the biggest ###### in the game actually. To add to that, what I thought was a very classy fan base has proven to be very, shall I even dare say, Marylandish. You have players tweeting, talking trash, you have a coach not giving much respect to its opponent, and you have fans that encourage/condone all of it.

I am not sure who wins Saturday, but no matter what, this week has made me lose a ton of respect for ND. You guys are actually just a bunch of jerks that apparently think that residing in the shadows of a touchdown Jesus and a golden dome will prevent folks from seeing what you truly are. Jerks!

Re: The guy is a prick, do not mince words

Sep 30, 2015, 11:49 AM

> He is one of the biggest ###### in the game actually.
> To add to that, what I thought was a very classy fan
> base has proven to be very, shall I even dare say,
> Marylandish. You have players tweeting, talking
> trash, you have a coach not giving much respect to
> its opponent, and you have fans that
> encourage/condone all of it.
>
> I am not sure who wins Saturday, but no matter what,
> this week has made me lose a ton of respect for ND.
> You guys are actually just a bunch of jerks that
> apparently think that residing in the shadows of a
> touchdown Jesus and a golden dome will prevent folks
> from seeing what you truly are. Jerks!

Sorry things that have unfolded this week have made you think that or my part on this board had anything to do with that. I carefully say i think some of the ND tweets were taken out of context or at least blown up bigger than they were intended. Also, the copying of messages from the ND boards are a poor choice of evaluating the fan base as a whole, as you can go on any major football board, including this one, and hand pick posts that reflect negatively on the university. There are a lot of good ND fans.

Think what you want of kelly, but i know he has a ton of respect for you guys this week.

Sep 30, 2015, 10:21 AM [ in reply to BV is intense and animated ]

Ford use to get in our players face and we loved it or at least I did

Sep 30, 2015, 9:39 AM [ in reply to His sideline demeanor for one... ]

do they allow bad words at a religous school ? Can anyone read limps ? What kind of holding did he say?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 9:47 AM

> do they allow bad words at a religous school ? Can
> anyone read limps ? What kind of holding did he say?

Yep, not a fan of that. Hes gotten a lot better, but he needs to control that

"Catholic" and "religious" are two different things.***

Sep 30, 2015, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: His sideline demeanor for one... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: "Catholic" and "religious" are two different things.***

Sep 30, 2015, 12:11 PM

Uhhhhhh, no they're not.

How was the Inquisition religious?

Sep 30, 2015, 12:16 PM

Or the whole choir boy thing?

I have zero respect for that institution.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How was the Inquisition religious?

Sep 30, 2015, 12:27 PM

That's fine. You don't have to like it--I'm not a fan of any "institution"--but that doesn't make the institution not a religion. It's the original form of Christianity.

Not really the original form of Christianity.

Sep 30, 2015, 12:31 PM

That all kinda started back in about 33 AD give or take a couple of years.

can't TU Sportsfan's post....I'm ignored

Sep 30, 2015, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: His sideline demeanor for one... ]

I has the sads :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a middle manager if I've ever seen one.***

Sep 30, 2015, 10:31 AM [ in reply to His sideline demeanor for one... ]

Re: Brian Kelly

Sep 30, 2015, 11:07 AM

Would you mind swinging by Snake River Meats and grabbing me some ribeye filets? TIA

Is a midget prik

Sep 30, 2015, 12:13 PM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic