Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night

Oct 9, 2015, 3:41 PM

has removed her picture from twitter. This is to cover up the fact that she is actually a Georgia Tech hired mole hired to make a mountain out of a molehill in order to distract from the game at hand!! what the ####

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, she is smart for removing that, she made

Oct 9, 2015, 3:42 PM

a laughing stock out of herself. Any logical person knows she's full of bullsh*t. She got so butt hurt making a dirt mound for the yellow bees that she ended up being a worm puller for Steve Slurrier

Re: The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night

Oct 9, 2015, 8:31 PM

Please email Hallenbeck and Pres Clements and let them know you're outraged over this ridiculous matter. Withdraw contributions and they'll get the message.

Oct 9, 2015, 8:40 PM

Um no...I'm not going to stop donating to Clemson because they did what any other organization would have done. What kind of sense does that make. Let it go and it dies. Quit trying to continue making it a big deal, and it will cease to be a big deal. It was one person hell bent on attention and Clemson did exactly what they had to do to remain PC and let this fade into nothingness. You should do the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2015, 8:57 PM

That's exactly what's wanted - for people to accept outrageous political correctness as "normal" or the status quo so they can avoid any student being offended. The University of California recently proposed making it a right that no student should ever be offended on campus; that's just an advanced example of what we're looking at here.

Oct 9, 2015, 9:00 PM

FYI...outrageous political correctness already is the status quo...everywhere.

I'm not going to stop donating to Clemson because of it or harass the girl on Twitter or write our BOT & Prez. I'm just going to let her little voice fade into nothingness. Seems a good plan to me.

Oct 9, 2015, 10:12 PM

HendrixTiger is spot on. You should be embarrassed that your university bowed to one single ridiculous complaint and issued a formal apology. This was not a private apology to a single student. This was a formal written apology from the institution issued by a high level official. When do we stop rolling over for this garbage? Is this the same mentality that produced men who fought and died for this country and its freedom. It won't just "go away" but if you want to keep your head in the sand and assume it will - have at it. Perhaps we should all wear black and white and walk around silently so we don't offend anyone. Perhaps running down the hill tomorrow will offend a marble that would otherwise helplessly roll down that hill. How insensitive - cancel the hill run. Apologizing for this is something I'd expect from Chapel Hill but not from Clemson.

Oct 9, 2015, 10:14 PM

Keep on pushing that agenda that you created an account for...this is all you have posted about.

Oct 9, 2015, 10:25 PM

Actually I've posted one other time about a different matter. I primarily read Tnet for entertainment and information. I guess you can't have a valued opinion unless you post tirelessly about meaningless drivel. Sorry you can't accept an opinion other than your own. That's mostly why I don't post on this site. I don't know how to check on everyone's credentials but if you'll check you'll see I didn't create the account for this post - it was actually established several years ago. Just don't see the need to base my self worth on Tnet points etc. Sorry my post upset you.

Oct 10, 2015, 2:16 AM [ in reply to Re: The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night ]

Being Politically correct is a bunch of crap. I am tired of political correctness.

Oct 9, 2015, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night ]

I will be doing that as soon as I have looked up their email addresses. I can't believe Pres Clements went along with the apology. Hopefully it was made without him being aware of it.

Oct 9, 2015, 10:41 PM

Search the phone book tab on the university website for email addresses. Glad you're taking the time to let leadership know how you feel. Most people with real lives don't bother to speak out about such foolishness because they're busy with things that matter. But there does come a time when the foolishness just can't be ignored any longer.

took less than 30 seconds to google/copy and paste

Oct 10, 2015, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Re: The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night ]

http://www.clemson.edu/administration/president/contacts.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So where did she leave my tomatoes...?***

Oct 9, 2015, 10:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2015, 11:06 PM

This isn't directed at your post, but attacking the girl also does literally nothing to help anyone; rather, it shows you as unreasonable when the school is being unreasonable here. If she wants to be offended, that's perfectly fine. That doesn't mean it's a valid reason for everyone to be offended and certainly not a reason for the school to apologize - if this is her primary concern with the world, the school apparently isn't doing enough to educate its students about some of the terrible things going on around the world right now.

Oct 9, 2015, 11:24 PM

Amen to your last sentenence. I stated the same in my note to the administration.

she deserves whatever she gets.

Oct 10, 2015, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Re: The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night ]

She should be offered the choice to leave. Don't like it? See ya.

Oct 9, 2015, 11:11 PM

I am confused as to what there is to be offended about......the next thing you know, somebody will be offended because the university didn't have a night dedicated to their cultural quisine....obviously, this person needs to get a life. After all that has happened in our state this past week and she is worried about the food in the cafeteria????

Oct 9, 2015, 11:26 PM

Amen, again. Also mentioned this in my note to administration. People have lost all they have and someone is complaining about taco night. And university goes along with it rather than correcting it. Sad day.

Oct 10, 2015, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night ]

To me, it reflects back to the fact that kids are taught the importance of self above all else - "Be yourself," "Do whatever makes YOU happy," etc. When you decide to make everything about you and your own feelings, your ability to empathize with and focus on the dire needs of others disappears, replaced by a singular focus on personal comfort. As a recent grad, that's the biggest issue I see with people today. It's not even entirely their fault (aka I don't blame the girl who reported that she felt offended) - to a massive extent, the media and education system push this system of beliefs upon them. If you need proof of what I'm talking about, just look at the viral content-focused "news" site Elite Daily, directed at teens and 20somethings. It's nothing but oversimplification of complex issues mixed with BS fluff promoting instant gratification for the younger crowd. It's reflective of the state of the news media in a social media world.

I love tacos

Oct 10, 2015, 12:42 AM

I do . I think it's because aside from the traditional ingredients that there is such a diverse array of condiments and fillings and seemingly endless combinations of ways to prepare the taco .
A personal favorite of mine is the fried chicken and collard green taco , with ceaser dressing and a squirt of pepper vinegar . That is an outstanding taco .
Don't believe me ? Try it . Tacos are little purses of perfection . Thank you , oh taco inventor guy . Your initial vision inspires us to this day .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I love tacos

Oct 10, 2015, 12:03 PM

Personally, I'm partial to tacos al pastor - that pineapple flavor just sets off the richness of the pork perfectly. I must admit that the Ahi Tuna tacos with mango slaw at Loose Change are to die for, though.

The ##### is probably pissed because she didn't get a bid.***

Oct 10, 2015, 1:30 AM [ in reply to Re: The girl who complained on twitter about the Mexican night ]

The fact that someone decided to post this and make a big deal out of it...

Oct 10, 2015, 1:22 AM

isn't the point. Clemson "apologizing" is the real problem. Clemson bends over backwards to try and please every person and have an answer for every issue. You see it with the gay and transgender ######## on campus (they're having a 'campus wide coming out day?' Are you ####### kidding me?). It's there with the PC stuff like this unnecessary apology and especially with the biggest crock of crap ever, the emphasis on (expanding/celebrating) diversity. Clemson has a "chief diversity officer?" The #### does that person even do? Sometimes I wonder how loyal I am to the university side of Clemson and if this PC #### is what the paw stands for.

On the bright side, thank God for Dabo. He knows what he believes in and he wouldn't put up with this hot garbage for a single minute.

not just Clemson, all of higher education jumping off cliff***

Oct 10, 2015, 1:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as much as it hurts to say it

Oct 10, 2015, 1:34 AM

USuC doesn't do half of the #### Clemson does. Their admin is much more conservative.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic